Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Markings on Hands and Feet

ldavis

I experienced something really strange. I returned home from a vacaition and went to bed. When i woke up in the morn, I noticed this strange henna coloring on the instep of my left foot. I tried washing it off in the shower and was able to remove most of it. When i touched it, some of it rubbed off easily in my hand -- but there was none on my bed linen. Anyway, I could find no trace of it in my apartment at all. I thought this odd - but didn't dwell on it. The next morning when i awoke I immediately jumped out of bed to examine my feet - and saw nothing. As i was walking out of my bedroom, I noticed the same substance now appeared on my right hand as well. Again, no sign of it inside my apartment (my sheets are all white and pink so it definitly would have appeared on then were it an organic substance). Any thoughts?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psychokinesis

• FrankBlunt

• scipherel

• Taka

WOW now that's really strange....

Have you thought if it has to do anything with the devil mark? :blink:

Man I don't know...it's weird....i have only heard about that in games or movies but not in real life...

I experienced something really strange. I returned home from a vacaition and went to bed. When i woke up in the morn, I noticed this strange henna coloring on the instep of my left foot. I tried washing it off in the shower and was able to remove most of it. When i touched it, some of it rubbed off easily in my hand -- but there was none on my bed linen. Anyway, I could find no trace of it in my apartment at all. I thought this odd - but didn't dwell on it. The next morning when i awoke I immediately jumped out of bed to examine my feet - and saw nothing. As i was walking out of my bedroom, I noticed the same substance now appeared on my right hand as well. Again, no sign of it inside my apartment (my sheets are all white and pink so it definitly would have appeared on then were it an organic substance). Any thoughts?

wow really strange! :huh: I have no idea what that could be....but your title reminded me of those people who claim to get the crucifying cuts and markings that jesus had.. I forgot what that's called..but they claim that it happened to them..Anyone know what I'm talking about? anyway..I wish I could help but I have no clue as to what it could be.

I don't think this is going to get 'solved', as none of us were there with you. We can only speculate and give our options as to what happened.

:\

I have no idea as to what happened to you; and to be honest, I can't recall ever hearing a story that resembles this...

Good luck though...

but your title reminded me of those people who claim to get the crucifying cuts and markings that jesus had.. I forgot what that's called

Stigmata.

If your story was accompanied by some supernatural or weird events then

i would say...it's strange. But i think...

you don't need to figure out what was it.

Yeah, it sounds like a Stigmata. Can you post some pics? I'd love to see this!

[/quote:

That is really weird...i really don't know what to tell yea maybe u should look into it more..i don't know. has it happend anymore anywhere else but those 2 times?? or is that it? some ppl think that they may be the same marks jesus had on him but really i don't know yea he did on his hands and feet but who knows. Had anything like that happened b4?? were u anywhere like unusual on vacation or something??.......Ally

Stigmata is more of a severe wound than just a sticky like substance, although I can asure you, it sounds very relevant to stigmata, however, people that receive stigmata experience great pain as well, as if nails had been driven through hand and foot, nevertheless, stigmata is a symbolism of Jesus Christ's death, it would extra-ordinarily signifigant being that tommorow is Easter and the day in which Jesus resurrected from the dead.

Psalm 22 might have a word to the wise for the unbelievers. ;)

I don't know, doesn't sound like it...correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't stigmata bleeding cuts that appear on your body?

check your bed and bedside tables for anything that could be rubbing off onto your skin. also make sure you're not using a pen that could be leaking or something of that sort.

Well, he said there was no substance found in the apartment that could be rubbing off on his skin...I wouldn't discredit the possibility of stigmata..

Edited by Psychokinesis

well, many kinds of clothes will "bleed" before being washed a few times. do you have any clothes of a similar color that you've been wearing? socks? shoes? just trying to eliminate possibilities before assuming something supernatural.

I don't know, doesn't sound like it...correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't stigmata bleeding cuts that appear on your body?

No, not exactly, stigmata is where a person is affilcted with major wounds in both the hands and feet, the afflictions, are that of what Jesus Christ had suffered, therefore the wounds are not cuts, they are piercings, open gashes and torn wounds.

Yes, that's right...if stigmata, this person for sure is suffering.

She said she came from a vacation (probly she got it there)

Then she rubbed it, the thing transfered to her hand.

That's not stigmata.

Thats weird.... have u tried asking a doctor? they might give u some valid explainations?

:P:P

No, not exactly, stigmata is where a person is affilcted with major wounds in both the hands and feet, the afflictions, are that of what Jesus Christ had suffered, therefore the wounds are not cuts, they are piercings, open gashes and torn wounds.

:P i think it is very strange and i do belive is could be some sort of stigmata or a marking from some place you went while on vacation jesus could very possible be showing you some kin :P d of sign that shows his powers ......

Well, he said there was no substance found in the apartment that could be rubbing off on his skin...I wouldn't discredit the possibility of stigmata..

PK,

He? Did you notice that Idavis didn't include a gender on the profile. The writing style struck me as feminine. The use of the terms henna and bed linen were indicative, then I noticed...

my sheets are all white and pink

Alright, my bad...but that's somewhat irrelevant, don't you think?

I'd ask those who believe it's stigmata about relevancy. Granted, my Ghostbusters angle isn't very plausible either.

Just getting off topic, I guess..

Hi, PK,

Most would rule out stigmata on the basis of female gender. But that's not my position. I don't have a position on stigmata.

Possibly the after effect of a bug bite?

Depends on where you went on vacation.

Not sure, but hey.

Oh, and for any of you who are confused about stigmata: Click here!

Edited by Taka