Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

my theory on Nessie

vyrUS

My theory on Loch Ness is as follows. I believe that Nessie COULD exist. If it is a Pleasiosaur then we have to agree that at one time it DID exist. Now we have the question DOES it exist? If it is/was an ancient repltile then i could exist i.e. the crocodile, komodo dragon, snakes, etc. My theory doesn`t prove it exists but it does offer one explaination.

Nessie is a Pleasiosaur, and according to science the Pleasiosaur is an Oceanic reptile. Now there are some Oceanic Reptiles we know of now.....Sea Turtles...Now some sea turtles lay eggs on beaches but there is one species of sea turtle that actually lays eggs in lakes or rivers. I believe that Loch Ness is a nesting ground for these Large Oceanic Reptiles. The Loch is not big enought to support the eating habit of one of these Pleasiosaurs, much less a lot of them. It would however be big enough for an infant. It is a perfect nesting ground. It would be at the top of the food chain. This could explain why it is difficult to see this creature. One, it doesn`t stay there for very long and Two being an infant it could have a natural instinct to stay reclusive for survival. The river that leads out of the Loch and in to the ocean could be a "highway" for the Pleasiosaurs to travel along to get to the Loch.

It is well known that our oceans are vast and grossy under explored. We may never know what lies in it`s depths. Just look only recently we have discoverd the Giant Squid. An animal that also was thought of as superstition.

I wish I could embelish a bit more on my theory but i am currently at work. I am however open to answering question. I am not promicing answers to all though laugh.gif

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vyrUS

• Isanguard

• spyro_86

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting theory. Thats exactly what eels do. In fact some body had a different theory about Nessie being an eel. It's some eel with a rare disease that makes them grow up tp 40 feet or so. Maybe your both right. The eels use the lake as a fry hatchery and 1 or 2 stay there because of the disease and thats what people report seeing.

Hmm......cool thoery..But i like to think other wise. If the nessie is a Pleasiosaur, it is a reptile than, it produce eggs...My thoery is when the dinosours age has gone the earth turn to be ice age, any thing and every thing turn to be frozen in that age including the eggs suppose....if that so, mybe the eggs will be frozen a very long long time and when the ice age is gone and start of another age,it will bring back the original form of the eggs(back to life)......This is because scientis has made expriment using chicken eggs and it's works......But this is just a theory indeed...! rolleyes.gifthumbsup.gif

about the size issue. The Pleasiosaur is measure to be at least 60ft in length.(adult that is). What is seen in the Loch is about 25 to 30 ft. Half the size more or less. This could also explain my infant theory