Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brain Swapping

Nadal

Brain Swapping.  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we'll be able to swap our Brains and the conciousness with them?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe.

Brain swapping would save many lives, it's a second chance of life, it's another body, but it's still yourself.

It's near impossible :tu:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• Nadal

• Pax Unum

• Waspie_Dwarf

It's near impossible :tu:

I know it's near impossible now, but around 2100 I'm pretty sure it's gonna be possible, technology and medicine are evoluting so fast.

I can find frogfish in almost all topics I visit, now that's what I call a UM maniac.

• 4 weeks later...

After read this topic, I've done some research about brain swapping.

I found this link.

Don't know if this story is real or not, though.

They have done brain transplants in birds, I believe they’ve done it with chickens and quail’s or something, I remember seeing that a while ago, their brains where transplanted in the embryo state, however the animals hatched and lived just fine except with one showing characteristics of the other. so technically yes it is possible to transplant a brain, as long as the brain tissue can be kept alive and nerves reconnected etc it is possible, Id say it will be possible within 100 years. And yes, the consciousness lives in the brain ,, just think of the your soul using the brain as a car ,,,, your soul gets into your brain and drives your body from it.. move the car to another body and you can drive the body from there.,. Why not? Of course there are a million and 1 reasons why this would not be feasible, 1 being rejection of tissues all the millions of nerves that need to be reconnected, physical therapy to get used to using the new host body, psychological effects, I mean waking up one day , looking in the mirror and saying a stranger can drive someone nuts. Possible I say Yes, feasible, I say no.

-Skep

-Skep

Ive heard about this too.

Another thing they have done is merged parts of a rat brain with a computer board too.

I know recently they have transplanted the head of a monkey onto another body. The monkey did live but not for long. So it prooved that it was possible even though this was only a partial success. However the monkey did not control the body this is probably due to the spinal chord not being re-attached. I am sure once they figure out how to regenerate nerve tissues that they may be able to do whole body transplants.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1263758.stm

I would appear that the biggest obstacle for whole head and brain transplants is the ability to properly heal up nerves. Nerve tissues do not transmit signals that well when they have scar tissue.

However this barrier I am sure will soon be broken and within a decade after that we will see thing like brain and maybe even spinal transplants. Your consciousness is governed by your brain which means if you put your brain into a new body you will infact keep your mind also. If this is successfully completed and the brain in question keeps all of it's functionality it will proove men do not have souls. They have already determined what parts of the brain control emotions, decision making and other higher cognitive functions as well.

http://www.accessexcellence.org/WN/SUA09/chicken397.html

Here is the article about the quail/chicken interspecies brain exchange.

Perhaps someday we will see cats chasing their tails and dogs using a litterbox. :lol:

If this is gonna be real in the future, it's gonna be the biggest discovery in medicine ever! A way to cheat death!

That Stephen Hawking guy in the link I've posted wanna do a brain transplant and they they can do one for him. He wanted his brain to be placed in Keanu Reeves' body. This story just can't be real.