Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI Caught On Tape Bombing WTC

sidel

and this was in 1993

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emad_Salem

http://nwo.media.xs2.net/tape/SalemWBAI.mp3

Emad A. Salem is an ex-Egyptian army officer turned FBI informant, who was a key witness in the trial of Ramzi Yousef, Abdul Hakim Murad, and Wali Khan Amin Shah, convicted in the World Trade Center Bombing of February 26, 1993. Salem was to help Yousef and the other plotters build a bomb and supply them with fake explosive powder, as part of a FBI sting operation. Salem testified that the FBI knew about the attack beforehand and told him they would thwart it by substituting the harmless powder for the explosives. However, an FBI supervisor called off this plan, and the bombing was not stopped. Once Salem realized that the FBI was providing real explosives to terrorists he began taping his telephone conversations with FBI agents. Those tapes were admitted in the trial and are now part of the public record.

The below is a transcript from part of one of the recordings Emad A. Salem made of a telephone conversation he had with one of his FBI handlers, FBI Special Agent John Anticev (MP3: [1][2]):

FBI Special Agent John Anticev: But, uh, basically nothing has changed. I'm just telling you for my own sake that nothing, that this isn't a salary, that it's—you know. But you got paid regularly for good information. I mean the expenses were a little bit out of the ordinary and it was really questioned. Don't tell Nancy I told you this. [Nancy Floyd is another FBI Special Agent who worked with Emad A. Salem in his informant capacity.]

FBI undercover agent Emad A. Salem: Well, I have to tell her of course.

Anticev: Well then, if you have to, you have to.

Salem: Yeah, I mean because the lady was being honest and I was being honest and everything was submitted with a receipt and now it's questionable.

Anticev: It's not questionable, it's like a little out of the ordinary.

Salem: Okay. Alright. I don't think it was. If that's what you think guys, fine, but I don't think that because we was start already building the bomb which is went off in the World Trade Center. It was built by supervising supervision from the Bureau and the D.A. and we was all informed about it and we know that the bomb start to be built. By who? By your confidential informant. What a wonderful, great case!

Anticev: Well.

Salem: And then he put his head in the sand and said "Oh, no, no, that's not true, he is son of a b****." [Deep breath.] Okay. It's built with a different way in another place and that's it.

Anticev: No, don't make any rash decisions. I'm just trying to be as honest with you as I can.

Salem: Of course, I appreciate that.

Anticev: And as far as the payments go, and everything like that, they're there. I guarantee you that they are there.

Salem also mentions in his testimony Operation Bojinka, a plot by the "Blind Sheikh" Omar Abdul-Rahman and his nephew, Ramzi Yousef, to, among other things, fly about 12 hijacked airplanes into prominent US buildings. They were subsequently convicted of "seditious conspiracy" in connection with the Bojinka Plot.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidel

• Travelling Man

Top Posters In This Topic

btw, they mention in there a John Crouthamel. this was john crouthamel

John W. Crouthamel retired from the FBI in October 2002 after a thirty year career. He holds a BS degree in Biology from Wittenberg University, Ohio and an MS degree in Management Information Systems. He is a trained Bomb Technician and FBI Police Instructor. He has received many awards and commendations, including induction into the New York City Police Department Honor Legion. He coordinated the construction and implementation of the FBI’s computer systems infrastructure in Newark, New Jersey and, while assigned as a Squad Supervisor in New York, was one of three supervisors in charge of the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center investigation. He supervised an undercover surveillance unit, then took on responsibilities for applicant/recruitment and Human Resources efforts of the New York Office. His last assignment was as Acting Assistant-Agent-in-Charge of the FBI’s Administrative Division in New York, supervising some 500 agents and support personnel and managing a $20 Million budget.

funny, bomb technician? lawl

I will start with your last post.

After a thirty year career, MOST FBI agents have had weapons training - and many have had explosives training (even if rudimentary). Does this mean that a thirty year veteran is a "Marksman"?? Or a Bomb Tech?? Some 20 years ago, I was trained by the army to shoot an M-16... does that make me an Army trained marksman TODAY?? That is what you are doing with Agent Crouthamel. You might as well call him a "Breast Feeder" because some sixty years ago he nursed from his mother's bosom.

Also, please try not to use Wiki as a source for support - anybody can post there and say what they want. They have been proven to be not only wrong but highly misleading and used as a "propaganda" tool by politicos, so their credibility is for crap.

The tape has no attribution, no source as to who the narrator is, and there is no way to know who the voices really are. I highly doubt it is authentic.

I will start with your last post.

After a thirty year career, MOST FBI agents have had weapons training - and many have had explosives training (even if rudimentary). Does this mean that a thirty year veteran is a "Marksman"?? Or a Bomb Tech?? Some 20 years ago, I was trained by the army to shoot an M-16... does that make me an Army trained marksman TODAY?? That is what you are doing with Agent Crouthamel. You might as well call him a "Breast Feeder" because some sixty years ago he nursed from his mother's bosom.

Also, please try not to use Wiki as a source for support - anybody can post there and say what they want. They have been proven to be not only wrong but highly misleading and used as a "propaganda" tool by politicos, so their credibility is for crap.

The tape has no attribution, no source as to who the narrator is, and there is no way to know who the voices really are. I highly doubt it is authentic.

you are stupid. thats all I have to say, they played the tapes live on CNN in 1993, i heard them.

call the FBI and ask them, or ask public records for a recording. they will give it to you.