Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ark of the Covenant

The last record of the location of the Ark of the Covenant in the Tanakh, (Old Testament), is Jeremiah 3:16. "And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the L-RD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the L-RD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more." You will recall that Jeremiah knew that Babylon would soon conquer Judah and was preaching repentance to the people of Judah. You may also recall that the L-rd instructed Jeremiah to purchase a specific field. Jeremiah knew the first temple, built by Solomon, was going to be looted and destroyed by Nebuchadnezer. At the L-rd's instruction, with the help of the remnant of faithful priests, Jeremiah had the Ark of the Covenant and the furnishings which were in the Holy of Holies moved to the location which the L-rd directed. Before hearing Henry Gruver, I had always thought that G-d had taken the Ark of the Covenant to heaven, according to the b'rit chadasha, Revelation 11:19. "And the temple of G-d was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail." Now I can see that this is the temple of G-d in heaven. The Ark of the Covenant, which the L-rd had Moses construct, was a model of that which was in heaven. The Ark of the Covenant was placed in a certain specific location by Jeremiah at the L-rd's direction. The Ark of the Covenant is hard physical evidence which proves the absolute truth of the Bible and that Mohammed is a false prophet. If the Muslim leaders knew of the whereabouts of the Ark they would have an all out jihad to destroy the Ark. That is why discretion should be exercised in the publication of this information.

2. The ark was discovered in Iraq. Almost a year ago I received a letter from a friend which included a Chinese newspaper and a translation of an article from that paper. According to this newspaper account the Ten Commandments were discovered near Kuwait 100 meters below ground. The article said Iraqi troops were hiding from the opposing army when an artillery shell exposed their hideout, and also exposed the Ten Commandments. This report does not mention the Ark of the Covenant, but I assume the ark and the Ten Commandments would be together. I personally tried to contact the archaeologists mentioned in this report without success. At the writing of this article, this newspaper account, now over a year old, has never been substantiated by any evidence other than the claims of the article.

Source: http://www.andrews.edu/~merling/newpage3.htm

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v21/i2/ark.asp

Edited by 987654321

while the claims may be unsubstantiated, they are still incredible to speculate about. though i feel the war in iraq is for terrorism and oil...still and i recall hearing of the ark being mentioned to be in africa, so much so that it is guarded...i'll try to find something on that after i get some sleep tonight.

If the ark still exists it is in Ethiopia, not in Iraq. Anyway, the Babylons would have just destroyed the tablets, not keep them. And why the hell would some weird chinese newspaper know about it and no one else? Also, why do each time I come to this forum there is a new conspiracy regarding the real purpose of the war on Iraq? Looks like in the end there were a lot of reasons to attack it.

:P It seems that after reading your links it disproves any credibility of the claims made and that the where abouts of the Ark is still unknown. Wyatt/Gray have made so many false claims that their word does not have much weight anymore. I can not disprove them, but others that can have.

Also I do not think that the Ark of the Covernant has anything to do with the Iraq war, it is more about the oil and control of the middle east, that started the war.

The Tablets were put inside the Ark. And so if they found the tablets the Ark would obviously be encasing it!

But I have never heard of them being found before?

So the Chinese are searching for the Ark.

How incredibly interesting.

TY for the heads up! Great post. :yes:

One of the main things that deals with the ark is that the country who posesses it cannot not be defeated by another army.

That rules out Iraq right there because Saddam's army was defeated not once, but twice.

I've posted about the "6-Days War" between Israel, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt before. Three countries with armies which dwarfed the Israeli army attacked them from all sides, and every single one of those countries fell at Israel's feet.

Not only were they very soundly defeated, but Israel even gained more territory after it was over.

Again, this only took SIX DAYS FOR ISRAEL TO ACCOMPLISH.

And if you want to read into that a bit more, if you're inclined to thinking in a religious way.

Israel fought for six days, were victorious, and rested on the seventh day.

In the bible, the Ark was always at the head of the army, it would literally take flight and destroy the opposing army single handidly. Last I remember, Israel used its Armed Forces to defeat 3 third world countries in the 6 day war.

• Like 1

Israel fought for six days, were victorious, and rested on the seventh day.

God apparantly toiled for six days and rested on the seventh also... ^_^

Fascinating topic nonetheless.

I read somewhere that the Ark is supposed to generate a massive static electrical charge and this is what destroys the enemies, although I'm not sure where I read it and anyway I don't think it was a reputable source. Just thought I'd share that piece of info :)

Edit: found it for what it's worth. Please remember I'm not stating this info as the truth, I just found it an interesting take on things...

In Exodus, Moses was given instructions on building the Ark of the Covenant. The inventive genius, Nikola Tesla, wrote in 'The Wall of Light' that Moses had to have been a skilled electrical engineer. The Ark, Tesla concluded, was a very powerful 'condenser.' It created intense vibrations that could smash solid stone. The Israelites carted the device into battle and won wars with it; not unlike the vibration weapons the Fremen used in the film 'Dune.'

I Samuel 14/5: 'And when the Ark of the Covenant of the Lord came into the camp, all Israel shouted with a great shout...' 4/8: '...who shall deliver us out of the hand of these mighty Gods? these are the Gods that smote the Egyptians...'

In II Samuel 6/6-7...a simple man named Uzzah, disregarded warnings, touched the Ark improperly and was electrocuted! '...Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it. And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.' The man attempted to place it back on the ox-drawn cart and died. They had no concept of high-voltage. 6/9: 'And David was afraid of the Lord that day.'

The story of Jericho is told in the Book of Joshua. The actual site of Jericho was found. The stone walls were over ten feet thick. What could bring down massive walls? According to the Old Testament, it was the power of the Lord. Marching around the stone fort and blowing trumpets could not possibly shatter such walls. The Ark of the Covenant was there and responsible for 'tumbling down' the walls of Jericho. There are numerous references to, again, a great shout.

Source

Edited by Bebi

• 1 year later...

I read somewhere that the Ark is supposed to generate a massive static electrical charge and this is what destroys the enemies, although I'm not sure where I read it and anyway I don't think it was a reputable source. Just thought I'd share that piece of info
According to the Biblical accounts, it also made the people who stole it loose their finger nails and caused their hair to fall out. It caused them to become ill and made lesions on their skin. The ones that carried it off also died of these health issues. To me, that makes it sound like it also gave off some kind of radiation. In the end, they put it on a cart tied to wild asses and turned them loose in the dessert. Somehow they found their way to the Isaelites.

Hey, I don't make this stuff up, I just report it.

History has proven it was an excellent hiding place.

Where would you have hid it?

I like rocks.

And so the throne tabernacle beneath the 4 beast creatures encircled by the 24 elder species surrounded by 144,000 younger species and of course ten thousand times ten thousand even more younger species was another geophysical mystery solved by core drilling.

Around the House hiding Places

Inside speaker cabinets

Behind the back plate of mobile phone

A hole in the wall covered with a poster

A hole in the wall under a stairway

Taped to the top of a door

Inside a smoke detector

In the diaper genie

In the freezer

In a box of tampons

Below a false bottom in a fishing tackle box

Underneath the bottom drawer in a chest of drawers

On top of a suspended ceiling

In books (bibles)

On top of or below kitchen cabinets with edging

Inside electronics, such as an amp, clothes dryer, water heater or game cube

In the base of the grandfather clock

In the base of a table with removable leaves

On the plastic dummy PC card in a laptop

In the cat's litter box

Inside the hollow metal tubes of furniture

In the base of a porcelain lamp

In a big bag of dog food

Within the steering wheel of a car

In a car's door panel

Inside a guitar or instrument case

Inside the backup battery compartment of an alarm clock

Taped to the underside of a desk or chair

In the little area under the bottom shelf on most bookshelves

In an office storage box or envelope labeled "junk mail" or "oil change receipts"

In the yarn

On top of the leg of the grand piano

In a phony electrical outlet

Below the tissues in a box of tissues

On a shelf within the fireplace (the flue door)

In a gutted VHS tape

Inside the square metal casings of a streetlamp

In a nested plant container

Buried (rocks)

In a stack of paper plates

In a bottle of mouthwash

Inside carousel of 50 CD swapper

In band-aid tin in the medicine cabinet

Velcro-ed patches on clothes or backpacks

In the "P" trap of a sink

In the pockets of a jacket hanging in the closet

Behind the filter of HVAC unit

On the dog's collar

In an empty washing powder box

In a lamp between fluorescent bulbs

Under the dog food bowl

Inside a pony tail braid

Inside the shower curtain rod

Inside an automobile's subwoofer speaker box

Half-empty paint cans

Inside a sharps medical waste disposal container

May all of your hiding places have nothing to do with what you are hiding.

G-D

G.D. --

Do you have to drag out the exact same uselessly incomprehensible post in a completely different thread?

--Jaylemurph

yeah that D E A check list is funny :P

Buried rock

The Tablets were put inside the Ark.

And so if they found the tablets the Ark would obviously be encasing it!

:yes:

to bad most people will flip out and all hell will break lose :devil::no:

Do you have to drag out the exact same uselessly incomprehensible post in a completely different thread?
I'm a little confused. What is he talking about and how does it relate to the Ark of the Covenant?

I'm a little confused. What is he talking about and how does it relate to the Ark of the Covenant?

Who knows? That post is a response to a thread on the Ancient History page, but it wasn't coherent there, either.

--Jaylemurph

they went there for a reason...to save the dollar..it didnt work..now they will go to iran to save the dollar..think it will work?...the US got sold out by bush...it will never be the same..

• 10 years later...

If you read Revelations 11:19 you would notice the Ark of the Covenant was lifted up from the earth into Heaven.  This is where the Ark is today.

Edited by William Batey

Three items were placed inside the Ark of the Covenant and it was to house God while with the Israelites on earth.  The Tables of Stone which was the 10 Commandments, the Manna which fell from Heaven to feed the Israelites, and the Staff that Aaron the high priest carried.  Notice what those 3 items truly are.  The Staff that budded Almond leaves is the Tree of Life or God the Father.  The Tables of Stone is the Wordof Life, God the Holy Ghost.  And the Manna is the Bread of Life, God the Son.   God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost dwelling inside the Ark of the Covenant in the many forms He can take.  Remember Melchisedek, Christ and John the 3 flesh forms God took to witness to himself and His 1 Spiritual being.  Melchesedek was the Mind of God in flesh, Christ was the Body of God in the flesh, and John was the.Soul of God in the flesh witnessing to His 1 Spiritual Being known as Adam.

Edited by William Batey

On 2/25/2018 at 2:05 AM, William Batey said:

If you read Revelations 11:19 you would notice the Ark of the Covenant was lifted up from the earth into Heaven.  This is where the Ark is today.

Maybe you haven't picked up on it yet, but it's sort of bad form to resurrect a decade-old thread where most posters are long gone, especially when you don't add anything of substance to the discussion.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

On 25/2/2018 at 11:17 AM, William Batey said:

Three items were placed inside the Ark of the Covenant and it was to house God while with the Israelites on earth.  The Tables of Stone which was the 10 Commandments, the Manna which fell from Heaven to feed the Israelites, and the Staff that Aaron the high priest carried.  Notice what those 3 items truly are.  The Staff that budded Almond leaves is the Tree of Life or God the Father.  The Tables of Stone is the Wordof Life, God the Holy Ghost.  And the Manna is the Bread of Life, God the Son.   God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost dwelling inside the Ark of the Covenant in the many forms He can take.  Remember Melchisedek, Christ and John the 3 flesh forms God took to witness to himself and His 1 Spiritual being.  Melchesedek was the Mind of God in flesh, Christ was the Body of God in the flesh, and John was the.Soul of God in the flesh witnessing to His 1 Spiritual Being known as Adam.

Do you really have to copy paste this into every thread containing references to the ark ?

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2006 at 7:11 PM, el_burdokai said:

If the ark still exists it is in Ethiopia, not in Iraq. Anyway, the Babylons would have just destroyed the tablets, not keep them. And why the hell would some weird chinese newspaper know about it and no one else? Also, why do each time I come to this forum there is a new conspiracy regarding the real purpose of the war on Iraq? Looks like in the end there were a lot of reasons to attack it.

http://www.madote.com/2010/09/ethiopias-queen-of-sheba-and-ark-of.html

There was not the slightest indication that the object in the chapel of the St. Mary of Zion Church in Aksum had any great antiquity or was connected with the original Ark or with original Arks in any way. Quite the contrary: it has been proved without a shadow of doubt that it did not.

But even conceptually, this fake, Christian Ark described by Abu Salih, and something even more ornate described by later visitors to Aksum, was not the Ark I was seeking. It was not the Ark.
The Lost Ark of the Covenant: Solving the 2,500-Year-Old Mystery of the Fabled Biblical Ark  by Professor Tudor Parfitt, page 72-73

Edited by docyabut2