Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An American haunting

Jsilvestro

Does anyone know when that new movie comes out "An American Haunting' I read up on the Bell Witch-- this movie should be really good. Why do they call it a haunting though if they claim it was a witch that did the terrorizing?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jsilvestro

• Bella-Angelique

• (31oha2a121)

• seanph

Does anyone know when that new movie comes out "An American Haunting' I read up on the Bell Witch-- this movie should be really good. Why do they call it a haunting though if they claim it was a witch that did the terrorizing?

Farmer Bell plowed up the land where the witch was buried, and it was supposed to be her spirit that attacked people and eventually killed him, if I remember right.

Are Donald Sutherland and Cissy Spacik in the movie?

Yes they are both in the new movie. Thanks for the info now it makes better sense.

...May 5th? I'm not for sure, I just saw the previews last night.

It does look like a good movie, though I'm not very familiar with the Bell Witch myself. (Horror movies aren't my thing, either, but I'd really like to see this one.)

Edited by Taka

Been interested in this story for years. I recently read a novel on the incident. It was entitled "The Bell Witch: The Full Account" by Pat Fitzhugh. Most excellent. Couldn't put it down.

The Bell Witch Web Site - Home of the Bell Witch

http://www.bellwitch.org/home.htm

Can't wait for the movie.

Sean

Yes they are both in the new movie. Thanks for the info now it makes better sense.

This is going to be an utterly fantastic picture. I am so glad that they got Accademy award actors to do this because the story deserves it.

It is truly a part of US cultural history.

user posted image

Edited by Bella-Angelique

Yeah, should be excellent! :yes::tsu:

Sean

thanks for sending the link to the site i read the entire story, its fascinating and i would so love to believe it. its the best and probably the most reliable stoery i ve heard however i do thin kalot of things remained unexplained.

personally, i believe in ghosts, however that ist it weird the daughter was the olty person getting severly beaten? i think the ather could have been molesting her and that explains the marks on her, maybe the family believed the ghost story or maybe they were too scraed. when people came over he would make noises like the witch to scare people off. this thesis is very scooby-doo but bare with me.

what mad eit seem most fake to me is that she killed the dad with a vial of poison... now if a ghost can hit people it can kill people, it doesnt need a vial. also the image o a ghost synthesising a vial of dangerous iquid is just plain wrong, i think it was maybe the daughter or someone who wanted to put him out of his mysery who did this. the next dubious fact was that she sayd she would return in 7 days... why? a ghosts got nothing else to do? or maybe she has several other hauntings to attend in her date planner?

i would love to believe this story, in a word, its awesome and intriguing, however there are just things that do not add up to me.

[i just went to the book stores to look for that book not one store had it! I was surprised in fact there were no books at all on the Bell Witch. I really wanted to read it before I saw the movie so I had to finally order it off the Bell Witch website. This movie should be really good it has really good actors as well.

Great movie i dident no it was based on true story what did you think off it?

If I read this story correctly off the site this is the only state (Tennessee) that has actually admitted that this was in fact a true haunting.

I wouldn't mind watching this one, looks very interesting.

I've read a few bits and pieces from the internet about it.

I can't wait to see it. I think it is going to be really good.

I can't wait to see it. I think it is going to be really good.

This movie came out last night has anyone seen it yet? I was wondering if it was any good. I just got the book last night so I need to read it first I think/ I posted a question on this under the Hauntings/ghost forum by accident I was quicky reminded of my error in posting it there...

don't waste your money.athough it is loosely based on the bell witch story it's so loose that they takes bits and pieces of the story and make a movie around it.i personally thought the book was better but everybodys different.

i hear that. films that are 'based on a true story' are in fact NEVER based on a true story. consider a comparison between, the amytaville horror and the remake, and even the original was full of it. most of the stuff was made up. its so sad.