Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
SpaceyKC

Subliminal messages

SpaceyKC

I hope I have this in the right catagory - but I was wondering if subliminal messages are being used anywhere now, especially with all this technology.  I know they used to do on tv, to get you to buy products, but then it was outlawed.  But I still heard somewhere, recently, that it was legal to put it in music in the stores(to keep people from stealing).  I don't think I'm being too paranoid, but I could swear I've caught instances on tv, I then thought maybe they pulled the commercial, because they hadn't paid for the time slot.  Can anyone confer????

Lori Cordini

:)  I can't confer, but I can concur!  I have to agree on the mind manipulation factors.

1.  look at the beany baby craze -- obvious marketing manipulation.  Most ads do manipulate and control, but the beany baby thing was so blantant!!!

2.  I was involved in a remote viewing project (unwillingly) in the early 1970s and since that time as memories have begun to return (my memory was blocked of all but a few pieces of events that I couldn't fit into my past and haunted me until I could make some sense out of it all, which I have now have done for the most part!)  Anyway, since my memories have begun to come back there is much I see that was controlled, blocked, manipulated and I have to honestly say, even if it sounds hokey, the reason I survived and kept my own mind was and IS, because of my value system.  My belief in unconditional love and serving of others rather than self-serving, etc.  It was so easy to get caught up in the web of distrust, excitement and frenzy of ego enticements!

I also believe that sound manipulation, not songs necessarily, but SOUND, i.e., perhaps akin to the HAARP experiments are responsible for such things as road rage, nerousness, ADHD, etc. not to mentiion the chemicals in our food and enviornment.  However, I believe this sound manipiulation added to the barrage of computer noise, cellular phones, microwaves ETC, are a cause for the heightened rage and mental illness our society is facing.  SOUND I hate noise anymore...and long for solitude much of the time.

-lori

Hmmm

I don't have any solid evidence on the subliminal messaging. But if you wanted to get a point of view across or a message delivered what would be a better way than television.  Considering the amount and time our population spends watching the tube.  Oliver Stone is a master at putting little hidden messages in his movies, you have to be quick to catch a lot of them.  I know he's put messages in Gardens of Stone, JFK, and most recently Any Given Sunday. Neat topic.

Hmmm;)

SpaceyKC

Hmmm, thanks, but how do you know about Oliver Stone's messages, and can you name a few.  I just recently saw Any Given Sunday. I always thought the movie, JFK showed right up front the way Stone really felt about THAT conspiracy.  

Does anyone remember a movie (awhile back) where people had been programmed to do terrorist acts, and something triggered it at different times, and they were people who would never normally do something like that-I think they would call a phone number,get instructions(like they were in a trance). Sorry to go on, it just came to me.:P

Magikman

Norabdawg,

The film you are thinking about is Telefon. It was released in 1977 and starred Charles Bronson, Lee Remick & Donald Pleasence. It was based on an excellant novel of the same name by Walter Wagner. Here's a brief synopsis I copied from the Internet Movie Data Base(IMDB);

This film is simply extronidnary when it comes to action and suspense. Charles Bronson has never looked more better in any other film, he and Lee Remick play very well opposite one another as a Russian KGB Agent and his American counterpart sent out to stop a crazed russian renagade agent from commiting sabotge by triggering 50 human time bombs planted by the Russians years earlier. By doing so he uses a short poem by Robert Frost to hypnotize his intended victims(mostly over the telephone, hence its name). The Director Don Siegal takes a break from the usual cop thrillers he has directed over the years with this foray into the spy genre and it was well worth it. Well staged sabotoge sequences and well staged action, along with great dialogue from the two stars makes this film the most memorable of Bronson's long and distgunsihed career.

Magikman :)

Hmmm

In JFK , Mr. Stone put in many images that can only be seen by going from frame to frame , the majority of the take place around the middle to the last of the film , some of the more notable ones are:  1) A man in a dark suit passes by 3 hoboes being arrested after the shooting, the man then gives a strange hand sign to the hoboes.

2)  As Garrison is questioning O'keefe there is a flashback to a homosexual party.  There appears a full screen subliminal skull, an image of a rat in a cage , and then the image of a skull over Shaw's raised left hand.  These images can only be seen by going from frame to frame.

3)  While a patrolman is testifying in the courtroom , a flashback shows a man in a suit turning toward the camera and giving the Masonic sign of distress which is the palm of the left hand up with the palm of the right hand down across it, he does this several times.  

As I was watching Any Given Sunday last week, I was surprised to see a couple of symbols put into the movie.  During the last game , the Dallas Knights are playing the Miami Sharks.  On the Knights uniform is a red crusader cross which was a symbol of the Templar Knights.  Also, on the back of their helmet is a pyramid which appears to be the all-seeing eye, such as on the reverse of the one dollar bill.  

Hmmm

SpaceyKC

Wow, you guys really did your homework! Thank you, I'm going out and try to find that movie,Telefon, I'd really like to see it again(powerful stuff), where do they get ideas like that?

Nathan Jones

This was before the terrorist attacks of september the 11th which is interesting.

Edited by Nathan Jones

Liquid Gardens

I also believe that sound manipulation, not songs necessarily, but SOUND, i.e., perhaps akin to the HAARP experiments are responsible for such things as road rage, nerousness, ADHD, etc. not to mentiion the chemicals in our food and enviornment. However, I believe this sound manipiulation added to the barrage of computer noise, cellular phones, microwaves ETC, are a cause for the heightened rage and mental illness our society is facing. SOUND I hate noise anymore...and long for solitude much of the time.

-lori

Just curious, is our society actually facing 'heightened rage and mental illness'? Is the percentage of the population who have a mental illness increasing? I'm not necessarily doubting it, but just wondering if there was a study that showed it. We have natural biases that can distort how prevalent certain things in society based on how often we hear about it. A lot of people think that violent crime is significantly worse nowadays, but the rates of violent crimes have actually been steadily decreasing for decades I believe. I'm not sure, but I thought that I'd heard also that the rate of kids being abducted is no different than it has been for decades. What has changed is the vast increase in information available to us and a 24-hour multi-channel news cycle that has to be filled with something, 'news' or not. That bombardment naturally affects our perception of the danger vs the reality of it.

Czero 101

Was it really necessary to resurrect a thread that is

11 years old

?

Start a new one if you want to discuss this topic...

(Nothing personal, LG... I know it was Nathan *snip* Jones that brought this one back from the dead)

Cz

Edited by libstaK
ad hominum remark

Nathan Jones

Was it really necessary to resurrect a thread that is

11 years old

?

Start a new one if you want to discuss this topic...

(Nothing personal, LG... I know it was Nathan *snip* Jones that brought this one back from the dead)

Cz

I didn't mean to ressurect it, I just thought it was interesting that this thread was made before 9/11

Edited by libstaK
ad hominum

libstaK

It's not against the rules specifically to post in old threads, but it can cause confusion amonst the members as we don't always look at the dates of the posts we quote for a response to.

I think that is quite a significant issue in this instance and while we don't close all reopened threads I will be closing this one.

Cheers.