Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Caught: Toad with a tail

Sharm

Sorry if this is in wrong section.

Caught: Toad with a tail

TANGKAK: A toad with a long tail has drawn curious onlookers to the home of a woman in Kampung Bekoh, near here.

Chiew Ah Chan said she was cleaning the house at about 8.30am yesterday when she saw the unusual toad trying to hop out from a drain.

user posted image

She quickly told an Indonesian worker nearby to catch it.

The man grabbed the toad but accidentally injured its rear end.

He then tried to pass it to Chiew and some of her family members but they felt queasy about holding the toad.

However, one of her uncles, Tey Kim Chin, came along and took the toad, which has a tail about 40cm long.

Tey said it was the first time they had seen such a toad, which quickly caught the attention of neighbours and passers-by.

The family will release the toad into the jungle in the next few days.

Source

3 days later..

There’s money behind the tail

By HAMDAN RAJA ABDULLAH

TANGKAK: Residents of Kampung Bekoh near here believe that the toad with a 40cm tail which was found in the village has brought them luck.

user posted image

For Tey Kim Chin, this toad with a long tail caught near his neice's house in Kampung Bekoh near Tangkak in Johor, has brought fame to the village and fortune to its villagers.

Several of them who “got a number from the toad” for numbers betting on Monday won consolation prices totalling RM40,000 the following day.

A villager Seah Boon Thong said although the number 3071 only won them consolation prizes, the toad had brought them luck. He however did not say how many villagers had won.

The villagers went to Chiew Ah Chan's house where the toad was found on April 11 and “got” the number by placing numbers in a box and shaking it near the toad until four numbers fell out.

They then placed bets on that number.

However, the villagers' winning streak may have ended because Chiew has released the toad into the jungle after it attracted many visitors.

She said her family was very religious and did not want it tortured.

She added that many had asked for the location where the toad was released but her family had refused to reveal the spot.

Source

Edited by Sharm

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• Ravinar

• Bigfoot_Is_Real

• Kryso

those are some good people :yes::innocent: its a good thing they let it go it would have ben tortured for sure :(

Good for them :tu:

OMG. Is that really a tail? You choke the guy who's holding the frog with it :P

Edited by exe11er

Very cool, I wish I had a 40cm tail.....actually, I take that back, I don't want a tail.

tails make you balanced so i want a tail

Thank goodness they set it free... what wonderful people. That's one long tail, though, I clicked on this link expecting a toad with a stub that was lengthened a little bit, but 40 cm? Wow.

exe11er, I like your avatar, it's very distracting. :D

Humans don't need tails to be balanced.

no. but it would still be cool to have one :yes: