Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Perpetual motion?

j6p

I've listened to much chatter over the years about inventing a perpetual motion machine. To me this is just as good. It has the potential of infinite power output relative to our needs and requires no fuel. It would be more productive if innovators would get their heads out of their collective asses and invest their energies into this type of energy production. The wind, sun, and sea are producing a tremendous amount of energy every day and we are, for all practical purposes, disregarding it. ENERGY

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PsychicPenguin

• Unexplainable

• bathory

• Xenojjin

Thats a fantastic idea!

• 2 months later...

Well, the wind, sun, and sea currents are not really fall into the "perpetual machine" definition. The sun will eventually die out, and the wind and se currents actually dependent on the sun. Tapping the energy from these sources has been done, with wind turbines and solar panels.

A lot of people get the wrong impression about these technologies. Just because the energy source is free and almost unlimited, it doesn't mean that they are cheaper. The equipments required to tap the energy do not last forever. During its entire lifetime, a solar power plant actually cost about twice of the cost of a coal power plant with equal output. The wind turbines also require heavy inital investments, but it is gaining popularity as the engineers put their work into it.

I have heard rumors that some scientists have created a magnetic energy source that is bassically a "free power source" that uses the magnetic waves constantly generated in the earth and universe to cause the spinning needed to create electricity that can be used for power .

The second part of this rumor is that the government ( ALL governments ) captured these scientits , killed them , and made sure the research was burned in order to keep the oil industry from falling . And we already have ways to manipulate the oceans , and wind into energy . But those projects don't get enough funding . Conspiracy ? I wouldn't doubt it !

OK, explain it a little bit more...

The energy from the wind, sun and sea currents are free, yes they're cheaper. But the equipments required to tap these energy are expensive. The total price/power (energy source + equipment) for wind turbines and solar panels according to my research is actually more expensive than the conventional coal power plant.

There is definitely no conspiracy to stop the research, a lot of governments from arround the world has inject research funds for developing wind turbines. However, I believe there is actually a conspiracy among the researchers, shown in some false performance claims to draw interests from the investors.

The solar panel is quite hopeless so far, they find applications only in applications where power/weight ratio is important (eg calculators, sattelites). Research funding in these area is also very large, denying any conspiracy theory. The efficiency of the solar panels is getting a lot better now.

About that magnetic wave machine rumor, I'm definitely not going to buy that. The earth magnetic field is really weak, and the fluctuation of this magnetic field is even weaker. You may have to cover the entire Saudi Arabia with this machine to generate enough power for your household.

one of my brothers lecturers has plans to make something with infinite perpetual motion, meaning it would keep going back and forth for, well, ever. really cool uh?!

one small problem. it needs a COMPLETELY flat and even surface to work. shame theres no such thing sad.gif

My mother-in-law has perfected perpetual motion. The movement of her jaw, in someway produces energy, and she re-energises herself. She can talk non-stop to the Doomsday arrives. I think she should be placed in a laboratory and dissected, to find the answer! grin2.gif

• 1 month later...

Perhaps if everyperson in this forum, put their minds into action, we can construct or create a theoretical design of a perpetual motion machine.

If not, you can always try these machines out for size.

user posted image

user posted image View: Perpetual Motion Machines

The second part of this rumor is that the government ( ALL governments ) captured these scientits , killed them , and made sure the research was burned in order to keep the oil industry from falling .

why would they destroy the research that could effectively make the goverment independant of the Middle Eastern nations? Use up all the local oil, and give the oil company the patents on the new power machines. Makes allot more sense

My mother-in-law has perfected perpetual motion. The movement of her jaw, in someway produces energy, and she re-energises herself. She can talk non-stop to the Doomsday arrives. I think she should be placed in a laboratory and dissected, to find the answer!

l laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif that's the funnies thing i've ever heard because it relates so much to me laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

thanks for that, i'm going to be laughing for days... laugh.giflaugh.gif

back to the topic (without trying not to laugh).

my watch is sorta perpetual motion, it's a kinetic watch. Just move it once a day and i'll stay accurate for about 3 days, after that it's accuracy get sh**. Pretty efficient i reckon.

i was saying to my brother, why not make a giant Automatic watch (my grandma has an automatic watch and it never needs batteries and she's had it for about 40 years). Wonder if that would work...