Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"'Splain this one, Lucy!"

GIDEON MAGE

Zandore nice twist on my words :sleepy::sleepy::tu::tu: , but see the thread on the beliefs board regarding god and hate. See you there.

That section is supposed to be a safe haven for believers.....read the rules:

I hate someone, that doesn't make me an "hateful" person.

Hand in hand.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GIDEON MAGE

• Bluefinger

• zandore

• tags

That section is supposed to be a safe haven for believers.....read the rules:

What are you trying to say?

Why eat only a grape, when you can eat a feast?

EXACTLY. Why eat only a grape (Jesus) when you can have the feast (God)?

EXACTLY. Why eat only a grape (Jesus) when you can have the feast (God)?

Imo Jesus is God, so I say why not have a real feast and accept Yeshua the messiah??? Jesus did not say he was a grape Gid but you were not far away, he saidI am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing. John 15 v5!!

Your even preaching for jesus now Gid well done!!! :tu::tu::tu::w00t::w00t:

Imo Jesus is God, so I say why not have a real feast and accept Yeshua the messiah??? Jesus did not say he was a grape Gid but you were not far away, he saidI am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing. John 15 v5!!

Your even preaching for jesus now Gid well done!!! :tu::tu::tu::w00t::w00t:

There is no difference; if you know God you don't need Jesus. A better metaphor is that Christians only eat the icing (Jesus, the n.t.), and throw away the cake (the Hebrew Scriptures, YHVH). Like I keep saying, if Yeshu is God, then God is Yeshu. If you know God already, you don't need Jesus, because you have him already. There is no option c.

There is no difference; if you know God you don't need Jesus. A better metaphor is that Christians only eat the icing (Jesus, the n.t.), and throw away the cake (the Hebrew Scriptures, YHVH). Like I keep saying, if Yeshu is God, then God is Yeshu. If you know God already, you don't need Jesus, because you have him already. There is no option c.

Well jesus thinks different and so does God the father, he said this is my son listen to him. If you really knew God then you would certainly accept jesus instead of the obnoxious redicule that you subject him to here. If I or any other christian behaved the way you do to other peoples faiths then you and co would be down on us like a ton of bricks. :yes::yes:

Well jesus thinks different and so does God the father, he said this is my son listen to him. If you really knew God then you would certainly accept jesus

What part of Jewish Faith dont you quite grasp tags...GID is Jewish :hmm:

Ohh wait I forgot..he is a non christian aha how silly of me..thats why you jump on him..i see and you are ignorant to his faith..I get it now :rolleyes:

This is going so well, I hesitate to comment. Then again, my question still stand. Why stop at three? If we feel the need, for whatever reason, to slice God and the universe into smaller, palpable pieces, why should it be only three?

Look at alot of pagan religions. The Trinity is influenced from pagan ideas entering the Chiritan church long ago.

Egypt and India for one, has a "3 god" system, and I am sure some early Babylonian/Mesopotamian religions have them too. The Celts though 3 was a sacred number as well. This is not coincidence.

To see how the pagan idea spread, "St." Patrick used the 3 leaf clover to explain the trinity to the Irish.

Edited by Power2the1

What part of Jewish Faith dont you quite grasp tags...GID is Jewish :hmm:

Ohh wait I forgot..he is a non christian aha how silly of me..thats why you jump on him..i see and you are ignorant to his faith..I get it now :rolleyes:

I cant see were my comment fundamentally misunderstands the Jewish faith BM. Please enlighten me as to where the major misconception lies, so at least i can rebuke your comments. Or is it hot air as per usual?? :w00t::w00t::w00t:

I cant see were my comment fundamentally misunderstands the Jewish faith BM. Please enlighten me as to where the major misconception lies, so at least i can rebuke your comments. Or is it hot air as per usual?? :w00t::w00t::w00t:

WTF is up with you stupid tiresome dimwitted insults tags...9/10 threads you either make or enter you wind up having to fight off at least 10 different posters...LOL you have proved that you are a christian that cant and wont grasp the fact that there are other faiths that do or dont worship God...look at ya...yapping on and on....its funny how you ask such questions to folk and if they dont give you the christian answer BAM off you go beating you sorry lil gums on it...and yea you do misunderstand the Jewish faith..with stupid comments such as -------> you would certainly accept jesus instead of the obnoxious redicule that you subject him to here - to a Jewish guy :rolleyes:

WTF is up with you stupid tiresome dimwitted insults tags...9/10 threads you either make or enter you wind up having to fight off at least 10 different posters...LOL you have proved that you are a christian that cant and wont grasp the fact that there are other faiths that do or dont worship God...look at ya...yapping on and on....its funny how you ask such questions to folk and if they dont give you the christian answer BAM off you go beating you sorry lil gums on it...and yea you do misunderstand the Jewish faith..with stupid comments such as -------> you would certainly accept jesus instead of the obnoxious redicule that you subject him to here - to a Jewish guy :rolleyes:

BM I think you will find that Gideon can give as biased an opinion as you are claiming I have. I do not think he requires your help either. Do I give my Christian perspective in a DISCUSSION forum? Yes I do. If I disagree with most of what others say is that not my perogative? And if I wish to question and raise discussion about other posts within the limits of the thread topic is that not what this forum is for? I am sorry if my faith is repugnant to your ideals, but at the end of the day you must respect my views, you may ignore them as you wish, you may discuss them with me but I do not feel you are correct in telling me not to express them. By the way I still do not see where you quoted my fundamental misconception about the Jewish faith, I assume it was hot air untill you show me. Sorry for defending myself if it annoys you but I must.

Cheers,

Tags.

By the way whats your opinon on this trinity discussion? I have not seen you post one yet?

Edited by tags

BM I think you will find that Gideon can give as biased an opinion as you are claiming I have. I do not think he requires your help either. Do I give my Christian perspective in a DISCUSSION forum? Yes I do. If I disagree with most of what others say is that not my perogative? And if I wish to question and raise discussion about other posts within the limits of the thread topic is that not what this forum is for? I am sorry if my faith is repugnant to your ideals, but at the end of the day you must respect my views, you may ignore them as you wish, you may discuss them with me but I do not feel you are correct in telling me not to express them. By the way I still do not see where you quoted my fundamental misconception about the Jewish faith, I assume it was hot air untill you show me. Sorry for defending myself if it annoys you but I must.

Cheers,

Tags.

By the way whats your opinon on this trinity discussion? I have not seen you post one yet?

Tags you also give a bias opinion to all of your answers and dont say you dont..just take a look at your does God love or hate thread...that just about sums up how bias you are

Of course you can disagree......but geee tags there is ways of doing it...you just JUMP on people and head straight for the throat....you rarely say ---- I disagree......you jump in saying WRONG and you show a lot of arrogance...and you then get flooded with responces from others that pile up...you have been known to aviod several questions ...it at times takes you days before you will try and reply....I have even seen others nag and nag at you for replies....this is true and you know it

Ever here of - Diplomacy??? and I am not being sarcastic tags I am serious...have you???

Have you any thoughts on the actual topic here?

Have you any thoughts on the actual topic here?

LOl @ tags attempt to wriggle out of what I said previously :rofl:

This is how tags gave his thoughts to this very thread...he began with an attack right at GIDEON

This you keep repeating this idea like a broken record. What is your really profound point here? Yes it became codified at this date, it did not however come into existence at this date! Obviously they were codifying a belief that was ALREADY WELL ESTABLISHED AND ACCEPTED in the Christian community!!!!!!! Your date means nothing, it proves nothing and you really should not rely on such a flimsy catchphrase to prove so much!!! It is in scripture and the Bishops did not 'prove' anything, they simply established formally a belief that was always in existence.

I breifly gave my thought and I believe - If the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are really different aspects of the One...meaning one God

you attacked GIDS opinions but I wouldnt expect you to do likewise :rolleyes:

And has the nerve to ask me what my thoughts are :sleepy:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Well jesus thinks different and so does God the father, he said this is my son listen to him. If you really knew God then you would certainly accept jesus instead of the obnoxious redicule that you subject him to here. If I or any other christian behaved the way you do to other peoples faiths then you and co would be down on us like a ton of bricks. :yes::yes:

If you knew God, you would not need Jesus. You should go back to my post that started this thread. Obviously you didn't read it, opr lacked the intellect to understand logic. I was giving xianity the benefit of a doubt, and assuming, for the moment, that you guys were right and that, contrary to the words of the n.t. itself, that your little Yeshala was God. You have called me, and by inference, all non-xians, blind and ignorant. Your little puny Yeshala said "Judge not, lest ye be judged." How dare you presume to judge me or anyone else on this board? How dare you violate your own n.t.'s words? You are acting in a very insulting, judgemental manner, and not I, but God is on you like a ton of bricks. I will let God respond to your insults and low-cut anti-semitism. If you don't understand, then learn some hebrew.

Shema Yisrael YHVH Elohenu YHVH Echad!

If you knew God, you would not need Jesus. You should go back to my post that started this thread. Obviously you didn't read it, opr lacked the intellect to understand logic. I was giving xianity the benefit of a doubt, and assuming, for the moment, that you guys were right and that, contrary to the words of the n.t. itself, that your little Yeshala was God. You have called me, and by inference, all non-xians, blind and ignorant. Your little puny Yeshala said "Judge not, lest ye be judged." How dare you presume to judge me or anyone else on this board? How dare you violate your own n.t.'s words? You are acting in a very insulting, judgemental manner, and not I, but God is on you like a ton of bricks. I will let God respond to your insults and low-cut anti-semitism. If you don't understand, then learn some hebrew. Shema Yisrael YHVH Elohenu YHVH Echad!

Good call GID and you are right I dont think he read it or understood you..thats why he chooses to respond to me more so than you LOL, prolly hoping you would forget it :rofl:

Guest Lottie
Stop the insults and get back on topic. Tags read the PM carefully that I am sending you. Edited by Lottie

If you knew God, you would not need Jesus.

If you know God then you automatically know Jesus right. But, think on this: How do you know you know God? If you only have one basis, you might be wrong. But if you know God AND Jesus, and both correspond with each other, you can be sure you are right.

Just a thought.

Regards, PA

Guest Lottie

A quick re-cap of forum rules to refresh people's memories, this one in particular:

No.8- No flaming - This includes making personal attacks against other members, verbal abuse, starting knowingly offensive topics, mocking or being offensive towards someone. Such posts or topics will be removed or closed by a moderator on sight.

Rules can be found here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/rules.php

If you know God then you automatically know Jesus right. But, think on this: How do you know you know God? If you only have one basis, you might be wrong. But if you know God AND Jesus, and both correspond with each other, you can be sure you are right.

Just a thought.

Regards, PA

Interesting question. God is such an integral part of my life, I have no doubts about it. I know I have what I have. It's okay, pa, Christians have been attacking my beliefs since long before you were born. A previous post pointed out that many other religions have the same system. In Hindu belief, if you are with Shiva, you are with Brahma and Vishnu, and for that matter, you are one with Brahman. There is no difference. I go with logic, because I choose to. I don't need to hedge my bet, as you imply I should.

But, think on this: How do you know you know God? If you only have one basis, you might be wrong. But if you know God AND Jesus, and both correspond with each other, you can be sure you are right.

This is the argument that led to a new religion, IMO. Subtle changes to the message to make a comfortable transition from one faith to another. Control.

Interesting question. God is such an integral part of my life, I have no doubts about it. I know I have what I have. It's okay, pa, Christians have been attacking my beliefs since long before you were born. A previous post pointed out that many other religions have the same system. In Hindu belief, if you are with Shiva, you are with Brahma and Vishnu, and for that matter, you are one with Brahman. There is no difference. I go with logic, because I choose to. I don't need to hedge my bet, as you imply I should.

I'm not saying you should do or not do anything, Gideon. I'm simply suggesting an alternative idea to your OP. If knowing jesus means knowing God and vice versa, then they should complement one another. In knowing both God and Jesus together, one can see a complete picture (or more complete, at least - many people seem to forget about the third aspect of the Trinity), rather than basing their model solely on one or the other. Edited by Paranoid Android

I'm not saying you should do or not do anything, Gideon. I'm simply suggesting an alternative idea to your OP. If knowing jesus means knowing God and vice versa, then they should complement one another. In knowing both God and Jesus together, one can see a complete picture (or more complete, at least - many people seem to forget about the third aspect of the Trinity), rather than basing their model solely on one or the other.

or maybe Jesus was just for the gentiles and the jews need to be left alone, since they already knew God?

Handbook of Biblical Social Values ed. John Pilch and Bruce Malina

Social-Science Commentary on the Synoptic Gospels by Bruce Malina and Richard Rohrbaugh

GM, if you can find these two books at a library or something, read the essays on client-patron relationships. you are not that far off. not quite correct, but not completely wrong. I can explain my position more tomarrow if you want.

Handbook of Biblical Social Values ed. John Pilch and Bruce Malina

Social-Science Commentary on the Synoptic Gospels by Bruce Malina and Richard Rohrbaugh

GM, if you can find these two books at a library or something, read the essays on client-patron relationships. you are not that far off. not quite correct, but not completely wrong. I can explain my position more tomarrow if you want.

Since I, of course, have no idea what you mean, please explain.