Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would Spinosaurus win a fight with T-Rex?

SG7

Would Spinosaurus win a fight with T-Rex? I think yes.

1. It can uses its fornt claws.

2. Its a littil biger.

3. Just look at it!

Spinosaurus achieved widespread fame as the main antagonist in Jurassic Park III. It is portrayed as larger, more powerful, and more vicious than Tyrannosaurus, epitomized by a scene in which the two resurrected predators battle and Spinosaurus emerges victorious by twisting its opponent's neck.

No such battle could ever have taken place in real life, since Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus lived thousands of miles and tens of millions of years apart.

Aside from the implausibility of the battle itself, it seems unlikely that Spinosaurus could have simply shrugged off a neck bite by Tyrannosaurus, which possessed among the strongest jaws ever known in the animal kingdom.

Spinosaurus did share its habitat with two other theropods that equalled or exceeded T. rex in size: the massive carnosaur Carcharodontosaurus and the large but relatively lightweight abelisaur Deltadromeus.

Although the three gigantic predators probably occupied different ecological niches, they may have occasionally come into conflict over prey or territory.

Spinosaurus

• Like 1

Spinosaurus achieved widespread fame as the main antagonist in Jurassic Park III. It is portrayed as larger, more powerful, and more vicious than Tyrannosaurus, epitomized by a scene in which the two resurrected predators battle and Spinosaurus emerges victorious by twisting its opponent's neck.

No such battle could ever have taken place in real life, since Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus lived thousands of miles and tens of millions of years apart.

Aside from the implausibility of the battle itself, it seems unlikely that Spinosaurus could have simply shrugged off a neck bite by Tyrannosaurus, which possessed among the strongest jaws ever known in the animal kingdom.

Spinosaurus did share its habitat with two other theropods that equalled or exceeded T. rex in size: the massive carnosaur Carcharodontosaurus and the large but relatively lightweight abelisaur Deltadromeus.

Although the three gigantic predators probably occupied different ecological niches, they may have occasionally come into conflict over prey or territory.

Spinosaurus

I know all that Im just saying who would win?

Edited by SG7

well i think t-rex would win. spinosaurus may have the size but t-rex has got the power. t-rex was very heavily built and had very power full jaws. it would be like a rottweiler vs a great dane. the great dane is bigger but the rottweiler is stronger and has very power full jaws like t-rex did. so yah my moneys on t-rex :yes:

• Like 1

2. Its a littil biger.

3. Just look at it!

Spinosaurus was a fish-eater, with long, reletively weak jaws. Tyrannosaurus was smaller and lighter, but much stockier and more muscular, with short, powerful jaws. In fact, pound for pound, tyrannosaurus was a much stronger opponent, with one of the most powerful bites in all of history.

Given that best estimates for dinosaur speed place the two creatures in roughly the same range, I would think that tyrannosaurus would have the advantage. A more intelligent fighter (ie, a human) might be able to take advantage of spinosaurus's greater reach, but in all likelihood, the animals would not be clever enough to do so.

Of course, so little is known about dinosaur behavior that it is next to impossible to judge the outcome, even if the two fighters had ever existed side-by-side in the same environment. However, if bets were being taken, I would probably put my money on the tyrannosaur.

-Pilgrim

T rex cause i love trex.

and Jurassic park got alot of things wrong

speaking of which JP4 is on the way im sure they might do the whole kong thing and have a spino and Trex battle ill pay to see that

• Like 1

speaking of which JP4 is on the way im sure they might do the whole kong thing and have a spino and Trex battle ill pay to see that

really? JP4 is coming out? do you have a link on some info? all i have herd is a bunch off rumors. i would love to see it. :yes:

Yes I've been following it sines the last one came out. Heres a link.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=6038

It said that alot of thing in this one will fix the dinosaurs. Like the V-raptor will be the right size( 2-3 feet tall 6-7 feet long). And it will have fathers. :D

I think we are forgeting the fack that Spinosaurus cood use it fornt claws. I cood grabed the T-rex or cut it.

Yes I've been following it sines the last one came out. Heres a link.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=6038

It said that alot of thing in this one will fix the dinosaurs. Like the V-raptor will be the right size( 2-3 feet tall 6-7 feet long). And it will have fathers. :D

I think we are forgeting the fack that Spinosaurus cood use it fornt claws. I cood grabed the T-rex or cut it.

If spinosaurus grabbed tyrannosaurus, it would have to put itself in a position where tyrannosaurus could employ its match-winning bite. Scratching would not inflict much harm unless a lucky blow was scored against the eyes; even then, tyrannosaur's head structure would ensure that the eyes themselves would probably escape serious damage. The best spinosaurus could hope for is to drive the tyrannosaur off. A kill is probably out of the question against a predator as powerful as that.

-Pilgrim

All spinosaurus would have to do is push T-rex over. Resuach tells us if it falls on it chast( ribes) its ribes would have borkin and it would have die form damge to to it heart and lougns. :geek:

Spinosaurus would win hands-down. Unfourtunatly, the died out about 90 m.y.a., nearly 20 milion years befor the first Tyranosaurus. Eh, T. Rex will always be my personal favorite.

All spinosaurus would have to do is push T-rex over. Resuach tells us if it falls on it chast( ribes) its ribes would have borkin and it would have die form damge to to it heart and lougns

Same goes for ANY large theropod...The fact is, it would be hard to push 9 tones of Tyrannosaurus down...

T-rex would win by its jaws. Think of Tyrannosaurus like a crocodile...What it grabs hold of you, its not letting go.

All spinosaurus would have to do is push T-rex over. Resuach tells us if it falls on it chast( ribes) its ribes would have borkin and it would have die form damge to to it heart and lougns. :geek:

that may be true but like we said t-rex was very strong and heavily built guys like that don't go down easy.

Same goes for ANY large theropod...The fact is, it would be hard to push 9 tones of Tyrannosaurus down...

T-rex would win by its jaws. Think of Tyrannosaurus like a crocodile...What it grabs hold of you, its not letting go.

yeah but spinosauras has the jaws of a crocodile.

Such research is very much in dispute. Personally - and I base this on nothing more than my own (admittedly limited) understanding of biology - the idea that a creature could evolve which would die or become critically injured if it tripped seems more than a little far-fetched.

In addition, spinosaurus did not have much of a mass advantage over tyrannosaurus. It was far larger in tems of height and length, but much more slightly built. Rushing the creature would ensure a protracted grapple, which again puts tyrannosaurus in a position to employ its bite. This is not a strategy I would employ if I were a spinosaurus. In fact, it's exactly what I would do if I were the tyrannosaur, because in close combat, the advantage is mine.

The only hope for the leaner spinosaurus, in my opinion, is a series of darting hit-and-run attacks. It has far greater reach and can afford to nip and snap at the exposed bits. An enraged tyrannosaur could attempt a charge, at which point a quick-witted spinosaurus could swing in and grab hold of the neck. Once it is behind tyrannosaurus, those powerful jaws are rendered useless.

The problem, of course, is that this involves baiting the tyrannosaur into a charge and darting past. This largely depends on the spinosaurus being more clever and probably faster, as well. It must avoid the tyrannosaur's charge. Tyrannosaurus is smaller and stockier, and in this case, that could be an advantage. It can pivot more readily and turn to intercept, which would leave spinosaurus's flank undefended.

Of course, I'm just toying with the concept. In actuality neither predator would be intelligent enough to develop anything resembling a coherent strategy (they were very bright for dinosaurs, but still rather dim compared to modern animals). Furthermore, neither would be interested in a fight to the death, so most likely the match would end with one or the other being driven off.

-Pilgrim

the idea that a creature could evolve which would die or become critically injured if it tripped seems more than a little far-fetched.

:yes:

In actuality neither predator would be intelligent enough to develop anything resembling a coherent strategy

:yes:

In a conflict between a Spinosaurus and a Charcharodontosaurus, it would be more likely that a dinosaur would be scared off...Not attacked.

2. Its a littil biger.

3. Just look at it!

I might be wrong but the Spinosaurus is in fact smaller than a t-rex but made bigger for the movies. Same with the velociraptor, it is only 1 meter tall not the large man sized thing in JP 1, 2 and 3.

I could be wrong but I read it out of this magazine I use to buy years and years ago called "Dinosaurs!"

I might be wrong but the Spinosaurus is in fact smaller than a t-rex but made bigger for the movies

Actually. Spinosaurus is larger than T-rex...We cannot say for sure, but it was probably longer by 5-10 feet.

I might be wrong but the Spinosaurus is in fact smaller than a t-rex but made bigger for the movies. Same with the velociraptor, it is only 1 meter tall not the large man sized thing in JP 1, 2 and 3.

I could be wrong but I read it out of this magazine I use to buy years and years ago called "Dinosaurs!"

Tyrannosaurus is generally estimated to have been in the area of 40 feet long, give or take. Spinosaurus estimates vary wildly, due to the fragmentary nature of the specimens (many of which were destroyed in World War II and thus are not availible for comparison), but it is widely believed to have been roughly 50 feet long on average and may have been upwards of 60 feet.

There was a debate regarding the size of spinosaurus and its possible claim to the title of largest theropod dinosaur in the past few months, which you can read here.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=65295

As for the Jurassic Park films, they are indeed inaccurate, but I have discussed this at length in various other threads, so I will humbly leave the matter at that. :)

-Pilgrim

that may be true but like we said t-rex was very strong and heavily built guys like that don't go down easy.

You all seme to be forgeting that spino was just as poweful. And if it was nock over it cood stop it self with its longer then T-rex's arms. And it cood pick it self up faster.

I just thart of some thing, Spinosaurus ate fish wich mines it "mite of" Been able to swim. what if it attack the T-rex as it was geting a drink of water. Like a croc.

First off that Velociraptor was more likly a Deinonychus. They most likly chaned the names arond. A Velociraptor is ONLY found in asian. Not in the US.

And I look up the two dinosaurs (T-rex and Spinosaurus). I fund it on the www.jpinstitute.com. It tells the truth about the dinos. Not what was in the movies. I look it all up in books so thats how I know thae tell the truth.

Tyrannosaurus rex

Pronounced:tie - Ran - o - Saw - rus

Diet:Carnivore (Meat-Eater)

Name Means:"tyrant lizard"

Length:40 feet (13 m)

Height:16 feet (5 m)

Weight:6 tons (6,000 kilos)

Time:Late Cretaceous - 67 MYA

Spinosaurus

Spinosaurus aegyptiacus

Pronounced:Spy - no - Saw - rus

Diet:Carnivore (Meat-Eater)

Name Means:"spine lizard"

Length:45 feet (15 m)

Height:16 feet (5 m)

Weight:6 tons (6,000 kilos)

Time:Middle Cretaceous - 100 MYA

First off that Velociraptor was more likly a Deinonychus. They most likly chaned the names arond. A Velociraptor is ONLY found in asian. Not in the US.

While the size and body shape are closer to deinonychus, they were indeed intended to be velociraptors. This is taken from the novel, which featured (correctly sized) velociraptors.

As to the question of spinosaurus's arms, I don't think they really enter into the picture much. Though they were longer than tyrannosaurus's they were not long enough to make much of a difference. Spinosaurus still couldn't scratch its chin.

As to the question of a battle at the water's edge...an interesting proposition, and more to spinosaurus's advantage. However, the problem is that crocodiles, even very large crocodiles, are only a couple of feet high. Spinosaurus was, as you pointed out, over 15 feet tall, with a prominent sail. It simply could not hide in shallow or even moderately shallow water. Thus, it could not snatch its opponent by surprise - it would still have to grapple, which again is not to its advantage.

-Pilgrim

Spinosaurus was, as you pointed out, over 15 feet tall, with a prominent sail. It simply could not hide in shallow or even moderately shallow water. Thus, it could not snatch its opponent by surprise - it would still have to grapple, which again is not to its advantage.

-Pilgrim

Well know one ever sead T-rex had brains.

Well know one ever sead T-rex had brains.

Okay, I had a good belly laugh over that one. :tu:

-Pilgrim