Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do Cats and Dogs See Ghosts?

IndigoChild

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• Meiliken

• primordial

• Amarali2012

Animals are much more sensitive to these types of things than we are...

There are a couple of experiences with various pets of mine that make me believe they can sense and see spirits. One of them is with my dog, a year and a half year old golden retriever. I have been in the house that we live in now, for about three years. Sometimes, my dog will bark at the front foyer area of the house. Most of the times at the front door. There is no one around outside or inside to warrant his barking. It sometimes comes to growling too. It doesn't happen too often, but there are times when I wonder what he is barking at. There was one time, where it was just me in the livingroom, watching tv, when I heard, or what I thought I heard footsteps at the foyer. I could be hearing things, but then my dog poked his head up, staring at the foyer, and growled and barked at it. Makes me wonder.

When I lived in the military house in New Jersey, I had a particular tabby, that on two times she would hiss at something and backup quickly. I witnessed it twice, once with my husband. A skeptic in things like this, and witnessed that cat doing that. By the way, I really believe that military house was haunted.

Though, having to watch, and own cats, being a cat lover, there are some cat behaviors that may seem unusual when actually they are doing something understandable. A couple of my cats now, and one that lived with us in Jersey, would look up at a wall and at first I couldn't see anything. Then at closer inspection I realize it's a bug, and that the cat is eyeing ready to get it. They tend to get a different meow, like a stacato soft mew. So, sometimes, really look to see what your pet is staring at.

What I am saying, that I don't doubt they might be able to see spirits, I think some of my pets have seen them. I also think what they do see, is smaller things that you can eventually see to.

I think animals can't see ghost or spirits.

Probably they could smelled it or sensed.

Cats think they are Gods....

Considering the advanced senses of animals (ex: a cat's sense of smell is 9 times better than our own) it is possible I think they can sense things we can't.

personally in my culture and religious beliefs, it is thought that all animals bar a few do see other things which we cannot see. I dont believe in ghosts as such but i do believe in other phenomena, but ghosts are not real.

I have seen cats get frightened and even dogs, they whimper and try and run away. When this happened, i never saw the thing that scared them, but did feel a presence and a smell of sulphur or something.

I understand the biological differences between animals and humans, but i believe animal do catch sight of things from alternate dimensions etc.

not just dogs and cats, i have seen cows and other animal act weirdly too, i live in a quite rural area and walk through many fields etc. Sometimes you see cows or bulls acting irractically, as though something is messing with them and you can normally see the fear in their eyes and they try and flee.

Just thought i would add my experience too

Cats know when we are going to die :huh: ...dogs can walk for thousands of miles to find their owners....the existance of pet PSI is no longer in question really...... what about dog/cat mediumship?....B

Coming to ABC family:

The Psychic Schnauzer

linked-image

Next Fall!

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Yes, I believe dogs and cats do see ghosts and any number of other ultradimensional entities not able to be seen in our dimension.

linked-image

it was weird last night i was sitting on my computer watching my 2 baby cats play

I believe animals can sense things we can't. Paranormal? I don't know.

Baby cats are called kittens. :tu:

While it may not be paranormal, I do believe some animals/insects/etc can sense or see things we cannot.

The first example that pops into my head on the subject is some animals can sense massive weather changes before they happen. My own personal theory is these animals have a totally different sense from our own known senses, or perhaps just an enhanced version such as some snakes being able to see/detect infrared light.

We could never comprehend what some animals *might* have in the aspects of senses. Imagine someone being born without eyes due to a birth defect. That person could never experience or comprehend vision because they lack the sense that allows them to see. If your reading this then in your cases even after you close your eyes or block your vision, the sense is still there and is telling/showing you blackness due to lack of light. Imagine taking that away, completely voiding yourself from that form of input and you can compare that concept to what different senses some animals may have that we could never comprehend.

There may be hundreds, if not infinite amounts of frequencies, light waves, matter, planes, etc that we will never be able to comprehend due to our lacking of sense that can detect or decipher them. Who knows, maybe we live within a spiritual plane of ghosts and past relatives and are simply unable to sense or comprehend it.

Although science and technology have slowly revealed things to us that we could never discover or detect ourselves such as infrared light, certain sound frequencies, etc. Maybe its possible that at some point in time technology will be able to actually prove ghost exist in their definitive term, or that they're simply an previously undiscovered energy source that can directly affect things in weird and odd ways.

The first example that pops into my head on the subject is some animals can sense massive weather changes before they happen. My own personal theory is these animals have a totally different sense from our own known senses, or perhaps just an enhanced version such as some snakes being able to see/detect infrared light.

I do feel that animals are sensitive to frequency vibrations. They're like psychic sensitives but only in the animal world. Have you ever noticed an animal such as a dog or cat that goes and jumps in someone's lap while they never go up to another person. They can sense that positive and negative energy.

There may be hundreds, if not infinite amounts of frequencies, light waves, matter, planes, etc that we will never be able to comprehend due to our lacking of sense that can detect or decipher them. Who knows, maybe we live within a spiritual plane of ghosts and past relatives and are simply unable to sense or comprehend it.

Yes, I think that's the case.

Although science and technology have slowly revealed things to us that we could never discover or detect ourselves such as infrared light, certain sound frequencies, etc. Maybe its possible that at some point in time technology will be able to actually prove ghost exist in their definitive term, or that they're simply an previously undiscovered energy source that can directly affect things in weird and odd ways.

yeah, maybe some day we'll be able to tap into those areas of the Superspectrum previously unexplored.

linked-image

And coming this fall to UPN:

The Clair Voiyant Cat

linked-image

Mr Halfhand

Edited by Barek Halfhand

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to put a couple questions out there.

Incident #: A couple of nights ago my one year old schnauzer awoke at about 2am, hopped out of bed, gazed up at an empty space on my bedroom wall. This is a wall with no windows. There are decor objects on the wall. However, Oz was staring at a large empty spot. He then began to growl, bark, and back up. He never took his eyes of this spot. I got out of bed, sat on the floor and comforted him. It was difficult to get his attention. When I stopped petting him he went right back to looking at the spot about midway up the wall, and barking and growling. My 10 year old schnauzer didn't lift his head. Neither of my dogs have ever done this before.

I wondered at the time if he saw a ghost.

Incident #2: Then tonight (two days later) about 8pm I was working on my laptop. I noticed all evening my young dog, Oz, seemed restless. He normally rests comfortably in his soft basket at my side. But he would not stay there. Instead, he went in the hallway where the stairs and other rooms meet, and just looked down the hall, and was very watchful to the stairs and other rooms. He lay down for a little while, but then got up and looked uneasy. It finally really got my attention from the computer and I started to watch him to see what was bothering him. He then jumped up from the floor and backed up a little, and I SAW, on the wood floor in front of him, a bright white light or glow appear. It was diffused looking or muted at the edges, and was the size of a small tea saucer, with another smaller roundish light with it, overlapping. It was brighter than the light that would come from my flashlights, and intense, but not as intense as a laser style light. He was there for a moment, then moved around just a little in the same space, kinda of wiggling, then was gone. I said to my dog, "I saw it too, Oz.", and my dog seemed to calm down.

I did not, however, calm down. So I grabbed Oz, and my resting older dog who again didn't seem to be alarmed, and left the house. Before I left, I tryed to consider how a light could shine on my hall floor from outside. Couldn't think of a way.

After I gathered a friend, we came back to investigate. We tried to make a light shine on the spot from every possible angle from outside. We could not get a light to shine there.

So, any ideas?

AND, do you think the two incidences are connected?

End note: I do not believe the wall incident was related to rodents, or other animal noises in the wall. Firstly, I listened closely and did now hear anything. ( I have freakishly good, if not supernatural hearing. Everyone says so.) And secondly, my dogs have heard rodents in walls in the past , and I could not get them to show any interest whatsoever. However, the rodents were never in my bedroom walls. Also, the rodents here never carry bright lights, to our knowledge. Anyway, any ideas other than rodents? Thanks for your help.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to put a couple questions out there.

Incident #: A couple of nights ago my one year old schnauzer awoke at about 2am, hopped out of bed, gazed up at an empty space on my bedroom wall. This is a wall with no windows. There are decor objects on the wall. However, Oz was staring at a large empty spot. He then began to growl, bark, and back up. He never took his eyes of this spot. I got out of bed, sat on the floor and comforted him. It was difficult to get his attention. When I stopped petting him he went right back to looking at the spot about midway up the wall, and barking and growling. My 10 year old schnauzer didn't lift his head. Neither of my dogs have ever done this before.

I wondered at the time if he saw a ghost.

Incident #2: Then tonight (two days later) about 8pm I was working on my laptop. I noticed all evening my young dog, Oz, seemed restless. He normally rests comfortably in his soft basket at my side. But he would not stay there. Instead, he went in the hallway where the stairs and other rooms meet, and just looked down the hall, and was very watchful to the stairs and other rooms. He lay down for a little while, but then got up and looked uneasy. It finally really got my attention from the computer and I started to watch him to see what was bothering him. He then jumped up from the floor and backed up a little, and I SAW, on the wood floor in front of him, a bright white light or glow appear. It was diffused looking or muted at the edges, and was the size of a small tea saucer, with another smaller roundish light with it, overlapping. It was brighter than the light that would come from my flashlights, and intense, but not as intense as a laser style light. He was there for a moment, then moved around just a little in the same space, kinda of wiggling, then was gone. I said to my dog, "I saw it too, Oz.", and my dog seemed to calm down.

I did not, however, calm down. So I grabbed Oz, and my resting older dog who again didn't seem to be alarmed, and left the house. Before I left, I tryed to consider how a light could shine on my hall floor from outside. Couldn't think of a way.

After I gathered a friend, we came back to investigate. We tried to make a light shine on the spot from every possible angle from outside. We could not get a light to shine there.

So, any ideas?

AND, do you think the two incidences are connected?

End note: I do not believe the wall incident was related to rodents, or other animal noises in the wall. Firstly, I listened closely and did now hear anything. ( I have freakishly good, if not supernatural hearing. Everyone says so.) And secondly, my dogs have heard rodents in walls in the past , and I could not get them to show any interest whatsoever. However, the rodents were never in my bedroom walls. Also, the rodents here never carry bright lights, to our knowledge. Anyway, any ideas other than rodents? Thanks for your help.

Hi, It sounds like the white saucer thing you and Oz saw was possibly an orb, which is of course paranormal in nature. Seems doggie is very intuitive, and obviously it was not a rodent as they dont glow LOL..Maybe next time OZ stares simply take a few photos and see if you capture anything. This could be a spirit, possibly friend or loved one just visting, as white is normally a good sign. I see them too as do my birds and once I talk to them they calm down, because not sure what they understand but I tell them "its ok I see it too" and they stop being so scared. Take some photos, and try to not to show fear and let us know what else happens.Good Luck..JN

I definitely believe that animals can see/sense things that we can't. When I was about 13 my family lived in an apartment in a converted turn-of-the-century hospital. That place seemed to be very haunted with everyone having "experiences". Well my mom was into seances and ouija boards at the time and decided to have a ouija/seance session in the living room. We had candles and the ouija board on the coffee table, the lights turned low and did our ouija/seance thing. Suddenly we heard hissing from the Kitchen doorway. One of our cats had started to come into the living room but stopped, arched his back, fizzed up his tail and was hissing like mad, all while staring at the coffee table. He made it very clear that he saw something there and he didn't like the looks of it. He wanted to go upstairs (on the opposite side of the room), so he walked as far around the table as he could, hissing and glaring the whole time. About that time, my little sister woke up screaming upstairs. She was about 5 at the time, but she told us that a freezing cold hand touched her face and woke her up. I always figured that one of the nurses still wandered around checking on patients. :)

oh and btw, I think that was the last seance/ouija board playing my mom did. I think it spooked her. lol

Hi, It sounds like the white saucer thing you and Oz saw was possibly an orb, which is of course paranormal in nature. Seems doggie is very intuitive, and obviously it was not a rodent as they dont glow LOL..Maybe next time OZ stares simply take a few photos and see if you capture anything. This could be a spirit, possibly friend or loved one just visting, as white is normally a good sign. I see them too as do my birds and once I talk to them they calm down, because not sure what they understand but I tell them "its ok I see it too" and they stop being so scared. Take some photos, and try to not to show fear and let us know what else happens.Good Luck..JN

JustNormal and Jewel,

Thanks for your responses. I've calmed down since it happened, and so has my dog. It was an odd experience, but now I'm more curious than frightened, thanks in part to your comments. For whatever reason, I'd been talking out loud to a couple of departed relatives, and sensing answers to my questions. For example, I'd forgotten someones middle name, so I asked a departed relative and I heard the name immediately, and in the voice of the person I asked. Plus I ask my Dad for home repair advice and get answers. It's funny that I never considered this anything but "normal" until the incidents with my dog, Ozzie. I guess it didn't seem as "real" until someone else verified it for me. LOL. It didn't even occur to me until last evening that the two dog events could have anything to do with my Dad and Mom, who has passed on. But now I think maybe so!

I have more questions, but they do not involve the dogs. As this thread is about dogs and cats, should I try to find a different thread? I'm kinda new to this.

Thanks again for answering. It is a comfort to know what is going on, and that others have similar experiences.

Edited by siddnoz

I seen all types of cats curling up to patients who died shortly in Nursing Homes. Is it biochemistry or extrasensory? I never do tell the nurses about it..

post-14229-1191629692_thumb.jpg

I have 4 cats . One is a solid white persian sometimes I see her looking into midair as if seeing something I don't .

• 5 months later...

last night my dog really gave me the creeps (hence why im on here searching about dog-ghost connections....). Normally, he barks at ANYTHING, im pretty sure even the wind (so if he was barking, it wouldnt have bothered me). But last night as i was about to go to bed (he sleeps at the end), he suddenly jumped up and bolted for the bedroom door and whined to get out. So im thinking maybe he has to go outside, but no, he doesnt. so i brought him back into my room and he started shaking, so i was holding him trying to calm him down and he just stared up towards the ceiling, never looking back at me no matter how many times i would talk to him. then his head would suddenly jerk around like he was following somehting around the room (but it would be in random spots, 1st right in front of us, then all the way to the right, in front again, suddenly behind us, etc..the creepiest part!!) finally he was getting too fidgety for me to hold and bolted for the door again. i went out to the living room with him and he was fine, even falling asleep...but a couple minutes later he was back to doing the same thing and bolted out to go to my brothers room. so we stayed in there for a little while, and he was back to being okay but then went under the bed and wouldn't come out ( he probably wouldve gone under my bed if he couldve)...

it was just really weird.. he's bolted out of rooms like that before, but ive just chalked it up to him being hyper or something. ive never actually sat with him in a room he's bolted out of before now

And he doesnt bother with noises very often because we have a bunch of cats who make noise (soft and loud) throughout the night and he normally doesnt give noises a second thought...if anything at all, he'll bark or growl at where it's coming from ..not run away, which makes me think it was more like sight. he's never been scared of a noise before.. so i dont think its mice in the walls or ceiling.

he never gets scared.. the only time ive ever seen him scared is when he realizes he's at the vet.

just kind of bizarre i guess.

my dad said that when he had just had the phonecall to say that his sister had passed away he put the phone down and said goodbye to her aloud and at exactly the same time our cat jumped up next to him put his mouth around one of my dads fingers and just looked at him then happily jumped offf the bed and carried on what he was doing, which was totaly out of charecter for that cat so maybe they do have extra emotional or paranormal senses

My two cats often see things moving that are not visable to my eyes, human eyes. So what is special about the eyes of cats? Can not science find the answer to this? Or is it another sense that the cats are seeing with. Maybe with a hidden sense they can percieve movment of these phenomina and with it they are able to detect it's movement while making it look like they can see with thier eyes but they are only hoping to see it with thier eyes.

I have owned dogs before as well while growng up and while i believe that dogs can see these things to i dont think they are half as interested in them as cats are.

My cat is evil. She had a male kitten that is 2 months old. Just a kitty. Cuddles, my malicious siamese cat, is in heat and she took her kitty astray and left it lost. It never came back and now there is a strange white cat hanging around…

post-14229-1206232430_thumb.jpg