Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone catch Ghost Hunters last night?

DamienPriest

Did anyone see last night's new episode of Ghost Hunters? They were investigating the St. Augustine Light House which is the 8th tallest Lighthouse in the entire U.S. Last nights episode was awesome because they caught some great video footage of a haunting in the huge tower. As Jason and Grant were investigating, they hears full conversation EVP's, and saw Shadow Figures. These figured literally stared at them as they looked up at it and it looked down on them. It was creepy! It sent the hair on the back of my neck straight up! What made it creepy was it bent over the railing on the stairway and stared at them. After their experience they sent Brian and Dustin into the Tower to experience it themselves.

They too saw the same thing and this time a full body of a Ghost, and this time it was walking down the steps of the tower towards them and made them freeze in fright.

It was awesome footage... the best they caught to date in their new season.

What did you guys think?

Matt

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Acenaspheru

• DamienPriest

• crouton

• Spiro007

Hi,

I love TAPS, is this the one you are speaking of? Could you give the times and channel this program is on? I love watching this sort of programs...

Tammy:)

I missed this one...

freaking work :rolleyes: I hope to catch the re-run tho :D

---

It comes on the scifi-channel here, which is 32...I'm sure it is different in your location :yes:

Excellent episode. Truly creeped me out. The best part, however, was my staunch, Bible belting, 'ghosts, aliens, bigfoot, the thing in the closet, anything not in the Bible doesn't exist' mother could only say 'Wow' after seeing the footage of the thing in the lighthouse.

Down with small mindedness!

I was surprised and interested in the use of Geiger Counters as a device for locating Spirit presences. It will be interesting to see if these devices are as useful as EMF meters .

This episode was good. A pity the height of the tower made using wireless audio unavailable for the top of the stairs. It would have been nice to record the "Conversations" they thought they heard from the top.

A return visit in indicated! :tu:

I saw the show last night and I thought it was great. The lighthouse is definately

worth visiting again. The images of the shodow people on the video tape really

freaked me out. That is exactly the kind of thing I expect to see when I demand

to be shown evidence of a haunting. It's to bad they couldn't get the audio recorders

to work properly. I would've loved to have heared the ghostly conversations. It's a

pity that they don't get evidence like this from all their investigations. But it is

evidence like this that makes the show worth watching. :tu:

For Spiro007, you can see the show on Wednesday night at 9PM on the Sci-Fi

channel. :)

i am an avid ghost hunters watcher, and last night was awesome!

oh and by the way...about this...

They too saw the same thing and this time a full body of a Ghost, and this time it was walking down the steps of the tower towards them and made them freeze in fright.

they didnt see a 'full body' apparition, supposedly he said it was either just the torso, or the arm/shoulder/head apparition.

I've been there before. No one will tell you it's haunted unless you ask. They didn't show it and I'm surprised at this, but where Steve and them heard voices in the house, there are two weird "rooms" for lack of a better word, that are blocked up to the waist on one side, and chest to the other. Steve was actually looking into one of them. well on the other side is the one that's to the waist. When I took the tour we stopped at that spot and the guide woman was explaining that they weren't sure what these rooms were used for. While we were standing there it felt like i was being watched from the shorter one. While i didn't see anything, there was definatly something there. About a year later I was watching a tv show *coincidentally also called Ghost Hunters, though not nearly as professional and a local group* investigated that light house and in the one where I felt like I was being watched, their mostion detectors were set off for no reason at all. I didn't know anyone had actually reported anything like that until I saw that show, so it's interesting that TAPS was able to get something in that area. Now seeing it investigated by a reliable group and actually getting something, I think I want to go back and do a little investigating of my own.

stupid sci-fi and their sounds durring the whole thing though! I kept hearing three or four people talking while Jason and Grant were on the stairs but I couldn't tell if I was actually hearing what they were or if it was layered into the creepy music. :angry2:

This was by far the best episode of GH! The footage was clear and convincing. I hope they return and do further investigation.

TAPS

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/

Sean

Edited by seanph

Yes, I really like Ghost Hunters/Taps too. But I wish they would leave out the music when they're doing the investigation. I know it adds 'atmosphere', but it makes it really hard for us, the viewers, to possibly hear what they're hearing. And last night, it really bugged me that every time Jason, Grant, Brian, or Dustin exclaimed about seeing something, the cameraman had just moved the camera and all we see is their reaction to the event. Poor Brian, having to climb the lighthouse all those times! I wonder if they were winding him up! He took it well, though. And Steve! Facing his fear of heights! What a man!

At least we got to see some weird stuff that the cameras they set up caught. That was cool.

'Help me!' :o

Yes, I really like Ghost Hunters/Taps too. But I wish they would leave out the music when they're doing the investigation. I know it adds 'atmosphere', but it makes it really hard for us, the viewers, to possibly hear what they're hearing. And last night, it really bugged me that every time Jason, Grant, Brian, or Dustin exclaimed about seeing something, the cameraman had just moved the camera and all we see is their reaction to the event. Poor Brian, having to climb the lighthouse all those times! I wonder if they were winding him up! He took it well, though. And Steve! Facing his fear of heights! What a man!

At least we got to see some weird stuff that the cameras they set up caught. That was cool.

'Help me!' :o

what kills me is i actually heard the "Help me" on the sci-fi camera but until they said that's what it sounded like, i wasn't sure if it was part of the music or actually on the camera. :rofl: i felt sorry for brian! it took me almost 20 minutes to get to the landing with the bucket! there are a lot of stairs in that place. i think the total count is like 250. and what makes it so bad is the spiralling. :lol: don't go too fast and look over the railing on the way up, it's not a pleasent sight!

Yeah... Brian did take it well considering how many times he had to climb those stairs. Dude, I would of declined after the 3rd attempt! If you listened to Brian after they got the equipment set up and Jason asked if the Audio was placed properly, Brian threw in some sarcasm saying, "Oh yeah we got some Audio aright". LMAO!

Both Jason and Grant smurkedat him knowing why he said it that way and Grant looked like he was holding in some laughter...lol

Good job to Steve on confronting his fear of heights...

How about the part where the spirit was coming down the stairs towards them in the lighthouse? That was more creepy!

Next episode looksgood too... finally getting some good footage!

That episode is actually the first and only episode I've ever seen of the show. I was really impressed with the footage and what they caught in the lighthouse. I'd like to see more of this show in the future.

Edited by MadEyePixie

This was one of the three episodes I've seen that kick ass. Another was the one where something like a cloaked figure appears in front of a camera and runs off. And another was where something clocked the sound man upside the face with his own equipment bag.

I've been there before. No one will tell you it's haunted unless you ask. They didn't show it and I'm surprised at this, but where Steve and them heard voices in the house, there are two weird "rooms" for lack of a better word, that are blocked up to the waist on one side, and chest to the other. Steve was actually looking into one of them. well on the other side is the one that's to the waist. When I took the tour we stopped at that spot and the guide woman was explaining that they weren't sure what these rooms were used for. While we were standing there it felt like i was being watched from the shorter one. While i didn't see anything, there was definatly something there. About a year later I was watching a tv show *coincidentally also called Ghost Hunters, though not nearly as professional and a local group* investigated that light house and in the one where I felt like I was being watched, their mostion detectors were set off for no reason at all. I didn't know anyone had actually reported anything like that until I saw that show, so it's interesting that TAPS was able to get something in that area. Now seeing it investigated by a reliable group and actually getting something, I think I want to go back and do a little investigating of my own.

stupid sci-fi and their sounds durring the whole thing though! I kept hearing three or four people talking while Jason and Grant were on the stairs but I couldn't tell if I was actually hearing what they were or if it was layered into the creepy music. :angry2:

This was a really really good episode. I had a whole bunch of people over at the time and we ended up watching it on TiVo, so we were pausing it and going frame by frame. Incredible.

Listen, Brian deserves whatever mild hazing goes on there, he really screwed everyone over when he left like an ass.

I agree completely about the music and the camera men cutting to the expressions... very irratating.

This was a really really good episode. I had a whole bunch of people over at the time and we ended up watching it on TiVo, so we were pausing it and going frame by frame. Incredible.

Listen, Brian deserves whatever mild hazing goes on there, he really screwed everyone over when he left like an ass.

I agree completely about the music and the camera men cutting to the expressions... very irratating.

:rofl: dude, i think i'd feel sorry for Bush having to walk those stairs that many times. Down is even harder than up. I did it twice on one day and wow, it is painful...

This was one of the three episodes I've seen that kick ass. Another was the one where something like a cloaked figure appears in front of a camera and runs off. And another was where something clocked the sound man upside the face with his own equipment bag.

Another really good one was where Jason and Grant were in the basement of some building with the thermal camera, and caught a figure standing right in the room with them (the room being about 10 by 10 with stuff in it as well!). You could see a number on a locker through the figure. They only saw the figure on the thermal camera screen. Really creepy. :o

I am new here - my first post!

I love TAPS. They've made a few mistakes along the way (who hasn't?) but by far, they are professional, and imho, keep a head on their shoulders at all times.

That footage of a fully-formed entity looking over the top rail was incredible!!

Hi,

I love TAPS, is this the one you are speaking of? Could you give the times and channel this program is on? I love watching this sort of programs...

Tammy:)

Its usually on Wed nights starting at 8:00pm and another show at 9:00pm sometimes they run a months worth of shows back to back so you can catch up with what was missed. They did that last week. They are on the Sci Fi Ch. Cable ch # 74

Ive almost stopped watching the show because of the editing, fake sounds and music!! I hate it when the guys spot something but the cameras only show their reactions!

hehe, tonights episode had some really good evps so i thought 'd drag this out of the pits...

i...just don't know WHAT to think of the first two. and the one in the jail was like ultra weird. you don't expect to get a crowded sounding room on evps. i'll have to rewatch it tomorrow though and see if i can figure out what the other voice is. but you know it's nuts, but it sounded more like an old pistol shot rather than a door closeing...

Episode 214 where they investigated Waverly Hills Sanitorium was the best so far IMO. All investigators involved concluded that place was definitely haunted.

While they were in Kentucky, they should have also stopped off at Bobby Mackey's Music World across the river from Cincinnatti. They would have seen some real paranormal action there too.

This show is one i cant miss, but is it just me or does it feel like its turning into a soap opera?

The light tower by far was one of the best i've seen so far, And the (HELP ME) really freaked me out, and i like Brian, he get's picked on all the time, the reason he left was because of personal reasons which to me should be excusable, the episode i saw last night, jason was just teasing but called one of the ladies he was working with him the (TAPS) b$#@ and she slap's him a couple time's, he deserve's it.

I heard that the tap's crew visit's this site often and i hope they read some of the thing's we post to better help the show, one of them being STOP the music when investigating for EVP'S............ :tu:

This show is one i cant miss, but is it just me or does it feel like its turning into a soap opera?

The light tower by far was one of the best i've seen so far, And the (HELP ME) really freaked me out, and i like Brian, he get's picked on all the time, the reason he left was because of personal reasons which to me should be excusable, the episode i saw last night, jason was just teasing but called one of the ladies he was working with him the (TAPS) b$#@ and she slap's him a couple time's, he deserve's it.

I heard that the tap's crew visit's this site often and i hope they read some of the thing's we post to better help the show, one of them being STOP the music when investigating for EVP'S............ :tu:

XD unfortunatly the music is sci-fi's doing when editing. XDDDD about jason last night, i know!!!! my mouth dropped open. shock value, but then with his interesting personality i'm not sure why i was surprised at all. to me though the tone makes the differeince and he really didn't sound like he was trying to be mean. LOL wow that'd be awsome if they really did come here. :rofl: i wonder if we could get one of them to make an account just to reply to one of us. XDD like they provoke the ghosts to talk!