Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video Games Thread

Engulf

well just thought of starting this thread specially for gamers to crap about the latest games.since i'm a PS2 geek,i'll start things off with the PS2 goods tongue.gif .

anyone heard of the upcoming Syphon Filter game?it's massive and it's online play too.even the latest of GT4,fooh there's just much to debate.well like i've said before,just crap out the latest games and let's talk about it!! grin2.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Engulf

• Cufflink

• Jasu

• Nintendork

Engulf, I've got some details on Gran Turismo 4, but there might be more up to date stuff out there. If I see anything, I'll post it.

Gran Turismo 4:

* More cars (500 or more!)

* More circuits (100 or more, including real-world circuits)

* An online option (possibly for updates, trades, etc)

This comes from an interview with Kazanori Yamauchi, in OPS2 magazine.

Other details are, STILL no car damage; cars looking as good as before, but landscapes improved; Grand Canyon and New York circuits confirmed, and here's the best news of all:

A possible release date of Christmas 2003.

Get saving that cash! grin2.gif

w00t.gif GT4 this Christmas??whoa help!running out of cash here sad.gif .better save up now.

anyway S Calibur 2's out now,anyone tried it already??

If I see anything, I'll post it.

Thanks original.gif

Darkstar,dunno much about THUG but the simpsons hit and run is one heck of a psycho game.fooh at least a game before the next sequel of GTA grin2.gif

I played Syphon Filter on the original Playstation and thought it was a great game.

What are peoples' opinions on Splinter Cell?

No matter what I did and no matter how quietly I did it, I still set off alarms!

huh.gif

I played Syphon Filter on the original Playstation and thought it was a great game.

i've played that game too and i've to agree with you. thumbsup.gif

No matter what I did and no matter how quietly I did it, I still set off alarms!

laugh.gif like me too!!i get really frustated at times and i just switch games in the end. tongue.gif

huh.gif

I prefer Metal Gear. It's much more playable. I've always thought that Splinter Cell got too much acclaim, simply because of it's graphics.

update,heard that a follow-up to FF VII is comin to the PSP.going crazy here,any news??

update,heard that a follow-up to FF VII is comin to the PSP.going crazy here,any news??

I heard that too, Engulf.

And boy was I happy, until I checked out Sony's site. crying.gif

It's only a movie, apparently, not a game.

Go to the link below, click on UK for languages, and the article's there. I couldn't get a direct link to work.

http://eu.playstation.com/europe/europe_select.jhtml

Sorry for the bad news. sad.gif

...well...not to change the subject but...

Bought Soul Calibur 2 the other night (it only came out over here yesterday)

As a result, I have not slept wacko.gif

...well...not to change the subject but...

Bought Soul Calibur 2 the other night (it only came out over here yesterday)

As a result, I have not slept wacko.gif

oh man,i really can't wait anymore......need to play the game wacko.gif

anyway,anyone around here played Winning Eleven 6?i'm a total nutcase in that game.... devil.gif

I only have a psx1 atm.... though trying hard to get psx2 hinting u know that kind of thing<lol>

I like Metal Gear Solid.... kept me going for hours... but there is another few that are a little off the beaten track... One is Parasite Eve, and another is Koudelka...

great games thumbsup.gif

Edited by Celticwitch

I only have a psx1 atm.... though trying hard to get psx2 hinting u know that kind of thing<lol>

I like Metal Gear Solid.... kept me going for hours... but there is another few that are a little off the beaten track... One is Parasite Eve, and another is Koudelka...

great games thumbsup.gif

oh yeah Parasite Eve is a great game too,real contenders with RE at that time but sadly i never did finish the game sad.gif .

i've played Koudelka and i especially liked thier game musics but i haven't finished that one too.played till somewhere in Disc 2.... sad.gif

...One is Parasite Eve...

I ADORE Parasite Eve 2. grin2.gif

It has Resi's gorgeous backdrops, but with the depth of a role-player. I'm still hopeful that we'll get a PS2 game featuring Aya Brea.

Cufflink do you have a network adapter?i mean can you play online??anyway,i've got questions,hope you might help wink2.gif

say after you've purchased a net. adapt.,do you have to also purchase the internal HDD?i'm really a first-timer here so....

and another one,what are the games/game that you've gotta also subscribe in order to go online and play?

Engulf, I'm no expert on the online stuff, but this is what I know.

You buy an online adapter, and you must have a broadband connection. If you've got both, that's it. I think there's a subscription service, but that's in the UK.

Certain games already have online capabilities, such as Tony Hawk's.

You don't need the HDD, but without it, you won't have the best options for downloading stuff, etc. I'm not clear on all the details, but I do know, you don't need it if you choose not to.

Myself? I can't play online, 'cos I don't have broadband. Oh well. dontgetit.gif

alritee,thank you Cufflink. thumbsup.gif

so i'm just missing out on a network adapter then.....i think we don't have it here in Malaysia,how stupid disgust.gif ,guess i've got to order yet again whistling2.gif

Hmmm...did I hear about PARASITE EVE 1 ???

I really enjoyed that game, and got some cool pics of Aya Brea, if somebody is interessed. I also have some musics, I love the Intro and Police Station Themes!

user posted image

The game I am really looking forward to on the PC is Homeworld 2

Check out some screenies here!

Gonna' have to build a new comp just to play it though. 3d, real-time, space simulation; doesn't get any better.

Kingdom Hearts is a brilliant PS2 game, although since the semester started i havent picked up the control since i last played in august...

RPGs+5 Classes= no play and a lot homework disgust.gif

Kingdom Hearts is a brilliant PS2 game, although since the semester started i havent picked up the control since i last played in august...

RPGs+5 Classes= no play and a lot homework disgust.gif

Heard that the sequel's comin out soon.I haven't played Kingdom Hearts,so I guess I'll just wait for the upcoming one. original.gif

RPG's take up so much time. I loved FFVIII with it's New Romantic imagery (showing your age, here, Cuff).

But the damn thing took up so much time, I gave up on it. sad.gif