Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman faked kidnaping.

LostLittleGirl

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• LostLittleGirl

• timewarrior

• Likely Guy

I thought there was an odd smell to that story. Yes, she should be charged with something.

I wonder if this was a failed suicide attempt, perhaps she thought the trash truck would crush her... :unsure:

Huston's mother said it was unlike her to just disappear. But she declined to comment on reports that her daughter may have been depressed.

Woman found alive in landfill

According to the article her illness is depression. I don't think she should necessarily be charged with anything - she didn't hurt anyone except for herself and for that she should be mentally evaluated not thrown in jail with convicts.

According to the article her illness is depression. I don't think she should necessarily be charged with anything - she didn't hurt anyone except for herself and for that she should be mentally evaluated not thrown in jail with convicts.

I wasn't saying she should be thrown in jail. When the "infamous" Runaway bride turned back up she got community service. I saying she should should get that at least.

I wasn't saying she should be thrown in jail. When the "infamous" Runaway bride turned back up she got community service. I saying she should should get that at least.

Well unless she has a mental illness. Then she should have a stay in a hospital. Probably the most serious thing she could get charged with is filing a false police report. Even with that she sounds like she needs some serious counselling. Maybe she should hook up with the woman who can't tell her boyfriend in the dark? ^_^

Mental illness or not, I think she should be charged with something. This is going to stick with the police who were involved, who may not take the next report as seriously....

I think she should be charged with kidnapping her self. I bet she wouldn't try that again :rofl:

Mental illness or not, I think she should be charged with something. This is going to stick with the police who were involved, who may not take the next report as seriously....

Well that's really the whole point. If she is found mentally incompetent then she wouldn't be responsible for her actions and therefore she couldn't be charged. I don't think the police will take kidnapping less seriously because of this, though. I know they'll remember it but they still have rules to follow and I'm sure kidnapping victims families are vocal enough not to let them be slack. :tu:

• 10 years later...

She should be charged, made to do community service, and forced to pay for the amount of money expended on her search.  If you're going to disappear and don't want your family to know.  make sure to leave a note with the cops.  something simple.  Like hate my life, leaving on my own accord. . .don't inform my parents of whereabouts unless they bring waffles. . .

15 minutes ago, timewarrior said:

She should be charged, made to do community service, and forced to pay for the amount of money expended on her search.  If you're going to disappear and don't want your family to know.  make sure to leave a note with the cops.  something simple.  Like hate my life, leaving on my own accord. . .don't inform my parents of whereabouts unless they bring waffles. . .

Whatever happened to her is old news, 11 year old news.

5 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Whatever happened to her is old news, 11 year old news.

So is Jack the Ripper and the Zodiac.   Your point? 

1 minute ago, timewarrior said:

So is Jack the Ripper and the Zodiac.   Your point? 

If you have new information on any of those subjects, then by all means share it.

22 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

If you have new information on any of those subjects, then by all means share it.

Then I would have nothing to contribute at all.  Everyone knows my postings are nothing more than the opinionated rantings of a mad man. 

Since this thread is indeed 11 years old and there is nothing new to discuss, I'm closing the thread at this time.

Thread closed.

• The topic was locked