Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

David Blaine is "drowned alive"

UM-Bot

Image credit: James Spector
Image credit: James Spector
Magician David Blaine has been buried alive for seven days, frozen for 61 hours, perched 90 feet up on a pole for 35 hours, and suspended for 44 days. Now, he has been submerged in a human aquarium and plans to stay there for a week. "My system is completely empty," he said before being submerged.

"So that way in the sphere I don't have to use the bathroom. I have a catheter in case I have to do No. 1, but I don't intend on doing anything else.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: ABC News

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheLikeness

• Raptor

• colorless

• DeathBringer

Can somebody please explain to me how this, not to mention MOST of what David Blaine does, is considered magic?

Guest Lottie

^^ I can't sorry! :D To me its more like a death wish or ego trip. This man is nuts what I want to know is Why why why do stuff like this?

Can somebody please explain to me how this, not to mention MOST of what David Blaine does, is considered magic?

I dont think it is, he doesnt do anything... plus i think he's not to tightly wrapped either. besides, it'd be funny to eat infront of him and shout how nice it is to be dry, :lol:

Edited by Leliel

He's strayed away from simple magic tricks to performing larger feats with more publicity. He's basically a performer and that's it.

Edited by LiQuiD_FuSioN

This man is nuts what I want to know is Why why why do stuff like this?

fame...

still, I would like to see him sh** the aquarium lol

"My system is completely empty," he said before being submerged. "So that way in the sphere I don't have to use the bathroom. I have a catheter in case I have to do No. 1, but I don't intend on doing anything else."

I'm still having trouble getting over the fact that a 33 y/o man refers to takin' a pee as doing No. 1.

He did street magic years ago, don't know if he still does it anymore. I loved seeing his ABC special 'David Blaine: Street Magic'.

Houdini didn't always do "magic" tricks. I remember him being an escape artist, and a general performer.

I think he does it to show the extremes of the human body and mind. I'd like to see anyone else do the things he does. I think it's more amazing than doing a "magic" trick. He's doing something real and very strenuous.

I'll give him props.

Peace

He's nuts. He was on GMTV once and didn't say a word for the whole interview. He was just like "Alright?", "Yeah?", "O.K"

I am one of thous people who did not take care of my self when I was younger. Now at 52 years all the breaks and bumps I shrugged off when a young man haunt me every day.

It will be interesting to see the long term effects of these extreme stunts to Mr. Blaine when he is older. :blink:

I thought this guy was dead... Oh well what does it matter hes out of his mind anyway :wacko:

He's nuts. He was on GMTV once and didn't say a word for the whole interview. He was just like "Alright?", "Yeah?", "O.K"

haha, and with the hand-eye thing :w00t: "it means protection" :lol:

lots of disdain for Blaine from a lot of people here, and I don't understand why.

The guy does what he does for a very important reason. Read his book or at least spend 10 minutes of your busy internet-surfing schedule to google the guy and see for yourself.

What the hell is he thinking of getting from this...crazed loon

Personally, I think it's a silly stunt but it should be fun watching him escape.

This is weird I don't see how this is all possible....

Also Why Would Anyone want to do that!

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? THIS GUY IS A DAREDEVIL, HE PROVIDES US WITH ENTERTAINMENT. HE DOES WHAT FEW OTHERS CAN AND YOU RAG ON HIM? WHY? IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DONT SAY ANYTHING! hmm... caps lock...

OK , I took ten minutes to look David Blaine up. Being voted the 2003 Biggest Looser for one of his stunts still does not impress me!

I , like most just don't get it apparently. Sorry!

When I saw the headline, these were my thoughts, in this order:

1. David Blaine drowned? Hooray!

2. Oh, there are quotes around it. It's just a stunt.

3. "Drowned alive?" Is there any other kind of drowned? What use is it to drown a dead person?

4. David Blaine is stupid.

His mind is so strong and his belief in spirtuality, what is he proving? to me he is proving that one can do incrediable things when they set their mind to it, but that a lot goes into what he does do.

I feel awful for his wife and family/freinds, I recall when he was in a block of ice and he was in serious pain nad I think he was hospitalized, do any of you recall that it tok place in NY. I think he gets a lot of money out of it and I think he is competing in a way with Chris Angel, an unique person too.

Blaine gets paid millions for each of his ABC specials.

Tests of human endurance is what does for, again, a very important

reason. Look it up if you really want to know what it is.

simply, this guy enjoys doing what he does and gets paid loads of $$$

If anything, Blaine is a smart self-promotor (which is how he landed a contract with ABC in the first place). Personally, I admire the dude for what he has done in the face of so many of life's obstacles.

And I dont understand why people ragg on him, especially on this board.

Seriously, if you dont "understand" why he is doing this (and really not turning into a green eyed monster) then thats fine. Many people wouldn't understand what he does anyway. But don't get all negative.

It only ends up making you look bad and really childish.

What a derk... conrgatulations David Blaine! You've turned your foney stories into your very own phenomenon! Wiza!