Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Waspie_Dwarf

Exploration Of The Moon

305 posts in this topic

Black Hound

As much as I like to see things go to the moon and beyond, zi do wish some funds from NASA's budget be rediredted to human service issues such as poverty, improving education, schools, children's health, more research into life threating diseases, etc. I realize such motives may sound self serving, as I will probably grow old, get ill, and even possibly die but my health should not be considered as to why I am suggesting such radical redistributation of some funds. The moon will always be there, and alas, so will the ills of human society unless we choose to do somehing about them.

Belial
Scientists consider the Earth's only natural satellite to be a pristine environment, an "open book" where the history of the solar system is written. But according to new observations by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO), there's more than just impact craters -- born from the violent early days of our developing star system -- written in the lunar landscape.

Rest of article HeRe :unsure2:

MID

As much as I like to see things go to the moon and beyond, zi do wish some funds from NASA's budget be rediredted to human service issues such as poverty, improving education, schools, children's health, more research into life threating diseases, etc. I realize such motives may sound self serving, as I will probably grow old, get ill, and even possibly die but my health should not be considered as to why I am suggesting such radical redistributation of some funds. The moon will always be there, and alas, so will the ills of human society unless we choose to do somehing about them.

Let's see.

The 2010 budget has 79 billion dollars appropriated to Health and Human Services.

NASA Got 18 billion, and is an agency about to be dessimated in terms of manned space flight, with many thousands of jobs lost, and no program.

How much more did you want?

Let's look at departments that could easily be reduced and / or eliminated to the benefit of all Americans:

Education got 48 BILLION.

Homeland Security got 43 BILLION.

Perhaps you don't realize that the vast majority of today's high tech advances in medical technology have been spawned directly from the paltry sum that the government allots NASA, and that the majority of those innovations were spawned from research into manned space exploration???

The government is never going to fix education. They're responsible for destroying it, in large part.

Poverty has historically been enhanced by funding the entitlement state in which we live...the government hasn't done a thing to fix that, and more spending will make it worse, as we're seeing now.

Homeland Security is a department that doesn't need to exist. The Office of the President has always held that primary Consitutional responsibility, and, if it had it's stuff together, would've gotten together with the FBI, and Justice, and the CIA, NSA and various intelligence agencies and got their acts together to provide the appropriate coordinated support required to insure homeland security.

So how much more NASA money (which returns more per dollar spent than ANY OTHER FEDERAL EXPENDITURE...indeed, it's the only one that MAKES MONEY for the economy)needs to be cut????

How much do we fund medical research, when private enterprise has always been the engine of innovation in America? besides, a great deal of "medical research" is a joke. It's economy driven...and will only promote therapies and treatments that make money, and that's not necessarily those that actually work, especially in the case of degenerative disease.

How many years have we been "fighting cancer"? It's been decades, and nothing has been accomplished, save a coordinated campaign to instill fear in people, and promote the same old treatments and therapies that have been used all along, and which make hundreds of thousands for those who provide them, and kill most of the people who employ them.

And we're no closer today than we were thirty years ago. This is because the actual cures are simple and don't cost alot. Spending more money on medicine is throwing money away.

How much more money did you want?

This thread is about exploration of the Moon, something NASA, and other countries, are doing in spectacular fashion, with extremely limited budgets, and incredible innovation and technological accomplishment in very small packages.

If anything, they should have more...not less. And manned exploration should be fully funded and endorsed, not eliminated.

DONTEATUS

At least our world governments should`nt put Road Block`s in the way of the Far reaching Privet co`s that are willing to Explore!

Lets Get Moon Bound !

Waspie_Dwarf

This thread is about exploration of the Moon,

Exactly, so can we stay on topic please.

Graveyard Hound, feel free to discuss these issues, but please do so in a new thread.

Thank you.