Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Debate tournament

Saru

Yes, particularly you Pinowawa, we have got one of the best questions to debate from both sides and yet you are ignoring it, so so sad.

He's not ignoring it, he doesn't know about it till he logs in next time to read my PM I sent (cause I saw him in there). He was posting in the forum archieves lately for the debate tourney, so he was just in the wrong area.

edit: Just noticed my butchering of the english language. :P

Edited by __Kratos__

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AztecInca

• Abecrombie

• Paranoid Android

• Glacies

Whaddaya say, Glacies - think we can finish our debate before Pinowawa, Pagan 2K, Subby, Frogfish or Abecrombie even start? :rofl:

Hey, I'm in India :P Don't have the time....That's why I have an extension.

Right, I have returned and although my internet wont be back up to pace until next month I can still slowly.......so very slowly check out whats going on.

As I`m sure you have noticed I have been absent for quite some time due to more computer issues. I shall strive to stop them from returning and stick around. :tu:

Edited by AztecInca

Hey, I'm in India :P Don't have the time....That's why I have an extension.

I like the avatar and the sig much better than the previous ones.

Abecrombie :tu:

its time to transform fish to frog and jump on over back to

the debates . :D

Glacies :o:cry: We had such a good debate going as well, I thought. What's going to happen now?

Can I just clear something up,

I apologise for not replying to the 'Nature Vs. Nurture' debate. No, I was not ignoring anything, I have been abroad 3 times this summer in the span of two months.

I am sorry that I have not devoted much time to the debate. Anyway, Im back now, I got home late last night and Im ready to post my first bulk of arguement... but now I see it has been cancelled, can Saruman resume it?

Edited by Pinowawa1

not at this stage pinowawa1, the debates from the normal debates section have been archived as there was little activity there and we'd really like to focus on getting the debates tournement going.

Its been a very slow start I apologise for this as it was partly due to my inactivity on the board, however now we should hopefully be able to get things going again...

:tu::wub:

Jen xoxo

Pinowawa1 as you have been unable to post in your tournament debate due to your above stated reasons we will allow you to post as soon as you can without any point deductions. In relation to your other debate once this tournament is over another season of debates will hopefully be opened and said debate can be restarted.

It is with much sadness that I must inform the remaining tournament participants that the debate tournament is to be called off. Frogfish's departure leaves us with only four remaining participants who have posted and are willing to continue. Saruman suggested we allow the debates to be finished but as from each debate one particpant has either pulled out or not bothered to post we are unable to even do that. I wish it were not so but sadly it is.

Regards, Aztec.

That must mean one thing,... " ABECROMBIE WINS BY DEFAULT......and FROGFISH DID NOT WIN.

frog to fish , why did you swim away ? It was supposed to be fish to frog ,..jump back into the debate remember?

Ill actually miss you frogfish. :cry:

May i suggest something to the forum leaders here as well as the boss .

I feel that it is in the best interest to keep whatever debates we have alive in all due repect,... and in fairness.

Please take into consideration the four that have remained here. Doesn't that account for something ? anything?

My time is valuable and isn't there any chance of compromise with the remaining persons left debating. If all four agree to ...., that is {PLAY IT OUT } finish this tournament season 2006 ,. point deductions and all , then I'm in .

The whole point in the debaters eye is winning ,...so deduct points from frogfish as the rules state { over required time ] and the same with whomever else that has pulled out of the debates and let it play out till there is one winner., and thus the tournament is over for this season 2006 . Everyone knew the requirements and the rules - the seriousness too.

Why should members that are serious to win be left with time lost ,.. disappointment and

a constant changing of why change is occurring .

I say give us a chance we deserve { ill speak for myself} and if others here left agree, it will end all the sooner.

If rules are posted by SaRuMaN , and the Mod Leaders , to be followed, and they are not

stick to the rule book. Basically I win this round by default and the other debates , how ever and whomever wins we go on till the very end.

Perhaps the remaining ones at present , including myself, {duh :P } can enhance the board with some fresh ideas if they want to or . become more open to some suggestions by the serious posters here in the debates. yes, like myself.

POSTS CAN BE WITHIN 3 DAYS instead of 7 until points are decucted.

thats one idea

Maybe a different approach to how the debate forum is shown with words as a advertising method. DRAWING NEW COMERS IN :passifier:

Simplify the rules regulations ,... what the reward would be for them to even involve their time with the debates. the benefits have to weigh out the effort and time for them.

thats another idea

Perhaps if they win a extra 200-500 posts will be added onto their card.or defining what a debate is . keeping the time short in between the posting requirements . :tu:

having the readers of the debate leages or tournament poll their vote . foe fun or to see what the audience is thinking { in advertising we call it field research }

having the votes on a thread against the final judges thoughts in there decision.

remember there are allot of young viewers and all cloth that is sewn together is first attached through the eye of the needle as the THREAD is now secure. A shirt is now born .

the debate forum is a important way to observe your members here and the intelligence :geek:

as well as personality . its like working a job and your employer is great but most of the co- workers are difficult and uneasy. would you stay at that job if there was another better more enjoyable one awaiting? a vast variation of people are needed for every aspect in a functioning system of people .

If this post Doesn't make those who are left here motivated to continue on with the tournament ,..I don't know what will. I feel it is because of the ones that are not serious ,...this debate thing has constantly changed in altercating there commitment. Rules and regulations MUST STICK FIRMLY WITHOUT ANY SLIPPING because through my experience here thus far in the debate forum ....you'll keep downsizing involuntarily from the previous statement as the cause.

Its almost like the intern that took the wrong turn therefore the patient dies. :unsure:

I wish all involved actively will re-consider and realize that members like me are

willing to debate , that means commitment, will become discouraged and who will really miss out? you , me, the younger or others who could really gain something from reading or being exposed to a debate forum for the first time. members that have intelligent energy will perhaps go elsewhere and possibly this website will jeopardize the audience by attracting one type . <_<

I'm just throwing seeds out there,..perhaps they will take root,.

give me, us ,them ,the site, a breathing chance , don't give up on the debaters here who thrive on this monkey poop {s***}!

Hopefully to become hopeful,

Abecromie.........and Zombiedog { whimper herr murr yelp whimper rhwufff}

:o

Four people from four different debates pulled out. Doesn't that mean the rest win by default? Doesn't taht mean the remaining four play off in the semi-finals?

Edited by Paranoid Android

I'm sorry...Too much stuff going on. Overload at work, School starting, tests...

:no:

I'm sorry...Too much stuff going on. Overload at work, School starting, tests...

:no:

:blush:

Its ok froggie,. :cry: ....Ill still miss ya .{NOT} :w00t: . just a joke i can use a little breather from your intense reptillian brain vibe man.lol :D

Come back when you can debate. ;)

we need you here ,so dont leave for good ..ok?

By the way have fun in school,. wizz through those tests ,and pass of course.

:tu:

Your weird, co- memeber, :innocent: and fellow debater

Abecrombie

Let the remaining four advance to the semi-finals.

That i believe would be best, let those who did not participate be reprimanded.

Then we cdan continue until i win the Grandfinal.

Or you could just give me the medal to save time.

Well if Subtemperate agree's to this then I do not see any reason why the remaining four cannot progress to the semi-final's. I will have to consult with Saruman first but I do not forsee any problems with allowing this to continue. You are each the remaining participants from each debate and should win by default, hence progression to the next round.

Abecrombie in regards to your suggestions for rule changes many of those you mentioned have been considered by not only the debate organisers but Saruman himself. If a new season of debates is opened then the rules and regulations of the debates board will be reviewed and changes made if necessary.

Edited by AztecInca

Well if Subtemperate agree's to this then I do not see any reason why the remaining four cannot progress to the semi-final's. I will have to consult with Saruman first but I do not forsee any problems with allowing this to continue. You are each the remaining participants from each debate and should win by default, hence progression to the next round.

Abecrombie in regards to your suggestions for rule changes many of those you mentioned have been considered by not only the debate organisers but Saruman himself. If a new season of debates is opened then the rules and regulations of the debates board will be reviewed and changed made if necessary.

Thank you AztecInca,.. thats GOOD to know .

Abecrombie :)

If I agree huh? *awaits his payment in gold*

It doesn't bother me, go ahead :)

looks like us four are all in agreement.

im ready for round two

Glad we are still into this tournament.

So upfront may I thank :tu:

Paranoid Android

Altlantisrises

Subtemperate

and myself as well as Debate forum leaders , organizers, judges and who else but SaRuMaN

WE AWAIT THE NEXT ASSIGNMENT OF TOPICS :geek:

Gook Luck for us four in the debates

Abecrombie :D

yes, go go go

We want debates. now, now, now

good now that thats out of my system i am ready for a nice grownuip debate.

yes, go go go

We want debates. now, now, now

good now that thats out of my system i am ready for a nice grownuip debate.

cute :P you forgot the,.. pant,... pant,.. pant, But thats ok, cause I actualy heard it.

lol :tu:

Abecrombie

check out the smilely balanceing the other smiley on his thumb ! :w00t:

Edited by Abecrombie

Before the topics are finalised I thought I would release the match-ups so you can size up your competition. :tu:

Paranoid Android vs Abecrombie

Subtemperate vs AtlantisRises

Thanks Aztec. Best of luck to Abecrombie :tu:

And also to Subby and AtlantisRises, one of whom I'll have to face in the Final :D

Edited by Paranoid Android

Thanks Aztec. Best of luck to Abecrombie :tu:

And also to Subby and AtlantisRises, one of whom I'll have to face in the Final :D

I look forward to it PA :P