Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Abominable Snowman 'a bear'

Starlyte

A Japanese mountaineer is attempting to settle once and for all the decades-long debate over the existence of the Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas, claiming that his years of study have shown that the legendary apelike monster is in fact a brown bear.

Makoto Nebuka, 56, a senior member of the Japanese Alpine Club, plans to publish the results of his 12 years of research which led him to conclude the mysterious creature, known as the "Yeti," is really the endangered Himalayan Brown Bear (Ursus Arctos).

"Reality is rarely as terrifying as one's fears," a smiling Nebuka said in Tokyo ahead of a visit later this month to Nepal to complete his research.

"Fortunately or unfortunately the romantic pursuit of the creature is going to end, but I'm full of satisfaction that I'm turning the unknown into a known fact," he told AFP.

Nebuka's theory rests on a linguistic discovery: Through a series of interviews with local people in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan, he has found that "yeti" is a regional dialect word for "meti", meaning bear.

Ethnic Tibetan tribes who are scared of the powerful bears which often attack their villages, worship the meti/yeti as a dreadful, supernatural creature, Nebuka said.

Full Article LINK

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snuffypuffer

• Starlyte

• Nie

• Paulo

Top Posters In This Topic

The Abominable Snowman is the same has the Yeti right?

Well, i remember seeing something about some British scientists on a trip to Tibete who found some straints of hair from the Yeti. they tried a DNA check but the DNA is from an Undiscovered specie. ohmy.gif

"We found some DNA in it, but we don’t know what it is. It’s not a human, not a bear nor anything else we have so far been able to identify"

http://www.lauralee.com/news/yetiDNA.htm

Abominable Snowman...a Bear???

of course it's not a bear! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Abominable Snowman or Yeti exist only in two areas: in North America. and in the Himalayan region...between Nepal & Tibet areas.

And based on scientific findings and evidences, it is defenitely not a bear.

The footprints are Humanoid like except bigger.

Actually there are stories of Bigfoot or the Abominable snowman from all over the world. Mostly on days I go outside without a shirt. laugh.gif