Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Premiership stars in gang rape probe

Althalus

LONDON (Reuters) - Eight unnamed premiership soccer stars are at the centre of a probe into the alleged gang rape of a 17-year-old girl, a newspaper has reported.

The Sun on Monday said the girl had consented to sex with one of the players at a London hotel over the weekend, but seven other players from the same team joined in against her wishes.

When asked about the Sun report, a Scotland Yard spokesman said detectives from the sex crimes unit Operation Sapphire were investigating the claim.

"Westminster Sapphire have received an allegation of rape from a 17-year-old female," he said. "At this point it would be inappropriate to comment further."

The players were not named, but were said to include "at least one international and several other household names".

Yahoo News

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Althalus

• Cufflink

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the seven players were from a different team? Apologies if I'm mistaken.

I'm just glad my team, Man City, were at home in Manchester, over the weekend, because if this turns out to be true, I would find it impossible to cheer on a player who had committed such a dreadful crime.

If the story is true, the implications for the team concerned are nothing short of ruinous.