Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Electric Shocker

dancin'hamster

Whatever the current state of Lecky Man's toolkit its sure to give you a charge. whistling2.gif Waits for the sparks to fly.

S.F.L.J.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent_21

• dancin'hamster

• Cufflink

• yasmin

The Electrizers.

John Spear, an American medium claimed in 1854 that a group of spirits named The Electrizers had told him they were preparing to communicate the principle of life for mankind.

They intended to communicate this important information to a machine made of copper and zinc which was to be worked by spiritual energy and would revolutionize human life. Friends of the medium constructed a mechanism consisting of these two metals, but strangely it did not come to life. The machine was destroyed by an angry mob which stormed the building in which it was housed.

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of the connection between electricity and ghosts my friend had a weird experience the day after someone he knew well died. He was in the bathroom when he felt something brush past him, he turned around and saw a vague, shadowy 'shape' standing there for a second before it stepped forward and through him. He said it felt like a mild electric current ran the lenght of his body and the words 'look after them' popped into his mind (the person that died had had a lot of personal problems that had affected his family).

I just wanted to draw attention to this again. It seemed to get lost amid the rest of the thread. It seems the person concerned experienced something like an electrical charge in this encounter, but also briefly accessed an emotion or thought connected with the spectre.

When the occasional report of physical contact with ghost is made often words like clammy, cold, chill, cobwebs crop up. Sometimes a feeling is reported: sadness, depression, fear. More food for thought.

Agent ~ all the witnesses in the place I just investigated report a feeling of 'static' or 'an electric' feel in the air before the ghosts make themselves known........could they be produced by the build-up of electricity in the air? AND, back to my pet theory of ghosts and water, a stream runs under the hotel...........

But then the electrical build up doesn't explain how the ghosts inter-act with the witnesses.............smirking, smiling, glaring, pushing, sighing, breathing down necks etc.........ssshhhheeeeessshhhhhh.....too early for me to think straight

blink.gif

Hammy x x x

[quote name=dancin'hamster' date='Oct 29 2003, 05:20 AM]But then the electrical build up doesn't explain how the ghosts inter-act with the witnesses.............smirking, smiling, glaring, pushing, sighing, breathing down necks etc

I'm still inclined to think that there are different types of what are called ghosts and that they perhaps operate in different ways.

The haunter repeating the same journey or the same actions as though on a tape loop. The apparition which interacts with or appears to be aware of bystanders, or act with a certain degree of volition. These two seem different enough to raise that issue.

the place I just investigated report a feeling of 'static' or 'an electric' feel in the air before the ghosts make themselves known........could they be produced by the build-up of electricity in the air? AND, back to my pet theory of ghosts and water, a stream runs under the hotel...........[/I]

What makes conditions right for both could be the same or similar - energy. Room gets colder, ghost walks = ghost used heat to manifest? Build up of static electricity thanks to stream - ghost appearance enabled by this?

Or is it the presence of a suitably attuned person?

I've noticed a lot of buildings housing radio studios are haunted. Lot of electrical equipment.

Edited by Agent_21

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, like peachykeen said about the connection between electricity and spirits: My friend is studying science and theres a theory that because we're a form of energy, when we die that energy never runs out - and with electrical things that have energy like lights, t.vs, some toys etc, some people think that while a persons spirit <or energy> is hovering around it can acutally let itself be known through electrical things...and i know there's alot of stories about lights and t.v's turning on and off when there's a spirit present - so i think that's probably right. A few days after my grandfather died my mum and aunty were talking about him, and out of nowhere this little musical toy that was nearby just started playing by itself. Noone had touched it, it had never started playing by itself before and never did after that time. wacko.gif whoo freaky...

grin2.gif teehee.

Great story, btw!

~yAsMiN~

yasmin you beat me to it...i was gonna write somthing like that...darn