Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother Nature & Father Time

Dakotabre

I am not sure if this post is in the right spot or not, so feel free to move it....

I believe in God and Creation, but I remember growing up hearing alot about Mother Nature and Father Time.

Does anyone know how these two 'myths' or 'ideas' came about? Where did this story originate?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dakotabre

• Bio-Mage

• Piney

• Beckys_Mom

I would suppose that the term Mother Nature was formed from the nature goddess image of some pagan religions.

In Bullfinch's mythology, the Greek god Cronos was called the Father of Time. That's the info I found about it.

True, both are derivatives of mythological elements found in a number of cultures. The anthropomorphism of concepts like nature and time, is a way to bring them into a context so that can be understood. needless to say there is a healthy dosage of imagination in their mention and origin though :)

Thanks guys for your responses.....

It's pretty amazing when you think about all the things you heard of as a kid, or even things you hear and do now, most of them relate back to religion or some mythical being/God, law or legend...

Thanks Again :tu:

I am not sure if this post is in the right spot or not, so feel free to move it....

I believe in God and Creation, but I remember growing up hearing alot about Mother Nature and Father Time.

Does anyone know how these two 'myths' or 'ideas' came about? Where did this story originate?

I often wondered myself :D

Mother Nature grew out of the various concepts of the Indo-Aryan Earth Goddess. Father Time is a Greco-Roman (Cronos) and Persian Zorastrian (Zurvan- god of time and fate) diety.

Lapi'che

• 2 weeks later...

eh i belive that mother nature came from the greek titan Gaia and Father time is Kronos(thats the origianl way to spell it in case u were wondering not that it realy matters) this doesnt have anything to do with this topic realy but originaly there was chaos who gave birth to gaia. gaia and chaos had oranos gaia and oranos had kronos and oth titans kronos was the father of the olympians i.e. hades(hades isnt considerd an olympian ususaly because he does not live on mount olympus like his kin) zeus posiden hera and the like i liek greek mythology lol