Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Debate tournament

Saru

i would like to i wish everyone good luck and

expecially to frogfish on the round one debate

good luk frogfish

even though we all might debate against each other

we are all part of the same team in this debate tournament

Abecrombie

Edited by Abecrombie

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AztecInca

• Abecrombie

• Paranoid Android

• Glacies

well, my blog entry describes my current feelings towards my opponent and the debates in general, however aztec, you spelled my name wrong. not a big issue, i'm not mad, but if you'd be so kind as to fix that, i'd be ever so appreciative. :)

Sorry about that Glacies, it has now been rectified. The debate topics for these debates will hopefully be posted within the next 24 hours as I must confer one last time with tiddlyjen on the final four topics. One I have been waiting months to try out and I am very much looking forward to seeing how the debaters cope with it. :tu:

One I have been waiting months to try out and I am very much looking forward to seeing how the debaters cope with it.

Can't wait Aztec...

We face again, Abercrombie...

{sound of clearing throat...} spssss. its Abecrombie not Abercombie

just for future posts . thanks frogfish at least its capitolized ^_^

as i'd promised, i'm ever so appreciative Aztec, and i look forward to the opening day of debates. i wouldn't mind taking on that doozie of a topic you've been working on...

just for future posts . thanks frogfish at least its capitolized

I just added a 'r' :rolleyes:

Well as you have noticed the debate topics have not yet been posted as I have been struck down by a nasty cold but now I`m nearly better I can see the topics and threads being set up very soon. Sorry for the delay. :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

soooo...anybody hear from aztec? he is still alive i hope...oh well...i can wait for the topics i guess, his health comes first. still i hope for a list of topics sometime soon. anywho, thought i'd wish him well and all.

Aztec posted this yesterday, Glacies:

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions, they are all very good and many will be considered for debate. Secondly I would like to apologise for my abscence as my computer was attacked by a very malicious virus which meant I was unable to access the net for quite some time.

Found in the debate suggestion thread. :tu:

Edited by __Kratos__

Aztec posted this yesterday, Glacies:

Found in the debate suggestion thread. :tu:

ah yes, my good friend valid point...we meet again...a rational man would have searched for such announcements...however a man blinded with a lack of debate topic inspired despair...well that man is a loose cannon...

Again sorry for the delay but now I`m back and hopefully my new anti-virus software will protect my computer for quite some time to come. The debate threads for this tournament will be set up on the weekend and will be opened once confirmation that all participants can still compete is recieved.

I just added a 'r' :rolleyes:

frogfish ,.... can i tease ya a little .. i find your intelligence to be so well secured that i dont

know if we can break the ice ,.. laugh joke a little ,.

yes we do face again ,......jitter chatter,.. tremble ,..jitter , OUCH ! I just bit my lip here

arh arh r "r" get it ? laugh with me partner .lol basicly dont sweat the r thing and anticipating my second run with you a tough competetor im collecting some nervous anxiety :w00t:

you played a good game of whoop { yhee ya donkey butt} .

Can we agree ,.. that serious debate participants ,....such as ourselves,..

are you devolping any anticipated nervousness,... ? talk to me ..

at least answer me this . im looking forward to the challenge im new at debateing basically but strong willed at what passion drivin topics might arise .. so i would like to know . are you human ,.. ? :D take this whole post as a cpmpliment . :yes: you are most likely to be a pro at poker and liars dice,.. i cant seem to grasp your magnificence . i might just kill you with flattery ,.. BE MERICFUL. LOL :blush:

a fly is crying right now ^_^ ....help me help me. :mellow:

Again sorry for the delay but now I`m back and hopefully my new anti-virus software will protect my computer for quite some time to come. The debate threads for this tournament will be set up on the weekend and will be opened once confirmation that all participants can still compete is recieved.

hey AztecInca

let me know what i can do,... if you or tiddlers are backlogged. im always free to help with any obsticles ,.. i think i have a topic for me and froggie we could agree on thats fresh but if your in need of that info to approvew and discuss outside of set boardlines ,i repsect that due to any uneccesay confusion ,.. fresh new debate topics i have some u be the judge and i think they could be helpful ,. im not sure where help is needed, if needed ,just letting both the queen tiddlers and her aztec king {our royalty} that im at you service when in need. to serve for the rights and freedoms of debating . serve to protect the member of debating with differences siding with CHARGE ...... the time is near ? :blush::unsure:

Abecrombie :rofl: c the smiley its how i feel . cheers everyone and prepare to battle . be nice now .. charge. smile too { sounds of the battle horns and bloodscreaming wounded are in the background} im sick huh? i dont mean too be this morbid but i dont do well when waiting anticpating for debating ,... hey ive written five songs about debating want to hearr ha ha :whistle::sk:huh::w00t:

wistle " its how i feel when im singing .LOCK STRAP VOLT. there back gotta go to the funny farm where life is sweet

BE VISUAL HERE K ? call hospital NOW ? stop me from typing sto,..p mmee only because i want frillen in the debates is my heart far from love ,..like shakespear and a romance written in the days of ol. "POW" .

im done for today night ?

just for future posts . thanks frogfish at least its capitolized ^_^

what am i a spelling queen mine is disasterously bad and i cant help it ,.. frogfish i give you permission to let me win ok? so dont feel like you need to win again ? ok? its cool i could win its ok to allow me the points i wont say a word. lol goof. thats me

ALERT ALERT C-SPAN has on now embyonic stem cell research on the tube i must attend my ear to such ramblings . :blink:

frogfish who loves ya baby ???? :D

edit: Abe, pllllllease dont triple post

Edited by tiddlyjen

The debate threads for this tournament will be set up on the weekend and will be opened once confirmation that all participants can still compete is recieved.

YAY! I can't wait! i'm so excited. but uhhh...a minor hitch here...i'm not certain if all the participants will be able to respond to the confirmation pm...some may have shuffled off this mortal coil by now...i'm not too sure how many years PA had left to begin with...anywho...

I'm a little decrepit, Glacies. The rheumatism in my fingers makes typing a chore, the failing eye-sight makes it hard to see what you're writing. But my buttocks are soft and cushion-y, and as long as that is the case, I'm quite comfortable on my rocking chair with sewing needles, or calling my friends over to play bingo :wacko::w00t:

Back in my day,we repected our olders. ;)

Oh, i respect, nay, downright fear PA. can't wait for the debates to start.

Oh, i respect, nay, downright fear PA. can't wait for the debates to start.

It truly will be good to begin the debates at long last.......

Let the tournament commence. :tu:

edit: Abe, pllllllease dont triple post

I love Abe' , I ll try much harder not to do that ok tiddlyjen , im impulsive sometimes ,..dont mean to be. Ill be careful Thanks tiddly

Abe' aka you know the rest . ;)

my lil ol kitties are wandering where frogfish is hiding,.. there afraid of his powerful mightyness and they dont want to be lunch or something ...meow ,..when will he appear,. ?

help me hide them ,.....lol {hence avatar} cute cats huh?

good luck my frogfish ,... as you said before " we face again .."..

Abecrombie - prepareing for a fair but good argument to debate ,..so remeber dont be too late...finaly we can use the debate forums again. yuppee .

Edited by Abecrombie

• 2 weeks later...

The tournament is getting off to rather a slow start, we're still waiting for introductory posts from five of our participants.

I've sent out reminder messages to those taking part, if you signed up for the tournament now is the time to get posting. The tournament debates are of the same format as our normal debates, instructions for each debate is included in the opening posts.

If you have any questions let me know, and good luck. :tu:

honestly folks, while i'm sure PA and i could have quite the tournament, just himself and me, but where'd the fun be in that? start posting!

Yes, particularly you Pinowawa, we have got one of the best questions to debate from both sides and yet you are ignoring it, so so sad.