Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone catch Ghost Hunters last night?

DamienPriest

I use to be an avid fan, but not anymore.

First; What I don't get is, why can't people separate television from reality? Don't believe what you see on T.V. Producers and Writers will do anything to get ratings and make money. Now that "Ghost Hunters" actually have competition the show has gradually gotten worse. Every time an investigator hears something, do you hear anything? You hear nothing but creepy music. Every time an investigator sees something notice how the camera man always stays in one position or never captures what they see? Hmmmmmm!? The camera man has all the right angles!

My complaints:

The K-II meter? Why is it that only Jay and Grant only use it? Very seldom do you see Amy or anyone else use it. Many investigators aside from the show have proven that certain radio frequencies such as a walkie-talkie or cell phone can interfere with the K-II meter. I even stumbled upon this on an investigation one night. We thought a ghost was responding to us. But found out that the walkie-talkie was producing the lights to go on and off. What really aggravates me is that if they are such credible investigators why is it when the K-II meter responds they never investigate what is setting it off? Most of the time they'll sit there and think a ghost is replying to their questions??? A colleague of mine sent an article one time about the interference regarding the K-II. Guess what! Of course they never responded to it.

The flashlight!!!? Come on... I kept using all of these cool scientific equipment for 13 yrs when all I could have been using all of this time was a flash light???

Cue Grant: 'Hey Jay'

Cue Jason: 'What's up G?'

Cue Grant: 'Did you hear that? What the Frig!?'

Cue Fan Watching the Show: ALL I ****ING HEAR IS THE SOUND OF THE HUM FROM MY SPEAKERS BECAUSE THE SYNTHESIZER FROM THE BACKGROUND MUSIC IS TOO LOUD G!!!

But with all kidding aside. Why did I stop watching the show? When they made a LOW BLOW COMMENT about those who investigated Bobby Mackey's prior to TAPS not getting the truth out or getting the facts right. I have been investigating for 13 yrs + I was quite offended by that comment. Even if they were referring to only those who investigated Bobby Mackey's but with that comment made them look very UNPROFESSIONAL and IMMATURE. Personally I think it was a low blow to Ghost Adventures because TAPS knows they now have competition.

I know very well credible investigators who have been investigating Bobby Mackey's way before Ghost Hunters or Ghost Adventures ever set foot on their property. I bet they agree with me that were offended by their comments. What about all of the hard work and yrs of building a good relationship between those investigators and Bobby Mackey's? If it weren't for those people who helped them in the first place they wouldn't be where they are?

Another complaint I have is what ever happened to helping people in private homes or a residence? They do maybe 1 house investigation an entire season? All they seem to care about is ratings, money and what next BIG location they get? ONTO THE NEXT!!!

I'm not saying they have more credibility, but at least Ghost Adventures works with other investigators and gives them credit for sharing their evidence with them.

What it boils down to is; T.V. has lead everyone to greed, money, big ego's, big heads etc; I don't knock anyone for trying to be successful but DO IT THE RIGHT WAY!!! Don't screw people over. Don't lie to your audience. We're the first to investigate or Bobby Mackey's called you for help. B.S.!!! We all know Pilgrim contacts them.

This might not make me look any better by posting this, but I had alot on my chest because yea their comments and trickery affects what we do and how new clients look at us PROFESSIONAL AND REAL INVESTIGATORS!

Can't deny I have some valid point of views?

• 1 month later...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Acenaspheru

• DamienPriest

• crouton

• Spiro007

The good thing is that they bring Some credibility to the para. I know for a fact that things happen day or night, and if the thing really wants it can do anything at any time. If you call it or bring a camera, you might still be left with nothing, because it decides when it wants to do things and not on cue.

On the voices thing on GA, the thing is responding in real time to questions. Rarely will you get some voice to do on cue thats just not the way it is.

If you leave a camera all night and then review it, I think there is a better chance of catching something.