Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demons - Real?

dancin'hamster

Do you believe in Demons?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in Demons?

• Yes - they're out there
    • Yes - they are evil spirits
    • Yes - all ghosts are Demons
    • No - absolute flim-flam!

Just a little survey for you all (and sincere apologies if this has been done before)

Demons - do they exist?

Are they a very real risk to us?

Can they possess people?

Can they be summoned and controlled?

or, is it absolute drivel?

Your thoughts please.........

Hammy x x x

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dancin'hamster

• Cufflink

• snuffypuffer

• Engulf

I think that it is possible that they exist but that it's very difficult to come to a conclusion because like many areas of the paranormal there are so many false stories and hoaxes out there.

IMO, it kind of depends on your definition of "demon". Do you mean "demon" in a religious or non-religious context?

Personally I do not believe in demons...at least not the kind described in mythology and many religions.

I do believe that human failings such as greed or hatred can drive certain people to perpetrate acts of evil on others. But this is the result of the human condition and is not brought on by the influence of demonic entities.

In my opinion anywayz... huh.gif

My own personal opinion is that they are Tulpas - thought forms.

Perhaps they are 'created' by negative energies, and people 'create' these monsters, and shape them into their own personal Bogey-men.

Hammy x x x

Yes they're out there...sometimes.

I think they can be invoked, or evoked, by those skilled in magick and that they can bring about certain prescribed effects.

I don't know what they are (except they're not ghosts), thought forms, projections, astral beings, elementals, neutrarians? If one invites temporary possession they could be a specifically constructed state of mind.

I think there may be spirits or entities who are what is termed low spirits, full of malice, fear or mishcief who may be able to influence an environment or place, causing negative feelings for those around it. As for curses I think like prayer it is directed intention that can harness some kind of energy, albeit a negative one, which then brings harm or misfortune to the victim. Using demonic images may just be a way to enhance and concentrate these intentions by the user.

I don't think there are demons in the sense of this guy > devil.gif

But I have heard so many accounts from ghosthunters, psychics, and on a personal level, from one of the church of England's senior exorcists.

There are spirit forms/energy forms that are not ghosts as we know them. We think of ghosts as being dead people, or the psychic residue of dead people. But according to the accounts that I refer to above, these energy forms are not human, nor have they ever been. One of the most common terms I've heard for them are elementals.

These things lurk around, basically, feeding on negative energy, or waiting to latch on to people. One warning I hear quite often about the ouija board, is that these entities pose as deceased relatives or friends in order to be invited across.

Interestingly, despite my opening line, about them not having a traditional appearance, I have two personal accounts that contradict me.

In the last house I lived in (which could have an entire thread to itself), we suffered from an occasional loud knocking on doors in the upstairs rooms. My sister was doing a spot of spring cleaning one day, when she stopped dead in her tracks, and looked up at the door frame of my bedroom door. Just for a second she saw a small, leathery black creature perched there, then it was gone. Was this the thing that had been doing the knocking?

When I was a kid, and we were staying at my maternal grandparent's house, I was very ill with fever. I remember one afternoon being distressed because the room became full of swirling tiny bat like bird-things. My mother took me out of the room, sat me at the backdoor, and with a bit of fresh air, I was fine. For years I quite sensibly assumed it had been the fever making me see things. A couple of years ago, I was told about the time my grandfather had taken ill, some years after my experience, in the same room. Apparently, he had told someone he got a shock when he saw lots of bats in the room.

Cuffy, this 'bat' thing in your grandparents house.......could it not have been that your grampy picked up, or 'tuned in' to the vision that you had when you were ill? If you were both at a different level of conciousness maybe your vivid impression left a kind of residue that stayed in that roon, and in the same state of illness/fever, gramps simply 'played' it back?

Just a thought.

wink2.gif

Hammy x x x

Cuffy, this 'bat' thing in your grandparents house.......could it not have been that your grampy picked up, or 'tuned in' to the vision that you had when you were ill? If you were both at a different level of conciousness maybe your vivid impression left a kind of residue that stayed in that roon, and in the same state of illness/fever, gramps simply 'played' it back?

Just a thought.

wink2.gif

Hammy x x x

Possibly, Hammy, possibly.

Actually, I prefer your theory to the alternative. scared.gif

I don't believe in demons. No explination as of yet, when I am more clued up with demons, then I should be able to give a plausable explination. thumbsup.gif

Cuffy.................sweetheart.............you are SUCH a wimp!!!!!!!!!

grin2.gif

*mental note to self - teach Cuffy to kick-box*

Hammy x x x

Yes i Believe in Demons.. they are evil...

they are invisble....

but they can take on ANY form.....

all the evil in tha world is influnced by demons....

but since they are invisible..

many people dont belvie in them....

i belive in them...

I think that one gets the prize.

laugh.gif

LMAOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hammy x x x

laugh.gif

LMAOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hammy x x x

Gosh, what can I say, you're too kind to me, Hammy. wub.gif

Cuffy and Hammy sitting in a tree.... wub.gif

well i've kind of noticed that too....... tongue.gif

Yes, Demons do really exist! Becoz if not then....How come there are some "Possession's ? "

Just like Angels, they are also sub-divided into many heirachical order. Each with their own purposed.

I don't believe in them I'm afraid...maybe because I'm an athiest. I'm not too sure about the whole 'ghost' thing...but I class demons as a very different area altogether.

It really does depend on what you call a 'demon'...if you're talking demons as in Satan and his minions of the anti-christ, then I just think that's rubbish. As for demons as in 'evil spirits'...

Well...since I don't consider ghosts impossible (I'm leaning towards sceptic, but not all the way there), I wouldn't call 'evil spirits' impossible either. However, it's not a subject I take too seriously I'm afraid.

There are bad things in the world, no doubt, so I votes yes, they are evil spirits. Whether they have horns and pointy tails or not, that's a different story.