Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whose the Best- Women or Men?

Guest Lottie

Guest Lottie

We have decided to take this to the debates board. :D

Whose the best- Women or Men?

Subtemperate will be for Men.

Lottie will be for Women.

This will be a formal, 1v1 debate. One introduction, five body posts and one conclusion. Showing countering of the opponent, good style, persuasive arguments and information relevant to the topic, and a conclusion. Remember to quote all your sources, no flaming or offensive langauage.

Also please try try to keep to the time limits of the rules which are 7 days per post otherwise points will start to be deducted.

Subby after you.....

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AztecInca

• Subtemperate

Introduction.

Hello there. I, like many of you out there... am male. Now I know what your thinking... Im a brainless thug, who obviously can't do a thing without his mother or his girlfriend. Well...You would be right, but that's not really the point in the debate. The point is that men are better. I shall go through many different details, some beyond your comprehension..especially if you are male... but don't worry, you don't need to know them as you have a world to run. For the ladies out there, I shall be putting forward some very serious and very compassionate statements, just to appeal for votes... And I hope it works, however if you do not follow the same ideals as me, and accept men are better...I will claim we let the ladies win, as we always do, because that way they can think they won...and leave us be.

:D

Edited by Subtemperate

Guest Lottie

Introduction

*Flashes a huge smile, shows a little leg* ( I've won!) LOL!

Okay okay seriously now. I, like many of you out there... am female and I love being a woman. Now I will not be going down the feminist route or try to win you over with witty remarks (like subby). I don’t have to make long introductions pleaing for your attention and trying to seduce your minds. No! Instead I will be telling you as it is - Women are the Best! Most Powerful, intelligent, stronger, emotional and logical beings! And we have a wider range of clothing choices and shoes too! Sisters are doing it for themselves as we always have been and always will do! Think Aretha Franklin, Maggie Thatcher, Condoleeza Rice, WuYi... Oprah Winfrey! Yay Women rule!

Body Post 1.

I think Lottie has won. Sorry, I myself was distracted by her show of leg. If your reading this, please... look no further and go read her's again. If your still reading, this is my point. Men are far more easy to distract... We have shorter attention spans. This is also why my sentences are short. Men, due to this fact, suffer from far less stress... because our minds can only hold one thought at a time.

Sisters are in fact doing it for themselves. I know, I've seen proof. But that is not something I think I should bring into the debate, or all else will be lost for both lottie and myself...well..at least the men will forget the debate.

Now lets just dissect a little bit of something El-lottie had to say...

Women are the Best! Most Powerful, intelligent, stronger, emotional and logical beings!

Powerful.... Ever seen one open a jar? No...because they travel for miles till they see a man to OPEN the jar for them. This is because they are not more powerful.

Intelligent.... Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, Isaac Newton.. all great male names associated with science. Who is the greatest woman name associated with science? Marie Curie.... Who was not only great at her work...but later died of radiation poisoning.

Stronger.... In what fashion? men smell a lot stronger from my experiance, except when women drown themselves in what they want us to believe is perfume... I say look at my explanation of powerful, is much in the same thing.

Emotional.... How does this make them better? How does asking someone what they want for breakfast, and having them cry saying the decision is too hard for them, make it better? Emotional does not even factor in, as emotion has to be used properly. Kleenex knows women cannot control their emotions... this is why all tissue adverts have cute animals. If men where buying them, it would be cute girls in the ad's.

Logical..... If ever I was to win a debate on one fact, it would be that girls/women are illogical. Ever seen a womans handbag? They have more stuff in there then I have in my entire flat. For what purpose? in case there is a bomb that wipes out all life... amd they happen to be the only thing left alive.... If so, then why in the world would they need makeup? Cockroaches aren't picky...

Men are better, we have better quality lives because we don't have to worry about what color our hair is, what color our shoes are...whether we are dressed.... ok thats not right... but the general jist is that men have a lot less stress due to the way they run their life. If you have lower stress, you have a better quality of life. This is what makes us better.....

*flashes some leg*

Damn it, it just doesn't work both ways....

*edited for spelling errors*

Edited by Subtemperate

Guest Lottie

Post One

I think Lottie has won. Sorry, I myself was distracted by her show of leg.

Well I believe that firmly establishes that we are the more powerful sex. :P All it takes is a huge smile, a little show of leg ( as proved above) or a show of cleavage and men are like putty in our hands.

You see men are simple creatures and I mean 'simple'. You are right Subby your attention spans are short and you can only focus on one thing at a time.

Powerful.... Ever seen one open a jar?

LOL! But why on earth would we want to open a jar anyway when we know there is a man around willing to do this for us. Men as I have said are eager and willing to please us women and we are very very good and incredibly smart at enticing them to. Aha! Another two extra points to add to the list SMART and INCREDIBLE!

Imagine if you will the following scenarios:

1) a gorgeous woman walking down the road as you drive along in your car...BAM! You crash!

2) A woman walks past you in the street as you are sipping your morning coffee. She gives you a wink and a smile and says hey sexy...and you find your coffee all down the front of your newly pressed shirt.

Sisters are in fact doing it for themselves. I know, I've seen proof.

I will not even reply to this as we all are quite aware of the innuendo here....

Intelligent, stronger, emotional and logical

Think of Marilyn vos Savant who scored with the highest IQ.

Ivy Williams, first female barrister in the UK.

Indira Gandhi who was Prime Minister of India,

Dorothy Hodgkin a chemist and the only British woman to win a Nobel Prize.

Dame Iris Murdoch, philosopher and author.

Maria Gaetana Agnesi a prominent mathematician.

There are hundreds more!

These women may not be well known in the mainstream but academically they are all incredibly intelligent woman.

Not only that but they were/ are wives, mothers, carers and nurturers too before we even begin with careers, earning capabilities.

The difference as you pointed out Subby is that men can only think of one thing at a time. A womans brain is far more comprehensive...we can multi-task too. As the above demonstrates.

And that is that for my first post because I have a headache. :P

Edited by Lottie

Subby, please post your reply as soon as possible. Point deductions will begin within 24 hours if you do not post or let us know you are unable to do so. As a fellow male I really do not wish to do this Subby!

Post 2

Think of Marilyn vos Savant who scored with the highest IQ.

Ivy Williams, first female barrister in the UK.

Indira Gandhi who was Prime Minister of India,

Dorothy Hodgkin a chemist and the only British woman to win a Nobel Prize.

Dame Iris Murdoch, philosopher and author.

Maria Gaetana Agnesi a prominent mathematician.

There are hundreds more!

These women may not be well known in the mainstream but academically they are all incredibly intelligent woman.

So out of the entire history of humans you managed to role about 6 out. By definition, to those who could be mentioned from the male perspective, these could be considered the exceptions to the rule.... though... perhaps they just had high levels of testosterone (eg, margaret thatcher)

I find it odd, in a society where women are complaining about being treated equally, that someone would claim they are much better in all the areas you state. Surely if they were, men would not be able to keep such a hold over them, and they would run rings around us.

The difference as you pointed out Subby is that men can only think of one thing at a time. A womans brain is far more comprehensive...we can multi-task too. As the above demonstrates.

Yes, but theis does not make one better. This makes one more capable. Capability is an aspect that can't be quantified as a "better". For example a 25 year old is more capable then a 3 weeks old, but you wouldn't class them as better would you.

I state again, men have run this world for hundreds of years. Women know this, they complain and nag us constantly about getting a better deal... If they are more capable, more intelligent and more .. of all those things you said, as I am male and have forgotten.... then surely the fact men have held onto the power in most areas would men men are in fact better, as they get more for less... whereas women give more, and get less....

Men forfill their capabilities, women don't... unless it involves tea and chocolate. In every aspect in life (save motherhood) you will find a man there. Considering the fact we are as dumb as doorknobs, surely this in itself says something for our kind. As the person who gets 100% out of themsleves, is surely better then that who may do better things, but only gets 60% out of themselves.....

Not only that but they were/ are wives, mothers, carers and nurturers too before we even begin with careers, earning capabilities.

And this means what? Surely with all that experiance that would make them better.... and if they did the job that another man was doing, and only did it to the same standard... would you class them as a failure?

Men are better, because we rise to the occassion... we put on better shows..... our tennis is not boring..... well...not as boring. but we as a whole do things better, because we always give 100%. The only time a woman gives at all, is when we admit we are wrong.....

• 3 weeks later...

Lottie your extension has well and trully been exhausted and yet after pm's from both myself and tiddlyen you have not let us know why you have not posted even though you have been online.

If you do not either post or pm one of us within the next 48 hours suitable action will have to taken against you.

Edited by AztecInca

Lottie you have had 25 days to post, you have continually promised either myself or jen that you will, but obviously you have not done so. I will not diaqualify you as this debate is really just for a laugh biu I am going to close it for now.