Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do Cats and Dogs See Ghosts?

IndigoChild

I've got a few examples from my own experiences, but posting most of them here would call down the wrath of the mob that calls people crazy. So here's a little one.

1976, a friend of mine stopped by to tell me he was off to Bandera Mountain for the day, just wanted some time to himself. I thought he was acting a little strangely and asked him what he was going to do there, and he said, just hang out, do some shooting. He seemed really nervous and awkward but I didn't question what he said. We'd go out there to target shoot now and then and I didn't think anything of it.

A few hours later I was sitting at the kitchen table when my dog got restless and we both heard noises come through the house, creaks and pops in a trail from the front room through the kitchen past us at the table and out through the wall. I didn't see anything, but the dog seemed to be watching something go through that route. Made me and the dog feel very strange. The sounds were the sounds the house would make if someone walked through, but there weren't any footsteps associated with it, just the creaking and popping of the floorboards and the sound the kitchen counter would make if someone leaned on it for a minute. We both watched the progress of whatever it was, and when it had gone my dog looked at me and I looked at my dog and we both shuddered and went back to what we'd been doing, but feeling very strange about what had happened. Made both of us jumpy.

The next day I got a call that my friend had disappeared and I told his family what I knew, the police went up to search for him and found his van at the bottom of a ravine. He was sitting in the front seat--had rolled the van off the cliff, climbed down, got back into it and blown off his head with his shotgun. That happened right about the time my dog and I heard an invisible person walk through the house.

Jimmy T

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• Meiliken

• primordial

• Amarali2012

I've got a few examples from my own experiences, but posting most of them here would call down the wrath of the mob that calls people crazy. So here's a little one.

1976, a friend of mine stopped by to tell me he was off to Bandera Mountain for the day, just wanted some time to himself. I thought he was acting a little strangely and asked him what he was going to do there, and he said, just hang out, do some shooting. He seemed really nervous and awkward but I didn't question what he said. We'd go out there to target shoot now and then and I didn't think anything of it.

A few hours later I was sitting at the kitchen table when my dog got restless and we both heard noises come through the house, creaks and pops in a trail from the front room through the kitchen past us at the table and out through the wall. I didn't see anything, but the dog seemed to be watching something go through that route. Made me and the dog feel very strange. The sounds were the sounds the house would make if someone walked through, but there weren't any footsteps associated with it, just the creaking and popping of the floorboards and the sound the kitchen counter would make if someone leaned on it for a minute. We both watched the progress of whatever it was, and when it had gone my dog looked at me and I looked at my dog and we both shuddered and went back to what we'd been doing, but feeling very strange about what had happened. Made both of us jumpy.

The next day I got a call that my friend had disappeared and I told his family what I knew, the police went up to search for him and found his van at the bottom of a ravine. He was sitting in the front seat--had rolled the van off the cliff, climbed down, got back into it and blown off his head with his shotgun. That happened right about the time my dog and I heard an invisible person walk through the house.

Jimmy T

I dont think the Wrath of the Mob that calls people crazy should have anything to say and if they do who cares you have the wrath of the mob who will stand behind you to protect you,Everyone here is pretty much here to talk about the experiences they have had and in no way shape or form can hold you Or call you "CRAZY" and if they do may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits. Your experience is something that I thank you for sharing.Make me think of what can happen .thank you.

Theghost.

I dont think the Wrath of the Mob that calls people crazy should have anything to say and if they do who cares you have the wrath of the mob who will stand behind you to protect you,Everyone here is pretty much here to talk about the experiences they have had and in no way shape or form can hold you Or call you "CRAZY" and if they do may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits. Your experience is something that I thank you for sharing.Make me think of what can happen .thank you.

Theghost.

Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I really don't like being called crazy, don't need anyone's medical advice, and I don't do those things to other people. It's something I've observed here several times. I doubt if I'll get used to it. Thanks for placing the flea curse upon them, I really appreciate the thought.

So here's the story I have that's the best one regarding psychic animals. It does involve what people often consider to be narcolepsy, but which I consider to be a slightly altered mental state open to intentional control. In that state a person can actually put to use some very ancient techniques, many of them unique to an old martial art system based on energy rather than physical force. Overcoming the paralysis people first feel is the first step in this--Bruce Lee didn't quite make it. He had to deal with some of the same problems.

Some years ago when I was getting regular and unfriendly visitations from odd beings, a woman I was dating asked me to take care of her daughter's kitten for a few days, and the few days became permanent. Solid black cat named Jinx. I treated him like an equal, and taught him to box. He thought it was great fun, but he was always a sucker for an elbow strike to the stomach. If you treat animals as intelligent they often develop very unusual abilities, and he was like that. He'd come back from adventures and re-enact the entire story for me in the living room.

He also developed out of body ability, something Robert Monroe reported his own cats doing. Pretty freaky when we'd both be taking a nap on the couch and I'd feel him asleep on my feet and walking around on me at the same time. But you get used to that kind of thing.

One night he was on his night prowls in the house, doing the jungle thing cats do at night, and happened to be in the bedroom when one of my visitors arrived. I was about to go asleep when some small humanoid about three feet tall dropped out of the air and landed on my chest. I didn't immediately react, because this particular type moved really fast and I had been trying to catch one. So far I hadn't been able to do that, but I was getting in some good practice. Before I made my move, though, Jinx leaped on the thing like a black blur of claws and teeth, ripping here and slashing there, exactly like he was in combat with the thing I'd seen (which he was). He got in some good punches before it popped out. After that he was totally wild for an hour, charging around the room like he was on meth. I got the impression that he thought it was the grandest thing a cat had ever done.

Understandable that people call me crazy from time to time, but I still take it personally. Unless somebody has a medical degree they should keep those opinions to themselves.

JimmyT

"All animals can see ghost, no only cats, no only dogs!" Blah, stop generalization, if I were to guess I'd say SOME might see just as SOME humans do. Not every dog attacks mailman and not every cat likes fish, that's all.

Cheers!

I can't come up with a scientific reason why humans would see this and not animals.

Hi all, my first post (please be gentle!) Great Forum!!!

Anyway, at my uncles house. Their three cats will simply 'NOT' go into the living room. If you try to take them into it 'by hand', so to speak, they will hiss and claw and do everything they can to get back out. Also, when another family member bought their Jack Russel around one Christmas, he also would not go into the room, although would sit and growl at the door (from the outside!)

There is apparently some history about the house, possibly regarding that room (although no hard evidence on that front, yet).

Looking forward to posting more frequently.

Cheers!

M.

I think this is true. Cats and Dogs can see things, that we humans cannot. I have a Cat, at night, she runs after things, and plays with things that aren't there. I have no rats, we've been checked, and we have never seen any. I think they do. My Cat goes crazy at night

I think this is true. Cats and Dogs can see things, that we humans cannot. I have a Cat, at night, she runs after things, and plays with things that aren't there. I have no rats, we've been checked, and we have never seen any. I think they do. My Cat goes crazy at night

sooo, based on the fact that your cat may be insane, you believe dogs and cats can see things, that we with better vision, cannot?

Animals in general are able to see Shadow People, but whether or not they are ghosts is unknown.

...sooo, based on nothing other than your opinion, how do you know this?

...so again, based on nothing more than your opinion.

Sorry not trying to be rude but I just said, I have witnessed dogs barking at shadow men.

Sorry not trying to be rude but I just said, I have witnessed dogs barking at shadow men.

the link you gave didnt even really show/prove anything though.

was there something with animals in it that i missed?

im not reading 21 pages.

The cat and dogs can sense ultrasound and infrasound so maybe the can can sense the sound made while movements of the so called ghosts

THanks

B???

The cat and dogs can sense ultrasound and infrasound so maybe the can can sense the sound made while movements of the so called ghosts

THanks

B???

doubtful its ghosts. theyll hear the ultra and infrasounds, which can maybe make them look at something or try to follow something.

the link you gave didnt even really show/prove anything though.

was there something with animals in it that i missed?

im not reading 21 pages.

My apologies, no there are several personal accounts of animals reacting to Shadow Men, I. E. cats hissing and growling, dogs barking, birds freaking out, etc. I only posted the link in case anyone else was interested in further study of them. At this point, no one knows if Shadow Men are ghosts, or not.

doubtful its ghosts. theyll hear the ultra and infrasounds, which can maybe make them look at something or try to follow something.

What if they are afraid of such sounds ....We never know what it looks or hears like them

THanks

B???

My apologies, no there are several personal accounts of animals reacting to Shadow Men, I. E. cats hissing and growling, dogs barking, birds freaking out, etc. I only posted the link in case anyone else was interested in further study of them. At this point, no one knows if Shadow Men are ghosts, or not.

but it doesnt really prove anything. just shows an animal, sees a shadow, like we do.

its not quite related to this

What if they are afraid of such sounds ....We never know what it looks or hears like them

THanks

B???

animals arent afraid of those sounds.

theres a good chance that they use it as communication almost.

Mulder, I shake my fist at you angrily!

Jimmy T

Well that communication makes them Afraid....That may be the case too

All these are cases of assumption

Thanks

B???

Well that communication makes them Afraid....That may be the case too

All these are cases of assumption

Thanks

B???

i dont believe it makes them afraid in anyway.

like i said, i feel they can communicate with it, and Then, sense things. like animals may sense something with the weather for example.

i dont feel its connected to spirits in any way.

well i actually had a friend have that happen to them before. ^_^ there is this ghost that tormented my friends family his dad unleashed it or something. but no the call him the albino man and haven't seen him in a long time. anyway my friend and his brother came to my house to hang out. well over the night i had a ouija boared :huh: i know stupid. anyway we played it for a while then got a little scared so we stopped. the next day my friend goes home and his animals (dogs-cats) started to act really weird, like staring and barking at nothing. and so thats when my friends family started to see the albino man around his house again for a few days. but then the animals acted normal again and the albino man went away(for now) :unsure2: and so thats why i think animals can see ghost and spirits. :D

All I know is that I hate when my cats stare at a blank wall. And not in a 'I'm bored and gazing' way, but in an intense and 'omfg something is over there' way. I will go to the room on the otherside of the wall they are staring down, and see if there is anything that could be causing it. Even a bug, a fly, something. Usually there is nothing.

It's most likely them hearing something far off in the distance in the direction they are looking. Or some mechanical sound they are focusing on that I'm dismissing as white noise. But it's creepy!