Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP - what do you think this says?

deebers

Click here to hear the clip

We were doing an investigation in Glasgow's Necropolis graveyard. After a whole flurry of activity, one of our members was terrified after hearing echoes of a dog barking from inside a vandalised tomb. I stuck my camcorder through the grille and this recording was made.

What do you hear? I'm meaning the whisper at the beginning…

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mors Profundis

• deebers

• Idriss

• Taka

I listened to it several times and even asked a family member to listen with me.

It sounds like the voice is saying either 'I love you' or 'I love it'

it sounds like " i have something to show you.."

thats wierd stuff. any video footage?

:tu:

I must be hearing impared. I have to listen to it again.

EDIT - yeah, she is saying 'i have something'

Edited by BellaMorte

That is waaaaay creepy!

It sounds like she is saying, "I have something to show you".

Creepy......

Yea as they all said it is "i have something to show you" but could you cut it so it stops when the person says you deffinatly heard the dog bark. THat keeps covering something else up

did someone hear it when it happened? i can hear a SHH sound as it gets cut off.

this is quite a good evp compared to others

I can hear 'I have something', but as far as 'to show you' goes, I can't hear it. :no: Ah, oh well... I'll keep listening. o_o

this is quite a good evp compared to others

Yes, I agree, but you can find some pretty nice ones from TAPS on their website too...

Click here to hear the clip

We were doing an investigation in Glasgow's Necropolis graveyard. After a whole flurry of activity, one of our members was terrified after hearing echoes of a dog barking from inside a vandalised tomb. I stuck my camcorder through the grille and this recording was made.

What do you hear? I'm meaning the whisper at the beginning…

I'm sorry but I have heard it several times and it sounds to me like a female with a scots accent saying "He's definitely heard the dog bar(k)" followed by "Pst!" LONECAT

What I find weird is that different people hear such DIFFERENT sounds! :wacko:

Edited by Lonecat

Thanks folks for your input. Yes it is strange how everyone hears something different.

user posted image

The female Scots voice is mine. I said, "You definitely heard a dog bark?" and the guy I was talking to started saying, "Swear to God… I heard it so clearly!".

(Note me in my lovely wellies - this was taken at the same time)

We didn't hear the EVP at the time - or at least I didn't as I was holding the camcorder through the grille. In fact it was deadly silent as it was about 3am in the morning.

I'll ask our team leader to include the film footage too, but as I said, the camera was in a dark tomb, so I don't think there is much to see.

Glasgow's Necropolis was used by a lot of homeless hobos in its time - hence the reason so many of the crypts were vandalised - because they provided shelter. A lot of them died of the cold there. Thankfully they're going to invest a lot of money to repair them now!

Strangely enough - straight after that, as a couple of our sensitives walked on to the next tomb, they both simultaneously started retching and heaving and had to leave the area. It was very dramatic. I invited the other half of the group to the same location after this, and right enough, our clairvoyant member experienced exactly the same phenomenon. She said there was a man staring out at us, and the only way she could describe what she saw, was a man with "half a face". She said it was disgusting and could smell a really pungent odour which made her feel sick. Unfortunately - because this was likely to be the spirit of a homeless man, it is hard to find any records to get a back-up story!

Edited by deebers

I agree with everyone else --

"I have something..." :yes:

That's what I make-out as well.

To me, it sounds like a woman saying, "I have something."

That's what I hear also, it's one of the clearest EVP's I've heard

It definetly sound like a voice saying "I have something" and if you listen really close you can hear "to shhh" and then the voice cuts it off. Theres definatly SOMETHING after the part that says "I have something", sound like a "shh" as I mentioned earlier.

Cool EVP though. :tu:

Edited by _CoNspIracY_

As the resident wet blanket, all I can hear is the hiss.

An old boneyard at night, everybody primed for spookiness, who knows what you heard, or where it came from.

Now you tell me the place was infested with winos?

Perhaps some equipment that could be left for a while, with no one around would provide evidence one way or another.

If you can keep the skulking bums from stealing it, that is.

If somebody has better audio gear(and good hearing)they might manage to catch something more.

But if these are the voices of the dead, that means after you die, you end up in a grotty old tomb forever.

Bummer.

Remember the words of David Gerrold; "Life is hard, then you die. You end up in a hole in the ground, and the worms eat you.

"Be glad it happens in that order!"

I hear "That's a b*tch" - Has this evp been amplified any?

Nope - we tried amplifying it so make out the sound better, but I think the original is clear enough.

Anyway, we weren't looking for and EVP at the time - just discovered it later when reviewing the footage. I'm the sceptic in the team, and it was me who caught the sound, and it is my voice asking about the dog barking… so I really cannot explain what it is. It really does sound like a human whisper.

Thanks for all your feedback - it's very interesting to hear how you guys interprete it.

yeah unfortunately your voice takes out the end of the sentence doesn't it which must be majorly annoying! I think the clip is great and its just a shame you never found out what/who said it

Or, it could be a rudely awakened stumblebum, hissing "son of a b***h", they get cranky when you disturb their beauty sleep.

Or a host of other things.

A good sound lab could probably tell you more, working from the original recording.

I have an open mind on this, but jeez, if the afterlife is all beauracrats, rules and boundries, the people who don't believe in Hell have a shock coming.

Or not, Raudive claimed to have contacted Hitler, and if that putz didn't go to Hell, there's no justice at all!

What I heard was his daffle has a dog pot. What am I doing wrong?

There is definitely a female's whisper there before the ladies voice starts to speak. It sound's like she say's I HAVE SOMTHINGS, but the more i listen it sounds like I HAVE SOMEBODY"S DISHES or I HAVE SOME BOSSOM"S (LOL) i know its funny but that's what i hear!! LOL :tu: