Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your biggest problem is....?

tags

This question is for Non believers who are more than likely more used to writing sceptical, or disparaging comments concerning the Christian religion. However my question is this;

Is there any thing at all about Christianity that is attractive to you, is there any thing at all that makes you say well thats good?

Also if asked for one and only one issue that prevents you from believing what would you say...the biggest reason for you not believing? Please only state one, as I wish to see what issues people give preference to...I realise there may be lots of issues but keep it to one please.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big cheese

• tags

• Immortal Norway

• eden grange

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To me a positive of Christianity would be it gives commonality to many people and in some reinforces the good people are capable of (not to say it’s think it’s the source) that aspect I can’t see any harm in although it can do the opposite too

The flip side of that is Christians believe that it is the source of that good which I find arrogant it is a closed system unable to accept anything that falls out side of its teachings IV found it to be arrogant in its assumptions and narrow minded in its views

I find the ambiguous nature of its text open to any interpretation one wants to fit and at odd with what I see and know of the world around me

I find the ambiguous nature of its text open to any interpretation one wants to fit and at odd with what I see and know of the world around me

What in the text is at odds with the world around you?

The Explanations of how we came to be the reasons we came to be and the fait of what will be your faith offers are contradictory to what I observe and understand around me

The texts state your god created the earth but i see other explanations

that god created man I see other explanations

that god created the heavens i see other explanations

and so on

Edited by Big cheese

This question is for Non believers who are more than likely more used to writing sceptical, or disparaging comments concerning the Christian religion. However my question is this;

Is there any thing at all about Christianity that is attractive to you, is there any thing at all that makes you say well thats good?

Also if asked for one and only one issue that prevents you from believing what would you say...the biggest reason for you not believing? Please only state one, as I wish to see what issues people give preference to...I realise there may be lots of issues but keep it to one please.

Hmmm 1 reason that`s hard! well since I was a child I i never believed in religion so I suppose its just a long seated disbelief

One good thing with the christianity is that The Bible is hell of a good book. ^_^

The pluses on the side of christianity is that it gives comfort to those who believe in it. But then, any organization can do that as well.

It also gives a sense of community to the congreagtion, in smaller churches. By that, I mena that I have seen differences in the personal interaction between big city churches with hundreds of members, and small town churches with smaller populations.

My biggest issue with believing? The concept of a judgemental god who at times, seems more human than god. A god who requires unending praise and adoration.

It may be different in other denominations, but in the RCC there is a line the priest intones saying: "Let us now join in the eternal and everlasting hymn of praise." It always struck me as rather vain and petty that the entire host of heaven should spend eternity telling god how great he is.

Just my opinion, of course, and not meant to disparage others beliefs.

the good thing about religon is its a good model to show you what you aren't...meaning worthless, sinful, seperate from life, violent, intolerant etc etc......It is a good account of what negativity leads too in a human for that its excellent..... :D

On the good side christianity is based somewhat on christ's teachings. Most christians attempt to live by the universel golden rule. ie. "Treat others as you would treat yourself." This is probably the best thign about christianity, even though all its adherents dont necessarily follow that.

The biggest probelm with christianity is multifold. First the belief in a God seperate from his creation sets up a number of problems. Second the concept of sin, ie. the act of somehow being able to disobey and make angry/ control and all powerfull God. ( a pre-requisite for this is seperation) The third is that this lends itself to the exclusive doctrine of Heaven and Hell. Which is by and large a fear based control mechanism. ( a pre-requiste for this is the concpet of sin) There are numerous problems with the concept of Heaven and Hell, chiefely that it would be stagnation.

It goes like this:

Seperation->Sin->Heaven and hell

Christian art is fascinating.

I believe that human blood sacrifice is outdated and wrong, and can't accept the need for Jesus's sacrifice. Mankind passed beyond that level in the time of Abraham.