Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cryptozoologist mulls theories on 'Big Bird'

UM-Bot

news icon rHidden in the shadows outside of civilization, monsters are believed by some to exist. According to folklore, a large primate stalks the Pacific Northwest and a giant reptile lurks in the depths of a Scottish lake. And in South Texas, people carefully watch the skies for Big Bird, a flying creature that terrorized the area in 1976.

“This bird’s got a habit of going after people,” said Guadalupe Cantu III, an eye witness. “This is strictly a nighttime bird, though. ...

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Brownsville Herald

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unpro

• GreyWeather

• SureFire

• Waspie_Dwarf

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's just me, but I find it a lot easier to believe that there is a huge bird in southern Texas than I do to believe that there is someone named Guadalupe Cantu III.

uhm... when humans finally reached new zealand, a giant bird stalked and killed them. untill the humans wiped out the land-based bird (forgot its name >_<) which was its original prey, the bird then primerily went after humans untill it (appariently) died out.

uhm... when humans finally reached new zealand, a giant bird stalked and killed them. untill the humans wiped out the land-based bird (forgot its name >_<) which was its original prey, the bird then primerily went after humans untill it (appariently) died out.

It was called the Haast's eagle. Here is a link to a BBC article on it.

It was called the Haast's eagle. Here is a link to a BBC article on it.

thats the one, I can never remember their names >_<

thanks for linking though ^_^

Edited by Leliel

7 pm tonight? I'll see if I can make it.

I find it funny when groups such as these Cryptozoologists surface with such stories. Yea, I understand we found a huge Squid in the depths of the ocean in 2004, but were talking about open skies, anything the size of whatever there talking about would be picked up on radar wouldn't it? To me it sounds as if this "Big Bird" is the size of a small plane. I'll just keep out of Texas just incase the rest of the Sesame Street crew decide to make an appearance. :w00t:

a 10 foot span eagle is hard to be picked up by radar.

it's not even metal in the first place.

FYI birds DO show on radar...

Birds will show up on radar, even migrating Monarch butterflies will appear. How many birds, their migration route, speed, and more can all be gathered from radar.

LINK-> The Mystery of Bird Migration

FYI birds DO show on radar...

Birds will show up on radar, even migrating Monarch butterflies will appear. How many birds, their migration route, speed, and more can all be gathered from radar.

LINK-> The Mystery of Bird Migration

Indeed..... :tu: