Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"The River of Death"

Bella-Angelique

Oh my gosh its amazing that you mentioned Provident Life Insurance, that happens to be where I work! It is now called UnumProvident, and its no longer life insurance unless its part of a large group plan, we now primarily deal with Short Term and Long Term Disabilities, as well as FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act). I live out close to hamilton place mall so drive to and from work can be tedious with the rush hour downtown traffice and the business of Amnicola HWY. As for Tiny Tims concern, my cousin got an autograph from him 2 hours before he died. She was having a drink with him and talking about music before realizing who she was speaking to, she yanked out the napkin that was underneith her cocktail and gave it to tiny tim to sign. He died soon afterwards, about 45min after his last singing performance. I wonder if she has the last autograph that he signed? Did you know his voice is actually quite deep, for certain songs he would take a hit of helium before singing, his most notable song Tiptoe through the tulips was done that way ;)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• Bella-Angelique

• PsyKo JeZus

• Michelle

UnumProvident, and its no longer life insurance unless its part of a large group plan, we now primarily deal with Short Term and Long Term Disabilities, as well as FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act). I wonder if she has the last autograph that he signed? Did you know his voice is actually quite deep, for certain songs he would take a hit of helium before singing, his most notable song Tiptoe through the tulips was done that way ;)

Weird serendipity.... :unsure2:

Provident was disability insurance when I worked there back in the mid 1990's. I worked in the New Business Department. :yes: I loved it there. We moved to SC and then the UK and now we're in AR. :wacko:

Traffic was bad in Chattanooga back then too. I used to go thru St. Elmo to get home to Rossville where we lived at the time. I didn't want to even try to brave that interstate every day at 5!!

That's a cool story about Tiny Tim! If she does still have his autograph you should scan it and show us! :yes:

Weird serendipity.... :unsure2:

I think I saw something like this written into the begining of several horror movies.

Later int he movies they find out that it is not coincidence at all.

MUWAHAH! MUWAHAHA..........umm.

Interesting.

I think I saw something like this written into the begining of several horror movies.

Later int he movies they find out that it is not coincidence at all.

MUWAHAH! MUWAHAHA..........umm.

Interesting.

:unsure2:

Now I'm scared. ^_^

• 11 months later...
Finally a thread that actually made me sign up to this website! Anyways, I am a self taught parapsychologist that lives in the Chattanooga, TN area only about 15 miles away from the historic chickamauga battlefield. I must say that I have been there quite a few times after hours and have never left empty handed. I never go with a crowd, I have gotten much more positive results when traveling with a group of 4 or below. I usually bring 1-2 skeptics that have never been to the battlefield along to help try to debunk anything that occurs during our visit and to also help shed the light of the rich historical background that surrounds the area. I see people often mention the wilder tower and snodgrass hill being the most haunted areas. This looks like its the same snippet of information thats been passed around in books and on the web, while those areas are the more popular locations to get paranormal activity they are not the only. I have gotten results from many of the side roads as well as unmarked locations in the battlefield. Blood Pond and a few unmarked cemetaries. Some of the experiences I have dealt with at the battlefield is strong smells of alcohol or cedar, sounds (voices of people often groups of men and even horses, in one occasion me and another whom was an atheist were spoken to directly by one of the spirits of the battlefield), Very high spikes of EMF accompanied by sounds that some times sound far and often move closer. I would be happy to discuss particular locations or events if anyone would like to inquire about them, I have pretty much traveled the extent of the park after hours (with permission from the park rangers). This is a location of spirits before and after the civil war area and death still continues to surround this park as it is often the location where bodies get dumped due to to its area that consists mostly of forest. I want to point out one thing to anyone interested in going there, just because its a big tower or a big field where the heaviest battle was fought does not necessarily mean those are the most haunted locations. A lot of roads and big fields were not even there during the civil war, most of the battle took place within the wooded areas, with that being said enjoy all parts of the battlefield, not just the ghost but the rich history, they are both equally interesting and even if you dont find 'ole green eyes or any of the other spooks talked about you did not waste your time, as its full of beautiful scenery and landscapes and is always a learning experience. Anyways, I need to get back to work sorry for the long drawn out post, if you have any questions ask away here or PM, but I would like to see this thread more active, and would like to hear form most of you that have been to the battlefield or had any experiences. Look forward to the conversations ahead!