Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do Cats and Dogs See Ghosts?

IndigoChild

To ans your question yes they can. One of my cats flew screeching off the couch a few months ago and my partner looked over and saw a dark figure of a woman standing in the corner. I dont wish to get into this as the hair is standing up on my head right now thinking about it however the solution is to bless the house with holy water 'splash holy water into all corners and repeat 'Go into the light'. My new cat which I got at Christmas regularly sits and stares into that same corner and above the doorway beside it. So I found a prayer on you tube...search'prayer to get rid of ghosts' and play it out loud.

have just tried it a few minutes ago as I was feeling rather uncomfortable and hence I searched 'animals seeing ghosts' and was reffered to this site. I can tell you now Iam a sceptic and not the kind of person that usually thinks about things like this but believe me its true. Anyway Good luck and take care.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• Meiliken

• primordial

• Amarali2012

I think its possible for animals to sense things that we cant see, like my rabbit.

sense things, yeah. theyre more connected with the environment. but nothing paranormal.

Cats and Dogs see ghosts? Absolutely

They are of pure heart and more open....

umm, yeah. no. not quite.

To ans your question yes they can. One of my cats flew screeching off the couch a few months ago and my partner looked over and saw a dark figure of a woman standing in the corner. I dont wish to get into this as the hair is standing up on my head right now thinking about it however the solution is to bless the house with holy water 'splash holy water into all corners and repeat 'Go into the light'. My new cat which I got at Christmas regularly sits and stares into that same corner and above the doorway beside it. So I found a prayer on you tube...search'prayer to get rid of ghosts' and play it out loud.

have just tried it a few minutes ago as I was feeling rather uncomfortable and hence I searched 'animals seeing ghosts' and was reffered to this site. I can tell you now Iam a sceptic and not the kind of person that usually thinks about things like this but believe me its true. Anyway Good luck and take care.

lmao. no, no they cant.

and that story DID not prove anything. did you read what you wrote? the cat apparently saw the SAME thing as your partner lol

so no, i wont believe you on your word or faulty story that its true.

Well, I think animals can see things we can't. I mean, they have better senses than us already.

One time, my dog was barking at a doorway, so I went in the room. But when I walked through the doorway my dog was barking at, she started whining and I got this wierd feeling all day, and right then I felt like I just walked through a freezer.

Don't let this little dragon die! Click on him to help save him!

Well, I think animals can see things we can't. I mean, they have better senses than us already.

One time, my dog was barking at a doorway, so I went in the room. But when I walked through the doorway my dog was barking at, she started whining and I got this wierd feeling all day, and right then I felt like I just walked through a freezer.

Don't let this little dragon die! Click on him to help save him!

some animals, have some better senses, than us.

I've heard mixed stories. Sometimes animals seem to sense the paranormal and react; other times they don't sense the paranormal, or if they do they don't care.

ok ....

a few years ago while laying down watching TV a golden small globe of see through kinda light floated past my vision ( below my horizon line ).... I thought I was just seeing things and dismissed it.

a couple of days later my brother and I were watching TV when I noticed the dog looking into the kitchen ( we have a clear view into it ) .... I said to my brother " what's up with him ? " ( about the dog ) . The dog walked up to the wall , sniffed it , stared at it then turned around and came walking towards us. As he started walking towards us my brother and I both saw a golden small globe , round ( about the size of a softball) go into the point on the wall where the dog was staring and sniffed.

don't know what it was , but it was weird.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Hey dudes check this dog out

Its maybe a fake, but who knows....

I went on a ghost hunt shoot a week ago and since then, weird stuff has been happening to me at home.

Day before yesterday I went to start the car and it died. When I went to charge it's battery, full arcs of electricity came from my finger trips zapping fuses galore on the car but not hurting me, just startling the heck out of me.

After a week of unexplained happenings, all I can tell ya is our loving dog who has always been my buddy won't be in the house when I am.

some babies and animals appear to stare for a long time at empty spots (like an empty chair or corner)...i always wonder if they sense a spirit there...

I believe animals can. When my house was occupied with tons of spirits my dog used to bark at them. He would bark at the corners near the ceiling and whereever he was barking i could always sense a presence. animals are more open minded than humans so i say they can!

some babies and animals appear to stare for a long time at empty spots (like an empty chair or corner)...i always wonder if they sense a spirit there...

doubtful. its a baby looking in a corner, staring at their new world which isnt making much sense to them yet. nothing supernatural though.

but, for the sake of argument, if they Did see something, how and why would we lose that ability when were older?

I believe animals can. When my house was occupied with tons of spirits my dog used to bark at them. He would bark at the corners near the ceiling and whereever he was barking i could always sense a presence. animals are more open minded than humans so i say they can!

...ummm, how?

prove it.

ok ....

a few years ago while laying down watching TV a golden small globe of see through kinda light floated past my vision ( below my horizon line ).... I thought I was just seeing things and dismissed it.

a couple of days later my brother and I were watching TV when I noticed the dog looking into the kitchen ( we have a clear view into it ) .... I said to my brother " what's up with him ? " ( about the dog ) . The dog walked up to the wall , sniffed it , stared at it then turned around and came walking towards us. As he started walking towards us my brother and I both saw a golden small globe , round ( about the size of a softball) go into the point on the wall where the dog was staring and sniffed.

don't know what it was , but it was weird.

I 100% agree with you LT... They sense, feel, see and pick up on things much much easier then any human can....

And as children they are open and as I still beleive since May 2008,....and before,....much more pure of heart then some humans which this also, like with the children I believe helps too...

Have you seen this since a few yeears ago LT?

Edited by WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

I 100% agree with you LT... They sense, feel, see and pick up on things much much easier then any human can....

And as children they are open and as I still beleive since May 2008,....and before,....much more pure of heart then some humans which this also, like with the children I believe helps too...

Have you seen this since a few yeears ago LT?

nope , haven't seen it since. I haven't thought about it until I posted. I don't know what it was . maybe ball lightning ??? it moved slow , steady . It was illuminated but didn't illuminate . The edges weren't crisp but weren't static . they were very soft. the whole color was very soft. a soft transparent golden color.

Well, cats ARE associated with the supernatural, but dogs have no connection. However, cats and dogs have been known to be sensitive to other forces that humans are blind to. For example, they know when a storm is coming when it's miles away just by sniffing the air.

Hmm, maybe I'm part animal? I can sniff the air and know a storm is coming. If I start humping peoples legs and scratching for fleas, make sure to dip and neuter me. :lol:

I dont think they can because i've got 2 very different dogs and i've often walked them through the graveyard.When i do i'll watch their reactions to see if they look at a particulat place or if they act as if they see someone....they never have (only live people :wacko: )

Cats by nature are very cautious and tend to jump or react to the slightest noise ...this is their survival instinct kicking in......but who knows ....

Heh, going through a graveyard is not very conclusive. The bodies there didn't die there.

One of my cats always stares & jumps at the same wall. A cat i had a few yrs ago would swear at that wall. On the other side of this wall is a bedroom that nobody sleeps in anymore. Two people have seen the same strange woman in there, dark hair, not the most attractive (described as witch-like). Four people have used that room as a bedroom over the years we've been there (since 1992). Two of them went totally off the rails w/ rage etc & the other two kept having dreams where they were being strangled... by the same strange woman. After having very bad dreams about the house (featuring an old fireplace inside the room that i wasn't aware of until after my dreams), i asked a 90 yr old neighbour about the people who used to live there. It turns out a married couple built the house & lived there until the woman's untimely death in the house. She wouldn't say anything else, even tho she's just next door & she's very friendly to us, we see her every day, help her with her groceries & yard, give her a lift here & there. She never accepts our invitations to come over for lunch, bbq, birthdays etc.

But yes, i believe at least some animals can see/sense entities that we cannot.

The cat swears at the wall? What does a cat swear sound like? Meow? Or hiss? Or mew? Sorry, just strange verbiage.

Humans also can do many of the things animals can, we've just lost the training. A color blind person can pick up movements quicker than a person that sees in color. If a color blind person and a person who sees in color are walking in the woods, the color blind will pick up smaller movements before the color seeing person will. It's simple adaptation for a disability. The same happens to fully blind people. Their hearing increases to where they will notice what others do not. When all you have is a certain something to rely on, that certain somethings use will advance, be it sight, sound, touch, what have you.

I totally believe that cats and dogs see Ghost/Spirits. I have a dog that starts growling and barking all the time at night. usually between 3:00 & 3:33am (not to happy about that one though...)

Check outside. That is usually caused by an intruder, be it human or animal. Dogs are very territorial, and if something intrudes, they can smell, hear it. We have an apple tree, and my german shepard loves eating apples. Yeah, I know strange. after a huge snow last year followed by ice, the ground and anything on it was completely covered. This dog went out side, sniffed the air and went directly to a specific spot, dug into the ice to retrieve an apple. Their sense of smell is that acute.

Well, I've taken my dog, a miniature poodle on investigations with me before b/c I've always wondered this too. He would begin growling & barking 2-3 sec. right before I'd get spikes on an EMF meter at a location, so yes I think they can pick up on these things.

Maybe he isn't seeing them, but sensing them. Like the hair on the back of your neck standing when you feel a presence.

Maybe he isn't seeing them, but sensing them. Like the hair on the back of your neck standing when you feel a presence.

this is an interesting topic. sometimes when i am communicating with my dog, i get impressions as you might put it of ghosts that i'm assuming she can see

It's hard enough figuring out what people perceive. I prefer not to speculate about what an animal perceives.

However, when the dogs in my neighborhood all start barking in the middle of the night, I do not think "ghosts"!

Personally, I do think that cats and dogs can sense, if not see things that we cannot. A couple examples:

My mother has told me that the first house we lived in, as I was an infant, was haunted. It started with the sound of footsteps across the floors above, the odd knock and bump in the night. There were two things that proved to her, beyond the shadow of a doubt that her house was haunted, i'm just not sure which happened first.

1) Standing in the summer kitchen, washing the dishes, she heard a faint noise coming from the doorway behind her, and turned just in time to see what she described to either be a short elderly woman, or a chubby child stepping down, through the door and then disappearing.

2) She was laying in bed one night, alone in the house, and heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Her dog laying on the floor in front of the bedroom door awoke to the sound of the footsteps, and looked to be watching someone walk up the stairs..even though my mother could see no one. That was all she needed. To see what she think she saw, herself, was one thing, but seeing the dog watch 'nothing' walk up the stairs was her confirmation.

Personally, my experience was nothing that 'concrete'. I was home alone one day, on the computer, with my two cats asleep on the living room couch, and my dog sleeping on the floor just in front of them. The house was quiet, TV off, and without warning, all three animals ALL woke a the exact same moment. All of their heads and ears perked, and all sat and stared (for what seemed like ages) at the same spot in the hallway by the bedroom doors. THAT creeped me out.. I've heard things.. I've had the 'heebie-jeebies', etc..seen shadows. Anything I've ever experienced (or thought I had) all happened in or near to the hallway.. Might not prove that my house is 'haunted'..but it does add to the list of "well that was weird"

I believe they can,Once I spent a night with some buddys at this fishing camp in Texas and we took my big old pitbull with us,He was a friendy dog and loved everyone,and never showed any kind of aggreshion to any one or any thing the big old guy loved to play with our two cats and would let them sleep with him in his own bed and eat out the same bowl.Well anyway we were out at the cabin and he was laying across my feet and was hogging the blanket when all of the sudden he jumped up and started to stare at the wall in the hallway as if he was looking at something turning his head as if he was following something with his eyes and head,he jumped at what ever it was slamming himself into the wall and followed it all the way to the door,At this time he came back grabbed my arm with his mouth and pulled me towards the hall,Being freaked out as I was with the hair on my neck standing straight up I let him lead me to where he wanted me to go and for a brief moment I swear I saw something go through the wall and disapear I ran back to where I was resting and threw the blanket over me and before the blanket covered my head he was under there with me with his tail tucked between his legs,Mind you this dog chased a bear one day and was quite brave and what ever we saw scared the both of us.Yes I do think that animals such as cats and dogs can see spirits and that they will warn or alert you to such presents.