Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

David Blaine is "drowned alive"

UM-Bot

lol i love it how someone like david blam makes people so gullible. Every magic trick is fake. this is one of them. I'm guessing where the black part is there is air, or at night. His other stunts he was known for using a body double. this will be just the same crap.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheLikeness

• Raptor

• colorless

• DeathBringer

What the hell is he thinking of getting from this...crazed loon

About $5 million more than the rest of us.

lol i love it how someone like david blam makes people so gullible. Every magic trick is fake. this is one of them. I'm guessing where the black part is there is air, or at night. His other stunts he was known for using a body double. this will be just the same crap.

He has air the whole time, until he escapes at the end anyway. At least read before criticising.

He has air the whole time, until he escapes at the end anyway. At least read before criticising.

Lol I dont need to read it to have a valued judgment :P . Lmao it's a magic trick for crying out loud. Anyone who believes he is real needs to get there head checked.

/bump

This is just getting annoying :lol:. He isn't doin' any magic lately, juss trying to break records. I mean magic imply's the act of creating an illusion. If that's the case with this, he's only making a fool of himself.

Edited by Scorpius

The point I was trying to convey in my opening comment was that David Blaine doesn't do anything anymore that resembles what most people would call "magic." He performs feats that test both his physical and mental limits. Is this "magic?" No. Why then is he still referred to as "the Magician" David Blaine? Yes, it is true that Houdini also performed escape attempts (which eventually led to his death), but he also performed magic tricks every now and then. If Blaine is going to do an escape attempt from an underwater sphere, cool. I can do without the encasement in ice while being buried alive in an aquarium sphere, thanks.

What? It clearly says he has an oxygen supply.

Lol I dont need to read it to have a valued judgment :P

Well if you aren't going to read, at least perhaps thinking could come in handy?

. Lmao it's a magic trick for crying out loud.

No, it's not. It's a stunt.

Can somebody please explain to me how this, not to mention MOST of what David Blaine does, is considered magic?

In the entire article there is not even any mention of the word 'magic', do you know why? Because it isn't intended to be magic.

When I saw the headline, these were my thoughts, in this order:

1. David Blaine drowned? Hooray!

2. Oh, there are quotes around it. It's just a stunt.

3. "Drowned alive?" Is there any other kind of drowned? What use is it to drown a dead person?

4. David Blaine is stupid.

Hypocrit.

Edited by Raptor X7

I'm slamming him for the phrase "drowned alive." How else is a person drowned? Dead?

drown Listen: [ droun ]

v. drowned, drown·ing, drowns

v. tr.

1. To kill by submerging and suffocating in water or another liquid.

2. To drench thoroughly or cover with or as if with a liquid.

:hmm:

They should put some goldfish in there, to keep him company.

The fact is he can not pull this off without doing a trick. In ALL his other attempts/feats he used body doubles/had an air supply and various forms of other trickery. This pathetic person should not be considered real in anyway shape or form.

drown Listen: [ droun ]

v. drowned, drown·ing, drowns

v. tr.

1. To kill by submerging and suffocating in water or another liquid.

2. To drench thoroughly or cover with or as if with a liquid.

Riiiight, I'm sure they meant he was just "drenched" or "covered" with a "liquid," because that's such a daredevil stunt! So every football coach who wins a big game is likewise "drowned alive!" OMG they threw a bucket of Gatorade on him! What next? Will he be SMOTHERED ALIVE.... with delicious grilled onions?

Because technically, you know, that would be "smothered."

What a lame defense of this most annoying of all headline whores.

Tip: A dictionary contains information, but you need brains to use it.

I just think this is fake and a illusion, i mean magis is an act of illusion and a illusion is the condition of being deceived by a false perception or belief.

What your body and brain need first and foremost to survive is an element that is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas. Oxygen. It has always been free for the breathing. If the brain is without oxygen for more than a few minutes there will be severe brain damage or death.

The brain, which is the body's single largest consumer of oxygen. Although the brain represents only about 2% of the body's weight, it utilizes about 20% of the body's oxygen. As a result, the brain is especially sensitive to hypoxia. After about 4 to 6 minutes without oxygen, large numbers of brain cells begin to die. Prolonged hypoxia (e.g. suffocation) results in death.

Shorter intervals of hypoxia may result in lesser degrees of brain damage. The effects of hypoxia are especially severe in the hippocampus. Individuals who survive an hypoxic episode often sustain hippocampal damage and anterograde amnesia.

Cheers

BZRK

mnwolfman wrote:

Can somebody please explain to me how this, not to mention MOST of what David Blaine does, is considered magic?

Raptor X7 wrote:

In the entire article there is not even any mention of the word 'magic', do you know why? Because it isn't intended to be magic.

Raptor X7:

"Magic" is mentioned...in the FIRST WORD OF THE ARTICLE, where it says, "Magician David Blaine..."

Riiiight, I'm sure they meant he was just "drenched" or "covered" with a "liquid," because that's such a daredevil stunt! So every football coach who wins a big game is likewise "drowned alive!" OMG they threw a bucket of Gatorade on him! What next? Will he be SMOTHERED ALIVE.... with delicious grilled onions?

:rolleyes:

I hope you're not serious. The fact is, they used the word in the correct context.

"Magic" is mentioned...in the FIRST WORD OF THE ARTICLE, where it says, "Magician David Blaine..."

That's because being a magician has become his trademark, no matter what he does I doubt he'll ever lose that title. It has no relevance to the article.

Edited by Raptor X7

:rolleyes:

I hope you're not serious. The fact is, they used the word in the correct context.

That's because being a magician has become his trademark, no matter what he does I doubt he'll ever lose that title. It has no relevance to the article.

From the pics of his hands all wrinkly I truly wonder if this is in fact, real, or at least partially. I understand he places a sheet over the ball occasionally

I just think it's crazy because I do not scientifically know what can happen to a person being submerged that long, but I would imagine the skin would split and begin to rot or something

How is it that some people still don't understand that he has an OXYGEN SUPPLY. He is not holding his breath for days on end...

yeah being submerged that long has got to do something to the skin I'd think.

It's a stunt, performed by a magician. That doesn't mean it's a trick, but it could be. We won't know that... what "magician" ISN'T mostly hype? They hype themselves on stage to pull off most of their tricks.

I thought it was stupid myself (especially the title), until reading the derogatory comments here. Now I've got to give the man props. I've been to his site. Something wrong with performance art?

At the end of the stunt, he will try to hold his breath for a record. Being submerged this long might acclimate him to doing that, and shattering the records. He has a breathing tube, and is being fed during this time. It's up front, he's not hiding it. That's not part of the stunt... although... it still must be pretty difficult to do...

I thought Houdini died by being punched in the stomach?

"Archectect Danny Browny will now attempt to use a hoolahoop" What does being an archetect have to do with doing a hoolahoop? Same thing with Magician David Blane.

Don't try this at home.

I thought Houdini died by being punched in the stomach?

You're right. He used to perform a 'trick' where he could withstand any punch to the stomach by tensing his abdominal muscles, however one time when he performed this he was hit several times without preparing himself. That ended up rupturing his appendix, which killed him.

This man definetly is *NUTS*!! For one we don't have the tough skin and scales that fish and sea life does. We have sensative thin outlayered skin. Staying under water with the salt and all then-this could hurt him now or later in life.