Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sylvia Browne

EyE oF tHe StOrm

Lately I've been catching the Montel show in the afternoon. About two days out of the week, Sylvia Browne is on. Now I believe in mediums but, this lady is just plain bad! It seems like she says the same thing over, and over. I don't know how anyone can stand her. Am I the only one who thinks this?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rosemary Campbell

• coldethyl

• Funi

• LostLittleGirl

I don't think Sylvia Browne is a Fake at all because I am a psychic and I have seen her on Montel once when they promised to solve a case and tell us about it later on in the show.

I took what Information they provided and I quickly meditated on the case and later when they revealed the solution to the case it was exactly as I had seen what happened to the body of the missing person and etc.

We have to realize there is a lot of pressure on a show like that and people ask her questions off the top of their heads and I think she does a good job under those pressures.

I have been on this forum since last September telling some of my Experienes as a psychic and believe me its not any easier to deal with some of the people I met on this forum than it was on the Skeptics Forum beacuse people are very leary of Psychics, and Fortunetellers because once in a while one may not be as honest as they could be but that doesn't mean everyone who does this is Dishonest most of us just want to help people understand these things so if they would like to develop their own Psychic Abilities I believe anyone can do it if they choose to.

The only complaint I have about Sylvia Brown is she doesn't believe that Spirits can possess Humans and I know first hand that they can and I believe anyone who wants to get into this Psychic Investigation should know this can happen and as far as I know I don't know how to Exorcise Spirits from a Human Body because in my case I have had three Relatives and Dr. Petas sitting inside my body since l986 challenging a Higher Power to prove he can Remove them from my body and so far he hasn't done this.

My Relatives and Dr. Petas have been doing this because they read in Ruth Montgomery's books when an Evil Spirit becomes so Evil it can't be rehabilitated God appears and Destroys them and to date that has not happened but each day Guides and I are trying to talk them out and who knows perhaps one day it will work.

Edited by Rosemary Campbell

I read thru all the older threads that Pax listed, then googled Ms Browne - and uh, yeah she's a fake, no doubt. To many misses and her hits are the typical bull all psychics use.

She's in the same league with Char, John Edwards and James Von Prague. How could anyone take them seriously?

I don't think Sylvia Browne is a Fake at all because I am a psychic and I have seen her on Montel once when they promised to solve a case and tell us about it later on in the show.

I took what Information they provided and I quickly meditated on the case and later when they revealed the solution to the case it was exactly as I had seen what happened to the body of the missing person and etc.

Oh Lord, here we go again. No, she is fake..... as we have dicussed on the last thread regarding sylvia being fake.

And... no you did not....

I read thru all the older threads that Pax listed, then googled Ms Browne - and uh, yeah she's a fake, no doubt. To many misses and her hits are the typical bull all psychics use.

She's in the same league with Char, John Edwards and James Von Prague. How could anyone take them seriously?

Thank you....

Also, there are other threads regarding why we think Sylvia Brown is fake. Not in a mood to repost...... let's see if we can merge them two.

Edited by NME_locus

I think she's a fake.

I remember an old road trip I took with my cousin, two aunts, older cousin, mother, and another random family member for a funeral. One aunt, Christine, who is an evil little b**** (Don't ask for me to explain... Family stuff.) was obsessed with Sylvia Browne the entire time. She read me stuff from her book and I nearly puked from how annoying it was. Perhaps it's just me hating Sylvia because Christine likes her, but I just don't think she's real.

Here's another UM thread regarding her and more facts about her :

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...hl=sylvia+brown

First let me say I love this site...Bear with me , long post :)

Ok , my wife watches Sylvia on Montel , she gets very upset with me because I say she is a scam.I really do not understand any of it , pet psychics , etc...Here is why I will never be convinced in near future.Whenever a nation wide news alert about missing children , or murders ( John boney Ramsey...spell check comes to mind ) where are these psychics?This is mainly aimed at sylvia , but any will do claiming that much power.I mean seriously , how hard would it be to pick up the phone and tell someone where they are before it is to late?I do not mean every single case ,but would you not think she would have a little spare time and heart to help a little?She gives out names of "murderers" on montel to people , have we had even one "update" if anyone caught?If these abilities were true and that strong , if I were her than the twin towers would have been standing today , numerous children would be home , numerous criminals would be off the streets....And I would run off of government funding , or donations and do it full time.Meaning ,if these powers true why make millions talking to dead relatives on tv shows when you could live comfortably helping a huge amount of people?....If you have not , just check her site with this in mind , anyones site for that matter..Please do not take offence to my beliefs , but they are based on facts.

Sylvia and her sons phone charges : Phone reading with Sylvia - $700

Phone reading with Chris - $400

A Phone consultation with Sylvia or Chris lasts approximately 20-30 minutes.

And to anyone being Psychic have you heard of the million dollars waiting for you?...Below detailed info on it....Its worth a try?

Magician and skeptic James (The Amazing) Randi has had a long-standing offer for any psychic to perform a paranormal act under controlled conditions. If the results meet mutually-agreed-to standards for success, a cash prize is to be awarded to the challenger. The prize started out as $10,000 of Randi's own money.

But many of the same psychics who do readings in their drawing room for 30 or 40 dollars a pop said that $10,000 for a single job was not worth their time and effort. (As an aside, some other psychics who do the same thing for a living haughtily announced that they weren't in it for the money. When it's pointed out that they can donate the money to charity if they wish, they simply pretend not to hear.)

So Randi turned to his many fans and supporters. He started an organization called the 2000 Club. Membership consisted of pledging a minimum of $1,000 in $1,000 increments to the Randi Challenge. As of this writing, the pledges stand at over 1.2 million dollars. The prize would now consist of a $10,000 check handed over on the spot, with the remainder collectable in pledges.

But the psychics complained that this was still not acceptable. It would be far too much work to collect the money from everyone, and not everybody would come through on their pledges. The job of collecting a potential one million dollars seemed pretty enticing to me, even if half the pledgers turned out to be welchers, but I guess my mind doesn't work like that of a psychic.

An anonymous philanthropist has made it possible for Randi to found the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF). This donor has additionally provided one million dollars to be kept in an account specifically for the Randi prize. Therefore, in the interests of pleasing the psychics, the Randi Challenge was modified. A winning challenger would immediately get $10,000 of Randi's money, along with a check from the JREF for the remainder of the 1.2 million. Collecting from the pledgers would now be the JREF's problem.

Now the psychics expressed extreme skepticism that the JREF even had assets worth one million. (In fact, Randi's honesty seems to be the only subject the paranormalists are capable of working up any skepticism for.) At one point James Randi offered to make a $1,000 bet that the assets were there. He has indicated that there were no takers, despite repeated insistence by the psychics that the money is nonexistent.

The latest move to accommodate potential challengers was to place the funds in an account named The James Randi Educational Foundation Prize Account with the firm of Goldman, Sachs & Co. in the form of liquidatable bonds. Doubters were then invited to send a FAX to a certain number to receive confirmation that the one million dollars was really there.

Afterward, none of the highly vocal scoffers had said anything about having performed this simple and convenient research. So I went ahead and sent a FAX. I got back this letter on Goldman Sachs letterhead, signed by a Naomi C. Shapiro, confirming the presence of one million dollars in liquid assets.

At this point, I expect the psychics to charge that the letter is a forgery, either on my part, or on the part of the JREF. One imagines Goldman Sachs would vigorously prosecute anyone distributing incorrect financial information on their letterhead. This would be a tremendous risk to run, especially for the simple purpose of trying to shut up a few obnoxious loudmouths. If the psychics could investigate this matter, and manage to expose fraud on the part of the JREF, there should be little doubt that they would eagerly set out to do so. Bringing The Amazing Randi down in humiliating defeat is the kind of fantasy that fires their imaginations at night.

Anyone paying attention will certainly see a pattern here. The paranormalists will never be satisfied no matter what attempts are made to address their supposed concerns.

A small number of genuinely self-deluded individuals have agreed to take the Randi Challenge, and invaryingly failed. But the biggest majority of those who boast of paranormal abilities avoid the Challenge like the plague. Some disregard the entry rules, and make up their own counter-challenge (Their rules - Randi's money). Randi sensibly ignores them. Then they crow that Randi is excluding them from the Psychic Challenge, but in truth they never accepted the existing Challenge, only another of their own invention involving none of their own money.

Or they simply deny that the Challenge is legitimate. Arguments that the best way to prove this assertion is to take the Challenge and win are like water off a duck's back.

Why do believers in psychic phenomena do this? Because they have to. A universe in which paranormal effects abound cannot be the same universe in which a one million dollar Psychic Challenge lies unclaimed for many years. This is the whole point of the Challenge.

Fans of the paranormal delight in portraying skeptics as being like ostriches with their heads in the sand, carefully avoiding any kind of research which might contradict their beliefs. But it's a widely-recognized fact that we tend to expect others to do as we do. I've never heard of a psychic actually investigating whether the prize money for the Randi Challenge was really there, even after Randi has made it very easy to research this. I hear nothing but their repetitive, loudly-proclaimed doubts about the existence of the money.

There's a phrase for this.

It's called willful ignorance.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...hl=sylvia+brown

She just looks like she up to no good. You don't just intend to help people if you're rude like S. Brown is.

Well,

Edited by NME_locus

I used to believe she was real until I read one of her books and some of her beliefs regarding the universe, etc... are " WAY OUT THERE". It completely changed how I thought about her.

I useed to watch Montel all the time. S. Brown just annoys me. I stoped watching Montel because of her. She seemd rude every time I saw her and heard her speak.

As has been mentioned, she's a total fake. I tend to think all mediums are. They simply use cold reading to fish for information from the subject and then shoot it back as if it came from some paranormal source. Any magician, including myself, can do exactly what she does and in many cases do it even better. The fact is that people want to be fooled. The psychics are well aware of this and exploit it. And who could possibly be easier to fool than those experiencing grief due to the death of a loved one. Sylvia could get a hit/miss ration of about 5/80 and the subject would still be amazed and crying. She not only does this (and charges 700 bucks for it), she also makes tons of cash from books, personal appearances, tv shows, and other things. These mediums are rich simply from utilizing psychology and the simplest magic tricks.

I really doubt that the dead would be crowding around in a tv studio to talk to Sylvia. And why they seem to always be so vauge, general, and even wrong, is beyond me. If she is really talking to the dead she should NEVER be wrong. She actually accepted Randi's million dollar challenge on Larry King Live back in 2002. She has yet to take it. I don't think she ever will, nor any other medium. They don't mind being tested by people like Gary Schwartz, but when it comes to a professional magician and skeptic, no way.

She was being interviewed on Coast to Coast AM one night. She either had a really off night or she's not the real deal because it was the same night that the coal miners were buried under all the rubble and a leak had gotten out that all the miners survived except one. George Noorey asked Sylvia and she said that it was true that all the miners were alive. Then about 15 mins later a news bulliten came out that all the miners were dead except 1, Sylvia then retracted her answer and said that the miners would be found. Yeah that really demished all my thoughts that Sylvia was the real deal.

I'm now watching a new show called psychic at large - Miss Char Magolis seems like the real thing. She's on after Ghost Hunters on Scifi

http://www.scifi.com/psychicatlarge/about/

I don't know about other Psychics and how much they get the only one I can speak for is myself.

Since Last September, 2005 I have been posting about my more than 20 years as a psychic Channel sharing my experiences with others and during that time I have not made a penny on that Information and I have not been doing Readings over the Telephone or in Person.

Since this all began back in l985 I have gathered accurrate information on almost everything from old crimes to current crimes and been quite accurate and shared all information with many people including the Police and I have not received one Penny nor asked for it.

Over the years I did put together more than 14 Manuscripts and sent them out to publishers, tabloids, newspapers and even Television News shows and the Manuscripts have never been seen again and the things I sent anywhere have never been responded to.

For Example when Laci Peterson first disappeared I thought she had been kidnapped for her baby but when I meditated on her I knew right away that she and Scott had a Violent fight and he killed her and put her in the Bay.

There are so many cases like this that I have been right on with, local, national and International and no one has ever to my knowledge paid any attention to it although I have been 100 percent accurate in many cases.

Most recently I have not been doing much of this Detective work because three of my relatives in the Spirit World and Dr. Petas from Toledo, Ohio also in the Spirit World have been busy attacking my brain as possessing Spirits to prevent me from gathering this information because they were jealous of my gift and feared that I would become famous from my Psychic Gift.

At this time I am trying to determine if if there is a Higher Power in the Universe who can take them out of my body and so far no one has proven they can.

So you see the Life of a Psychic is not an easy one.

By the Way Sylvia Browne tells people on the Montel Show that Spirits can't enter Human Bodies but I can tell you first hand she is wrong on that one.

So Carry On.

Edited by Rosemary Campbell

She was being interviewed on Coast to Coast AM one night. She either had a really off night or she's not the real deal because it was the same night that the coal miners were buried under all the rubble and a leak had gotten out that all the miners survived except one. George Noorey asked Sylvia and she said that it was true that all the miners were alive. Then about 15 mins later a news bulliten came out that all the miners were dead except 1, Sylvia then retracted her answer and said that the miners would be found. Yeah that really demished all my thoughts that Sylvia was the real deal.

I'm now watching a new show called psychic at large - Miss Char Magolis seems like the real thing. She's on after Ghost Hunters on Scifi

http://www.scifi.com/psychicatlarge/about/

I've seen Char in action long before her Sci Fi tv show. She used to be on Larry King and other talk show fairly frequently. She's one of those psychics who throws out one letter at a time. She's had so many misses on Larry King, it's not even funny. Look up transcripts of her appearences on there if you have time. Judging by her past 'performances' I'm quite sure her tv show is heavily edited to make her look good.

• 2 weeks later...

i have watched several montel williams shows with sylvia browne and she tells alot of the people on the shows that they should see a doctor about their problem.i would like to see all these people come back on a show and and find out how many of her diagnoses were right?

I knew right away that she and Scott had a Violent fight and he killed her and put her in the Bay.

I knew that too and I'm just a crime buff and I watch the news.

Most recently I have not been doing much of this Detective work because three of my relatives in the Spirit World and Dr. Petas from Toledo, Ohio also in the Spirit World have been busy attacking my brain as possessing Spirits to prevent me from gathering this information because they were jealous of my gift and feared that I would become famous from my Psychic Gift.

Yes, yes we know. Do you have this info on copy/paste so you don't have to keep re-typing it????

Yes, yes we know. Do you have this info on copy/paste so you don't have to keep re-typing it????

LOL.... too funny... You get used to it and eventually just start scrolling past it. :ph34r:

i have watched several montel williams shows with sylvia browne and she tells alot of the people on the shows that they should see a doctor about their problem.i would like to see all these people come back on a show and and find out how many of her diagnoses were right?

I'm sure she only has a 25% accuracy on those.

We have to realize there is a lot of pressure on a show like that and people ask her questions off the top of their heads and I think she does a good job under those pressures.

I have been on this forum since last September telling some of my Experienes as a psychic and believe me its not any easier to deal with some of the people I met on this forum than it was on the Skeptics Forum beacuse people are very leary of Psychics, and Fortunetellers because once in a while one may not be as honest as they could be but that doesn't mean everyone who does this is Dishonest most of us just want to help people understand these things so if they would like to develop their own Psychic Abilities I believe anyone can do it if they choose to.

The only complaint I have about Sylvia Brown is she doesn't believe that Spirits can possess Humans and I know first hand that they can and I believe anyone who wants to get into this Psychic Investigation should know this can happen and as far as I know I don't know how to Exorcise Spirits from a Human Body because in my case I have had three Relatives and Dr. Petas sitting inside my body since l986 challenging a Higher Power to prove he can Remove them from my body and so far he hasn't done this.

My Relatives and Dr. Petas have been doing this because they read in Ruth Montgomery's books when an Evil Spirit becomes so Evil it can't be rehabilitated God appears and Destroys them and to date that has not happened but each day Guides and I are trying to talk them out and who knows perhaps one day it will work.

Is this Dr. Petas and your Relatives some sort of an erotic dream? You know, they get into you, they have your body...You're so out of the NORMAL way of thinking. Maybe you're a "psychic" or maybe you're a "crazy little thing called Rosemary Campbell".

Is this Dr. Petas and your Relatives some sort of an erotic dream? You know, they get into you, they have your body...You're so out of the NORMAL way of thinking. Maybe you're a "psychic" or maybe you're a "crazy little thing called Rosemary Campbell".

Or maybe I know a lot more about this than you will ever know.

Its too bad you don't have some relatives or old enemies in the spirit world who would like to come back and do the same thing to you then you could learn about this first hand, then I wonder if you would be such an insensitive buffoon.

Or maybe I know a lot more about this than you will ever know.

Its too bad you don't have some relatives or old enemies in the spirit world who would like to come back and do the same thing to you then you could learn about this first hand, then I wonder if you would be such an insensitive buffoon.

As horrible as you say it is, wishing it on someone else just shows what type of person you are.

I knew that too and I'm just a crime buff and I watch the news.

But did you know the first day Laci Disapeared that she had been killed?

And did you know she had been put into the Bay even as Scot pretended to be looking for her?

I did because that is how Psychics help Police, they know when missing people have been killed and who did it.

As A Psychic I mentally went into Scot petersen's house and saw the fight scene and I saw him carry her out and take her to the bay.

These posts aren't meant to irritate anyone they are to encourage others to learn to do this because one day I might need a channel to help me reach earth.

As horrible as you say it is, wishing it on someone else just shows what type of person you are.

I just think people will never get the experience or proof they want unless they learn about it first hand.

I just think people will never get the experience or proof they want unless they learn about it first hand.

You're right. The only way I could get proof that having my loved one murdered is a traumatic experience is to actually have my loved one murdered. What great logic.

P.S. That was sarcasm.

But did you know the first day Laci Disapeared that she had been killed?

And did you know she had been put into the Bay even as Scot pretended to be looking for her?

I did because that is how Psychics help Police, they know when missing people have been killed and who did it.

As A Psychic I mentally went into Scot petersen's house and saw the fight scene and I saw him carry her out and take her to the bay.

These posts aren't meant to irritate anyone they are to encourage others to learn to do this because one day I might need a channel to help me reach earth.

Yeah saying that now is all well and good because that is in the past. Post something that hasn't happened yet that isn't so vague it's nearly invisible and then we will talk. How can the spirits tell you all this stuff and still remind you about your grocery coupons? Seems like a lot of work for the afterlife.