Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

People making fun of Christians?

cryptofreak

i would just like to say somthing to all of you that make fun of Christians or and other religious groups because of the fact that we are religious...

do skeptics make fun of people that believe in bigfoot??? do people that have no intrest in believeing about nessie, la chupucabra, mokele mbembe, or any other cryptid creature make fun of the people who truly beleive in them???

i noticed that many people have made fun of Christians because of the stigmata, or the weeping statues, or even the depiction of Jesus on a wall, just because they dont agree with them... just because you are atheist, buddhist, jewish, whatever, do people go around saying "buddhist people are wrong!" ????

NO its all centered on the Christians .... no more discrimination because of beliefs please, i feel sorry for those of you that are dicriminating, and i pray that this all stops...

thank you for listening

Edit:

Changed the topic title to something related to the..well...topic...

Edited by Phantom

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cryptofreak

• Nancy

• snuffypuffer

• Althalus

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmm, did I just enter the "Twilight Zone"?

cryptofreak, I see you recently became a Member here. While I cannot speak for all others who post on this Forum, I presume you are referencing people in general and not specifically to those of us who participate here.

While we are far from perfect, if you read the vast information on this site and the comments/opinions shared, I doubt you will find few, IF ANY posts making fun of anyone's religion, Christian or otherwise. As a suggestion? Please do not accuse before knowing to whom you doing so.

Where oh where is Aslan when I need him?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You mean the guy that flooded the world and killed everyone except a handful of people? The same guy who turned a woman into a pillar of salt for looking back at her home, and who blasted two cities off the face of the earth?

Sounds like him to me...oh, wait, you mean the fashionable, updated, new testament god...

I'm an athiest, so I must admit I think this whole deal is pretty much full of it...even if someone DID end up with genuine wounds, I'd have to believe they were self inflicted.

that was from seraphina yeah no posts against religious peoples

erm...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who's Fatima? What are those freaks all looking at?

thats from kryso thats #2 more to come!

dangerousdave

What the hell is wrong with religious people, anything with a half resembelance to a bearded guy and they think it's Jesus. The reason is that these people just need something to cling onto in their sad little lives

thats #3 there u go

Royal Soldier

That could be any bearded person. Why is it always Jesus?

13.08.2003 04:25

Seraphina

Because chistians were given photoshop?

It's not even the same shape as the landscape...it's an upright 2D shape....

thats #4

ginge

Who's Fatima? What are those freaks all looking at?

does that make it more credible?

Is there a point you're trying to make, here, crypto, or are you just throwing up random posts with no actual context? Try reading the entire thread before you start jumping to conclusions.

Well Crypto, If anyone else does it you can give them a piece of your mind.

Most of the people on these boards seem like good people to me.

Well Crypto,  If anyone else does it you can give them a piece of your mind.

Most of the people on these boards seem like good people to me.

gonzo? Thank you for that.......... I happen to agree.

crypto? Another piece of advice....... Please try to refrain from generalizing. If you have a bone to pick with one or more Members, than do what gonzo said... or? Report to the Webmaster.

Starting your own campaign against this entire Forum, will not gain you any goodie points, take my word for it. disgust.gif

do skeptics make fun of people that believe in bigfoot??? do people that have no intrest in believeing about nessie, la chupucabra, mokele mbembe, or any other cryptid creature make fun of the people who truly beleive in them???

Cryptofreak posted

Oct 03 2003 03:30 AM

the loch ness monster is fake, the creator of it told all about it on some show and in the newspaper, sry if this doesnt sound credible, but i remember it from like 3 years ago. the guy proved that he made a rc boat that had a head on it. then the rest snowballed and ALL of the pics are either someones creation of essie or photoshop

Cryptofreak posted

Sep 27 2003 02:14 AM

I saw a pic of the so called "arizona devil" that looked nothing more than a photoshopped stork flying into the air in a desert. I think the whole thing is fake  fake

I love the smell of hypocricy in the morning...

Edited by Phantom

Me too.

And as far as I know half of those people he quoted don't even seem to post here very often at all.

If your mad at them, Private message them, we don't need to know about it, or all be accused.

This is just my opinion, an oservation, call what you will. But the forum seems to be attractting some weirder people than usual at the moment.

original.gif

Just to set the record straight, the man with the RC Boat was talking about one set of pictures only, and not all of them.

And also, when Seraphina and others said that, what was meant by it in my opinion was that Christians tend to see more simulacra in things than other relgious people, as there is generally more to go on.

What with the Christian religion being full of imagery that is predominantly human in form, where as other religions such as Hinduism has deities that are human and animal, which is more harder to see in other people or shadows and outlines.

Which is why you do not see many reports of it, also Christianity os one of the biggest religions, with most of the countries in the world having at least some people in it that worship that religion. Hence the volume of religious experiences, such as Stigmata and BVM Sightings.

After all everytime someone see the name Allah in a fruit or on something, it is usually reported more widely than any other type of miracle.

Druss Posted on Oct 4 2003, 10:42 AM

This is just my opinion, an oservation, call what you will. But the forum seems to be attractting some weirder people than usual at the moment.

Never a truer word said.

I'm finding it quite sad that a place where I loved to visit is now a place where I have trouble finding any relevent or intresting posts.

Druss Posted on Oct 4 2003, 10:42 AM

Never a truer word said.

I'm finding it quite sad that a place where I loved to visit is now a place where I have trouble finding any relevent or intresting posts.

I must agree. It's as if some sort of cloud has descended over the

forum, leaving a lot of negativity. sad.gif

Awww you guy's wub.gif I'm not thinking of leaving it's just I'm finding it hard to post these days as I have to traul through loads of rubbish, nonsence and general chit chat before I get to anything of intrest.

I'm hoping it's just another phase the site is going through and it will pick up once the few who seem to spill out this drivell get bored and leave.

Hmmmm.....To me the forum just geting better and better.....And u guys are the best weird people i ever see(i mean from ur post)...

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif U guys are the best forum member's notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

I tend to agree with Halo. I might take a break myself as I seem to have started writing a lot of drivel lately, and that's not like me. I'm a very serious person usually.

Funny thing? I've been thinking the very same thoughts. It's as if a wacko magnet has somehow been attached to this magical place.

That's one reason I began the "profile" thread. To me, it is so much easier to try to understand the age range/location of those who take the time to post their opinions, ideas. If that information isn't available, I am more likely to back off of a topic. If I realize that the individual is young, perhaps curious and yes, sometimes angry..... I tread more gently.

Been wondering if perhaps I shouldn't have returned to UM and have been as "opinionated" as I have been. If you guys like? Blame the weirdness on ole N.

Awww you guy's wub.gif  I'm not thinking of leaving it's just I'm finding it hard to post these days as I have to traul through loads of rubbish, nonsence and general chit chat before I get to anything of intrest.

I'm hoping it's just another phase the site is going through and it will pick up once the few who seem to spill out this drivell get bored and leave.

Halo, I can fully understand your point. However, unfortunately that's the price "we" have to pay for the balance the moderators have to find between being "heavy handed" and "non existant".

I remember a whole thread being started, the essence of which was too many posts having been edited and threads closed to the liking of several forum members (you not included, I must add original.gif ).

Sometimes my fingers itch to "moderate". However, since this is an open discussion board unfortunately wading through posts that are uninteresting for some people are included in the package.

It's hard for a moderator, and I speak only for myself now, to find a balance.

What annoys me may be interesting for somebody else. It's a fine line...

Let's just hope it gets better. I can guarantee the moderating team will do everything in its power to make it as easy as possible. However, good old input and acid replies to certain posts by members will do the trick as well in a lotof the cases... wink2.gif (One word, Aslan laugh.gif )