Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cao Chin

thedemonof69

What it do, folks? Haven't posted in a while...this is mainly a question for people in the Houston area. But he's said to be known world wide...so maybe someone else knows. His name is Cao Chin he has a temple in Houston off of Boone. I've seen him twice. I won't call him a fortune teller, but because I won't I'm kinda unclear on what he'd be. Pretty much you go to his temple EARLY in the morning like 5 or earlier. Last time I went at 2. Why? Like I said he's well known and lots of people believe in him and what he has to say. I've seen lines stretch the entire strip center before. The doors open at 8ish and Cao Chin arrives around 10. He meditates for 30 minutes then rings a bell and see's the first in line. Only 50 slots are open per day. I went to see him a few months ago because I'd been having a lot of weird dreams that kept coming true. The main focus of these dreams was being realized then suddenly it all went down hill. I meant to find out why and if things could be undone, so as to put it all back in my favor. I was number 13 in line that day. The bell rang, I left my seat stopped at the door and took off my boots. I sat down before him and a table covered in playing cards. He started to jive and dance about kinda like Stevie Wonder while mumbling stuff. I was about to get up and leave when he started saying things that actually made sense. He told me I was a good person , had a good heart, blah blah blah. Things I kinda figured anyone would say to convince me they knew my fortune. Then he began to shuffle the cards and stack them up. Once he'd build five towers of cards he slapped them and knocked them over. The cards the landed face up he'd relate to my life somehow. Soon he related to me the events of all my dreams and their realizations which I had already witnessed. All this without me ever saying a word about them to him or the friend who had taken me to see him. He told me not to worry things would get better and that it'd be fine later. Just as he said things did get better but then it came apart as a close friend betrayed me. I'd prefer not to give the details of these events. But I went back soon afterwards. This time around I took a friend. We went to see him late in the afternoon which was a mistake as he only sees 50 people and spots fill up early in the morning. His assistant turned us away, and as we got in the car to leave she came running out to say "no, wait he said he'd see 2 more people." We were a bit intrigued at this point. The room where he does his readings is closed off from the waiting room so he didn't see us come in. My friend saw a camera but when we saw him I don't recall seeing a monitor in his room. Anyway. We didn't see him that day because we had errands to run and didn't make it back on time. So we went back the next day. I don't know how to explain it, but what he told me this time contradicted what he said before and in no way could be applied to what I was now dealing with. I was dissapointed. But like the time before, I'd had dreams come true and they convinced me to see him. For a whole week every night I dreamnt something and the following day or in the same week it came true. A total of 7 dreams. After seeing him I decided not to do what the dreams were instructing me to. But I found myself almost being forced to follow through. I have yet to do what I was instructed, but misfortune has come upon me here and there. What I want to know is if anyone else has seen Cao Chin and or had an experience? Would anyone be willing to go and report there experience here? He offers his services asking only for a donation in return as opposed to a set value, if you can not offer money he asks that you offer your time instead as a volunteer. Surely someone has heard of him...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thedemonof69

• HoustonGal

• okabbai

• juliana89

The only thing I was certain even before you started was the "donation". Was that a fixed price or did you just left with what you could afford?.

At any rate it seems to be that the monk is really just another person with very good intuition and cold reading abilities.

The only thing I was certain even before you started was the "donation". Was that a fixed price or did you just left with what you could afford?.

At any rate it seems to be that the monk is really just another person with very good intuition and cold reading abilities.

Whatever, $0 to all you've got in the bank. And there's two ways to donate, in the room where he gives your reading there is a jar, money dontated there goes to his wallet, outside in the temple there is another jar, money there goes toward the temple. So really no one knows if you donate anything at all, you could drop something in the jar for him and no one else knows how much you gave him. Also you could put your donation in the temple's jar and he'd never know it. Or you could just leave nothing...and even then..no one would be wise to it. I forgot to mention he gives you "blessed food" my first time he gave me a stack of cheese, 13 slices. I ate one and my frined said "Dude, I don't think you were supposed to eat that..." just as well it was the nastiest cheese I ever had. I left it in the back of my car for like a week. And it never spoiled...this kinda creeped me out so I burned it. Last time I went he gave me a bag of chips. The crazy thing is he gave my friend a bag of bagels, the brand name? Thomas...his name? Tomas. The first time he was dead on with everything. It bothers me that he could be SO accurate and now be so off. I wonder if maybe he's witholding the truth (assuming he has any for me) to keep things from being too easy for me. He did say I was being tested...then again that's what most people say when someone falls on confusing or hard times. All my friends who'd seen him before me said his predicitions came true. Tomas thinks he makes you make the things come true. Said self fulfilled prophecies were his game, and that it wasn't necessarily a bad thing...just takes away from the mystic side of it. I don't know....I don't doubt that someone somewhere really can see what's up the road for me, but I tried to remain skeptical to keep from making things come true as my friend had said I would. All I know is that my dreams still come true and they seem to be leading me in the direction of something big, for me anyway.

• 1 month later...
A friend of mine has seen him and has said that she would take me, but I had forgotten about it until now. Anyway, I think she's seen him 2 or 3 times and if I remember right she found the experiences helpful and on track, and definitely interesting.

Sounds really interesting. I'm 3 hours away down I-10 in SA, maybe I'll make the trip.

• 2 months later...

Can someone please tell me Cao Chin's address?

Before I lived in Houston, I went to see him with a couple of friends. I wasn't familiar with the city so I don't remember exactly where the temple is. I do remember it was in a strip mall.

I'd really like to have a reading. If anyone can help me with the address, I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks

self fufilling prophesies are most of what profets do...(along with cold reading,, ect...) but the fact that he does not charge for it intreagues me and leads me to wonder about his motives,,,

• 4 months later...

Cao Chin used to give amazing readings, however, no one is sure what happened, but recently he has sadly lost his sense of mental balance and stability. It's an easy thing to do in this line of work. In the process he has also lost a great deal of his fortune; and he had millions. Also, he claims people are trying to kill him. There is a good chance these people are imaginary.

A very delusional man came in to tell me about a reading he got from Cao Chin. Chin told him that he was an alien abductee, and that soon he would be recruited by the CIA to fight the Reptilian Aliens who were trying to take over the world, and they had implanted a tracking device/mind control chip in his brain.

Second, he tells me that Cao Chin told him that I was his SOUL MATE, and that I was supposed to join the CIA with him, to stop the war in Iraq, win the war against the Aliens, and that together we would have a highly enlightened child who would grow up to become PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

The whole time he's telling me this story, he's looking around the room with great anxiety, whispering to me that we are surrounded by spies, and we must meet in a secure location to talk.

This whack-job then demanded my phone number. I refused, obviously. Then he began banging the table, and causing a big scene, screaming that the fate of the world was at stake. Everyone was looking, and listening to his crazy talk. I was so embarrassed.

I am a psychic and energy worker in the Houston area, and a former student of Chins. My first thought was, what kind of sick prank is Chin trying to play on me? But after talking with others, they explained that Chin has sadly taken leave of his senses, and honestly believes every word he told this man.

A good thing they explained it to me, because I had half a mind to go down there and confront him personally. Now, I think I best just stay away.

Edited by HoustonGal

Cao Chin used to give amazing readings, however, recently he has lost his sense of mental stability. No one is sure what happened, but it's an easy thing to do in this line of work. This has also affected his financial situation, as he had millions, but has lost a great deal of his fortune. Also, he claims people are trying to kill him. There is a good chance these people are imaginary.

A very delusional man came in to tell me about a reading he got from Cao Chin. Chin told him that he was an alien abductee, and that soon he would be recruited by the CIA to fight the Reptilian Aliens who were trying to take over the world, and they had implanted a tracking device/mind control chip in his brain.

Second, he tells me that Cao Chin told him that I was his SOUL MATE, and that I was supposed to join the CIA with him, to stop the war in Iraq, win the war against the Aliens, and that together we would have a highly enlightened child who would grow up to become PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

The whole time he's telling me this story, he's looking around the room with great anxiety, whispering to me that we are surrounded by spies, and we must meet in a secure location to talk.

This whack-job then demanded my phone number. I refused, obviously. Then he began banging the table, and causing a big scene, screaming that the fate of the world was at stake. Everyone was looking, and listening to his crazy talk. I was so embarrassed.

I am a psychic and energy worker in the Houston area, and a former student of Chins. My first thought was, what kind of sick prank is Chin trying to play on me? But after talking with others, they explained that Chin has sadly taken leave of his senses, and honestly believes every word he told this man.

A good thing they told me, because I had half a mind to go down there and confront him. Now, I think I best just stay away.

Wow, that sounds like something Sylvia Browne would say...it's sad to hear that he lost it. Though it would explain why he didn't want to help me the last time I saw him and everything he said contradicted what he said the time before. The first time EVERYTHING he predicted and told me about myself was dead on. Next time it was hit and miss, mostly miss. He did seem different, maybe it was just starting when I saw him. He kept saying something about telling me what the spirits tell him. I don't suppose there's anybody similar to him around Houston is there? I still have a few questions about things that have been happening, and really weird dreams.

Next time it was hit and miss, mostly miss. He did seem different, maybe it was just starting when I saw him. He kept saying something about telling me what the spirits tell him.

Oh my gods. Then it's exactly what I thought. This kind of work gets dangerous at the higher levels. So easy to lose your footing once you get to the stage where you're talking to spirits. It's called Kundalini psychosis.

Here is an article excerpt on the topic:

If you choose to pay attention to the entities, results could be embarrassing at the least, and disastrous at the worst. How many times have you heard of the homicidal psycho who says, the voices or God told them to do it? Yikes, don't go there.

Many types of critters who may appear claiming to be guides, are simply not worth the energy of your attention. They are self centered entities who will use fear, flattery, fancy titles and prophecies of doom, to persuade you to direct your power towards their own agendas.

This is how people sometimes find themselves on a mountain top, having given away all their possessions, waiting for the Lightships to come save them from Armageddon...of course they will often want you to start some sort of cult or movement.

Entities, (and some professional psychics who channel entities!) may give you fancy titles or famous past lives so you will pay attention to them, flattering you that you are Napoleon or Cleopatra reincarnated, is a way for them to feed on your energy, if you believe it.

Funny, too how the entities tend to stick with what works. I've lost track of how many people have told me their guides said they had been "Keeper of the temple in Atlantis"..

If the entities are giving you predictions of the future, chuck them into the Light. If the entities are very judgmental, boot them into the Light. If they are telling you that someone is evil, ditto.

It is very important that you be grounded when you are talking to the still small voice of the heart, otherwise you may very well hear instead the fearful voice of your own ego.

Sometimes the advice of the heart voice can be confusing, sometimes it may say things that will unground you, because you it will will react emotionally, but usually if you can stay grounded and ask enough questions you will get to a place of clarity and insights.

For example, the heart voice may tell you that you are Christ... This very typically happens, at a certain phase of awakening, and it can be very destabilizing for some people who invent their own interpretation instead of asking the Heart for more clarity.

Quite a few psychos have heard this and gone off on some disastrous messiah mission, resulting in events like Waco. Hitler probably heard it too, he believed himself to be the "German messiah."

If you stay grounded and ask for more information, you may learn that Jesus was an embodiment of heart chakra unconditional love, and he himself said, that the same potential he manifested, is within us all.

On that subject, one needs to be careful of human guides, too. Kundalini awakening is not always a clear road to enlightenment. There are many casualties along the way. Sadly, many fall into the trap of psychosis, typically believing that they are somehow specially chosen to lead some great mission.

Because of the amazing charisma that is part of awakening, some psychotics may drag quite a few others along with them. Hitler was awakened, and his charisma could make women faint and grown men weep, when he spoke... he dragged a whole country along with him, and after the war many Germans snapped out of the trance and felt like they were waking from a long, bad dream.

As for your recent awakenings, don't think someone is going to have your answers. Beware of anyone who says they do. I'm afraid you are going to have to do your own research, and carve your own path. But you will find it is half the fun. I would advise reading as many good books on the topic as you can get ahold of.

Don't be afraid to ask your guides to help send the right material your way. Here is my rule of thumb when it comes to Angels/Guides and it's very simple: DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS.

If the spirit has to tell you it's name, tell it to leave. Your real guides will need no introduction at all, as you have known them since before you you were born into a physical body. They helped you plan out the life you're living right now. You will recognize them immediatly.

Scam artist spirits are very predictable. First they lie, Then they scare, Then they beg. Turn them away all three times, no matter what they tell you. After only a couple of these encounters, they'll know you're wise to the game. You will find they don't even bother approaching you anymore.

What's going on with Chin is very clear since so many people report your exact same story. This scam-artist entity makes sure it is very accurate on the first reading, to get you hooked. It is on the second reading, after it has built a foundation of trust, that it tells you things that are wrong, misleading, or just plain crazy.

Edited by HoustonGal

• 2 weeks later...

A very delusional man came in to tell me about a reading he got from Cao Chin

i wonder why houston gal would believe a very delusional man? I think people are just trying to give Cao Chin a hard time - my sister and I have seen him, and it is worth the wait - he hasn't lost it like you people are saying ---

A very delusional man came in to tell me about a reading he got from Cao Chin

i wonder why houston gal would believe a very delusional man? I think people are just trying to give Cao Chin a hard time - my sister and I have seen him, and it is worth the wait - he hasn't lost it like you people are saying ---

I'm not saying anything one way or another, only that he was acting strange the last time I saw him. Really that's the whole point of this thread. I'm trying to understand why the first time I saw him he said one thing and it came to be, but the next time some of it happened, some of it didn't, and some of it was totally opposite what he said the first time. He pretty much denied he ever said what he had to me. I've been thinking about going to seem him again, just to see what his condition is. It troubles me, that I was right about so much and it lead me to him. So that he could reinforce my convictions and offer insight with some guidance, then lose it all. Everything was clear then it was a bigger mess than when it all started.

Edited by thedemonof69

• 2 months later...

He use to be a jeweler. He's a major con. He basically tells everyone the same thing. "You eat too much, sometimes you love too much sometimes you love too little." Basically things that apply to anyone. He gets alot of traffic through his office. If you go alot or start to hang out, he'll start talking bigger money than just the $5 to $10 donation. Like a crack dealer, the price goes up. He also has a good eye for a sucker. As time goes by, he needs $100 than $1000 or $5000 or $10000 for a church he will never build. He'll tell you to get your friends to donate. I know of one teacher who gave him a good portion of her retirement. It's all totally legal, as he says you are donating to his temple (a space in a strip center). He's a smaller version of the Reverend Moon out of Oakland California. His script is well rehearsed. He's probably read alot of self help motivation books. If you ask him whether you should open a business, he'll always tell you yes. If it succeeds, and you come back he'll expect a big donation. It's all about volume and numbers. If you tell 50 people they will succeed or get better, probably 25 will. If you want to go for entertainment go ahead. In fact, send several friends on different days and you'll find he tells them all about the same thing. But if you believe theirs something special here, you're just what he's looking for another sucker.

• 4 weeks later...
He use to be a jeweler. He's a major con. He basically tells everyone the same thing. "You eat too much, sometimes you love too much sometimes you love too little." Basically things that apply to anyone. He gets alot of traffic through his office. If you go alot or start to hang out, he'll start talking bigger money than just the $5 to $10 donation. Like a crack dealer, the price goes up. He also has a good eye for a sucker. As time goes by, he needs $100 than $1000 or $5000 or $10000 for a church he will never build. He'll tell you to get your friends to donate. I know of one teacher who gave him a good portion of her retirement. It's all totally legal, as he says you are donating to his temple (a space in a strip center). He's a smaller version of the Reverend Moon out of Oakland California. His script is well rehearsed. He's probably read alot of self help motivation books. If you ask him whether you should open a business, he'll always tell you yes. If it succeeds, and you come back he'll expect a big donation. It's all about volume and numbers. If you tell 50 people they will succeed or get better, probably 25 will. If you want to go for entertainment go ahead. In fact, send several friends on different days and you'll find he tells them all about the same thing. But if you believe theirs something special here, you're just what he's looking for another sucker.

How's it? Well, I've heard of this from family, friends and co-workers. My aunt has been twice and he tape recorded their visits. Both times, we were in awe of the things we heard on that tape. He asked her about her daughter. Well, she began discussing her when he said, "No, not that one..the one that died at birth." How could he have known something like that. I realize that there are cons who guess or relay information that could fit just about anyone, but how many people lost a child at birth? Then, he said that she'd come extremely close to death three times in her life and that two had already passed. Again, he was right on the money. The third one came about five years later when her kidneys began to fail, but she survived just like he said. Also, I worked for a very prestigious law firm in Houston and the attorneys visited him regularly. They swore by him. Who knows what his true motivation is, but I suggest taking it all with a grain of salt. If you're going for "entertainment" purposes, fine, but don't live your life according to his "visions."

well its safe to say no psychic or person like him is 100% right...Im not .....but I do get it most of the time...g2g talk later

• 2 years later...
Can someone please tell me Cao Chin's address?

Before I lived in Houston, I went to see him with a couple of friends. I wasn't familiar with the city so I don't remember exactly where the temple is. I do remember it was in a strip mall.

I'd really like to have a reading. If anyone can help me with the address, I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks

did you get the address? If so, can you please pass it to me. I am interested to have a reading. I am now in Houston.

• 6 months later...

I just saw Cao Chin this morning, Take Beechnut to Boone, take a right (north) on Boone and then it's the first strip mall on the left (westside). He starts the readings at 6:30am, I was in line by 6 and got into see him around 9:45. He averages 6 people/hr.

<!--quoteo(post=1270991:date=Jul 15 2006, 09:12 AM:name=mariab)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mariab @ Jul 15 2006, 09:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1270991"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can someone please tell me Cao Chin's address?

Many thanks<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

did you get the address? If so, can you please pass it to me. I am interested to have a reading. I am now in Houston.

and the skeptics tell us that we[\u] make things up.....to me the guy sounds like a buddhist monk who does this because it's what he's here to do.....has no-one heard of people who climb mountains to visit holy men to receive eitber prophecies or words of advice....i'm saddened by people who are themselves so paranoid and cynical that they automatically assume that he is either conning people or after money.....why can't someone do something good for the simple sake of being good? That's what Jesus told you to do afterall.........

• 1 year later...

Hes not a psychic. He is a spiritual adviser. He can help you in many ways and yeah he might say somethings that are the same as other people. but haven't you heard him before? he says all of us are all the same in a way bc we are stubborn people who are greedy and just don't care about our self's sometime. If he tells you to eat better or drink more water is bc he senses you need it. He can feel the energy you put out and from the energy he can explain some of things that are going to happen to you.. but sometimes it can change by the choices you make through out your life that change your way of life. If he tells your your going to live until your 88, and you decide to go in the middle of traffic and get killed then your family calls and say hey Master Chin said he was going to live until he was 88! Well then your wrong there buddy. He always says it he is a spiritual adviser who helps people who need advice and helps people who has lost faith on god. Whenever i have gone he never has told me to leave a donation. The last time i went i left a gatorade bc that all i had. He gave me great advice and also told me somethings that were true! I don't care what people say about him but i can say he is not losing it, hes a very helpful monk to the community who doesn't charge. I have gone to his temple on Murphy rd and its the most peaceful place Ive ever been in.. Ive seen people who have been healed by him. i seen him carry babies who would not stop crying and all of a sudden when he carries them they become peaceful. He has helped my mother in many ways! So people who down talk on a person whos willing to help the people just because they want to well they should be frowned upon. If you dont believe well dont waste your time or his time for his there to help.

• 1 year later...

you know i went when i was about 15 with my mom and he told me all these things i thought were so not true i didn't know my dad at the time and without me saying anything he said that i was going to meet him i was like okay yeah.. when i turned 18 i met him then i realized he was telling me the truth.....

years passed and i decided to go with him cause i had some problems in my relationship when i got there things had changed a bit now, a group will go in all together i didn't like that cause i felt i couldn't just say my business in front of all those strangers as as soon as we all went in he started with me he named a friend i know and his name is not common so i was hmm okay then he said someone else's name which i had no idea who they were he was like "are you sure you don't no anybody with the name of alex?" i was like im positive then out of no were he told me i was pregnant and that the next day i would take a test and if it came out negative i can chop his head off.... i was so excited cause i never told him but i thought i wasn't going to be able to have children me and my husband had 2 yrs of ttc and no luck so when he told me that i was in shock it was so many emotions... the next day i took the test...... it was NEGATIVE!!!! never will i go he brought the biggest hope i wished for to pieces!!! he has no idea what his talking about!!! i believe he can tell certain things but don't believe it all!! :hmm:

I hope yuo will feel better good friends are hard to find. I dont have many friends because people around here use you for what you have.but it sounds like this guy is awesome.

Keep us updated