Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Debate tournament

Saru

i am reaffirming ,....o.k? alright? let me know

:tu:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AztecInca

• Abecrombie

• Paranoid Android

• Glacies

I'm reaffirming as well.

The eight remaining leaguers have all been sent a pm in regards to joing the first debate tournamnet here on UM.

So far we have had Glacies, Abecrombie, Subtemperate, Paranoid Android and Frogfish all reaffirm their interest in this competition.

Kryso however will be unable to participate so one of our new applicants will take his place.

Once all eight have responded we will either get started immediately with the tournament or fill the vacancies with new applicants. :tu:

Edited by AztecInca

I am reaffirming..So is Subby...as stated earlier in the thread.

Well so far only 6 have responded to either this thread or the pm all leaguers were sent. If I do not recieve any word from the remaining two within 4 days then they will just have to be replaced as we cannot wait forever.

Did you get my PM, aztec? My message tracker still says you haven't read it yet, though you did reaffirm my interest in an earlier post in this thread, if I recall correct.

Yes I have recieved it and read it. I only read it though in the mini-window that appears and gives you the start of the message unless its short enough to fit, which yours was. :tu:

just checking in on the tournament .

AztecInca, Saruman, tiddlyjen and fellow board debate members

i still want in the debate tournament ,.i hope this all works out somehow,.

im interested still ,...put me in

thank you

Abecrombie

Edit: abecrombi when you have questions regarding a debate you are participating in please just ask them through a pm rather than posting them in an active topic. Also this tournament will be going ahead, do not worry about that. :tu:

Edited by AztecInca

There are only a matter of hours remaining before the former leaguers may reapply for this league. If they do not let me know wither via pm or this thread then they will have to be replaced. If this is the case then three new participants will be chosen from either the league or tournament sign-up threads. :tu:

Edit: OK the deadline has now passed and we have 5 former leaguers taking part as well as three new members who will be chosen as quickly as possible. These members will be notified via PM's and once three have confirmed they wish to take part the debates will be set-up.

Edited by AztecInca

Glacies, Abecrombie, Subtemperate, Paranoid Android, Frogfish and AtlantisRises are who we have competing in the debate tournament currently. PM's are being sent out to others who have expressed interest in debating and hopefully the final two positions will be filled quickly. :tu:

Glacies, Abecrombie, Subtemperate, Paranoid Android, Frogfish and AtlantisRises are who we have competing in the debate tournament currently. PM's are being sent out to others who have expressed interest in debating and hopefully the final two positions will be filled quickly. :tu:

Your the bomb AztecInca :yes:

I would just like everyone to please remain patient as we are still trying to fill the remaining two positions. One in fact may be filled but we have not yet recieved full confirmation from this member.

If you do know anyone who is interested please let either myself or tiddlyjen know via a pm. :tu:

We sincerly apologise for the delay.

ME ME me ^_^

Bigfoot_Is_Real we are currently in communication with a number of members to fill the remaining two positions, if none of them can fill the positions then you will be in. :tu:

Ok

I think they haved Pinowawa...PM AztecInca or tiddlyjen. Anyways, welcome to the Debate Tournament! The only bad thing about this is that you'll have to face me :D

yeah watch out for the frog man. frogfish sounds cute but hes a dirty lil tad pole

hee hee :D

i mean that only as a fair warning- froggie your good and of course you know it

Abecrombie :tu:

Edited by Abecrombie

I think they haved Pinowawa...PM AztecInca or tiddlyjen. Anyways, welcome to the Debate Tournament! The only bad thing about this is that you'll have to face me :D

:lol:

^You have indeed been confirmed as the seventh participant in the debate tournament and now we are just after that final participant. We are awaiting on either the confirmation or rejection from a number of members via pm's so hopefully it will not take too much longer. :tu:

I wouldnt mind participating. It would be nice to be able to have an argument without the normal swearing and bashing and name calling.

^Very well Pagan_2K after looking at your posts it does appear that you are an intelligent poster who actually does some research which is essential for a debater. Once I have your confirmation through a pm this tournament can finally be set up.

I have recieved confirmation from Pagan_k and we finally have the eight participants required for the tournament. They include:

Abecrombie

AtlantisRises

Frogfish

Glacies

Pagan_k

Pinowawa1

Subtemperate

Paranoid Android

Over the next couple of days the debate threads will be created and the draw released. The actual debates will not commence until a couple of days after that so you have time to research your topic and to allow for everyone to be contacted about the start of the tournament.

• 2 weeks later...

I must apologise as I have been unable to access the internet for the past 4 or five days but now that I am back the match-ups will be released within 24 hours and the topics released not much later. :tu:

Round 1!

Subtemperate vs Pagan_2K

AtlantisRises vs Pinowawa1

Frogfish vs Abecrombie

Glacies vs Paranoid Android

Another thread will be set up later on with the official tournament fixture designed by the lovely Tiddlyjen.

Edited by AztecInca