Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

David Blaine is "drowned alive"

73 posts in this topic

licata1708

This man definetly is *NUTS*!! For one we don't have the tough skin and scales that fish and sea life does. We have sensative thin outlayered skin. Staying under water with the salt and all then-this could hurt him now or later in life.

I can't imagine he is not going to come out of this seriously damaged. He most likely will have to go straight to the hospital again and stay inside for six months cause he won't be able to be exposed to the elements

starlitkate

I can't imagine he is not going to come out of this seriously damaged. He most likely will have to go straight to the hospital again and stay inside for six months cause he won't be able to be exposed to the elements

:blink: Exactly what I said. I said he would be harmed now or later in life. So you contradicted what you just said.

enslavedbydragons

Man, I feel bad for Blaine. He didn't make it past 7 minutes. He looked like he was having a seizure when he was choking. But at least he tried, that's the good thing about it.

smallpackage

I think he could have done it if he didn't pull off that 'living underwater' stunt beforehand. Big mistake.

licata1708

:blink: Exactly what I said. I said he would be harmed now or later in life. So you contradicted what you just said.

I was agreeing with you a bit but don't understand how I was contradicting myself after seeing the latest pics of his hands and feet :P

Robert1

I saw the show last night and was disappointed that he didn't break the record.

But like I said, it was fun watching him try. Oh well, better luck next time. :devil:

colorless

He wasn't actually holding his breath. He's a magician, not a stuntman. All his stunts have some kind of gimmick behind them. By failing to break the record, he made people think he was actually holding his breath. If he did break the record, people would be saying things along the lines of, "No one can hold their breath for that long. He clearly cheated."

TheLikeness

^^^hater^^^

colorless

Maybe if I was actually demeaning Blaine, I could be considered a "hater." I was simply pointing out that what he was doing is actually more of a trick than a stunt.

I have utmost respect for David Blaine. He completely changed the outlook of magic, and he's what inspired me to get started with street magic, but we all know that his stunts aren't 100% clean.

joc

Maybe if I was actually demeaning Blaine, I could be considered a "hater." I was simply pointing out that what he was doing is actually more of a trick than a stunt.

I have utmost respect for David Blaine. He completely changed the outlook of magic, and he's what inspired me to get started with street magic, but we all know that his stunts aren't 100% clean.

So.....how do you know he wasn't holding his breath? He supposedly trained a lot for this and there really is a record for 8:58 isn't there?

I do think it is strange however that if you were attempting to break that kind of record that you would do so with the addition of having to undo yourself from chains and handcuffs which would obviously reduce one's chances of succeeding tremendously.

colorless

He inhaled compressed air or pure oxygen. This allows a person to be underwater for longer. People can last underwater for over 15 minutes on pure oxygen.

People brought into the idea if he doesn’t stay underwater for nine minutes he will die. But why would ABC risk having someone die on live television? Because it was staged.

If he was to pass the record and wanted it to count, he would have to do it again in front of the AIDA, who would carefully inspect him to make sure he wouldn't cheat. (Read this.)

He also failed on purpose because it convinces the skeptics. Now all the doubters are thinking, "wow, I guess this guy is for real after all."

The fact is he's an entertainer, and a very good one.

Also, I don't know how he did it, but I'm pretty sure he's not in the tank the entire time. Why wasn't the tank square? A round tank distorts perception. And there is no way he could have stayed in there for that long without losing a lot of skin. When he emerged from the tank, he was looking pretty ripped still. After a few days of absorbing water, muscle mass should start decreasing, and by the end, he should have been down to muscle tissue.

TheLikeness

He inhaled compressed air or pure oxygen. This allows a person to be underwater for longer. People can last underwater for over 15 minutes on pure oxygen.

where did you get this information?

Also, I don't know how he did it, but I'm pretty sure he's not in the tank the entire time. Why wasn't the tank square? A round tank distorts perception. And there is no way he could have stayed in there for that long without losing a lot of skin. When he emerged from the tank, he was looking pretty ripped still. After a few days of absorbing water, muscle mass should start decreasing, and by the end, he should have been down to muscle tissue.

I square tank would also distort perception. It is water that bends light, thus distort...

He trained for many months for this one stunt. He got in shape for it. Seven days isn't anything, really. Also, the water contained an isotonic saline solution that helped prevent skin degradation which was said/ known since the very beginning.

and look at this: http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/en/...HNlYwNzc25hdg--

And why on earth would you think that the "water" would cause muscle mass to decrease and where did you get the idea that his skin would have been completely dissolved after only seven days?

last thing, the tank was open to the public the entire time. And if you feel inclined to do so, look up pictures of the area and you will see that there is no way a "second person" could've hid anywhere.

TinaMarie

I think he's nuts but whatever.. :wacko: I'd rather see the statue of liberty disappear... :sleepy: . Every time i see him in a interview he looks like he just smoked a doobie.. :P (nothing wrong with that!) :st

joc

If he was to pass the record and wanted it to count, he would have to do it again in front of the AIDA, who would carefully inspect him to make sure he wouldn't cheat. (Read this.)

:tu:

SureFire

I for one am glad to see that he failed this stunt, I have never liked him or anything he has done. <_<

Mike8272

He failed ah wel;l suppose he'll do some other carzy stunt some other time

Bosanchero

omg if anyone seriouslly needs to get life its THIS GUY, WTF ????????????

I AM IN A BOX AND I AM NOT GOING TO EAT.... like Cris Rcok said he needs to stop making fun of hobos and people in projects man,

what is wrong with these TRICKLESS magicians these days, and america for that matter, stop watching this BULLSH*T, its stupid and pointless,

Blaine is little retarded kid that loves to be in center of attention and rip people of while hes at it, he should be put down, or sent to mental clinic, people there would really relate to him :)

Mr Black

This dude has a warped view of how to get around boredum!

Blainy just go downt pub mate...............and for goodness sake lighten up!

Mike8272

Well i think he does it because he thinks people look up to him and respect him

TheLikeness

he does it for the same reasons you do the things that you are passionate about.

Roxie

The stupid thing is that David Blaine is a really good magician, he just goes and ruins it by pulling ridiculous stunts like this, and then everyone forgets the fantastic street magic and illusions he does.

Of course that could be the key in all this. The guy's an illusionist...Maybe it's all a bloody illusion.

Honestly. You don't see Derren Brwon doing silly things like locking himself in a box or standing on top of a pillar... :rolleyes:

dora

What the hell is he thinking of getting from this...crazed loon

that guy sure is nuts

InsanePunk22

Death in the palm of his hands.

i love david blaine.

crazzzzzzzzzzzzzy