Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mapusaurus vs Giganotosaurus

king of dino's

O.k i need to know this Has been on my mind Since i herd it on The News who is bigger and stronger i am a support'a of Giganotosaurus plz post your Thorts on this and for thos who dont know wat Mapusaurus is well its a New meat eater found and some say the new biggest but Giganotosaurus holds the biggest Land killer title Post away peeps

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• draconic chronicler

• speshall mareens

• DigitalDreamer

This should be in the Palaeontology forum. And punctuation is recommended.

Edited by Sofia Alexandra

I would put my money on Giginatosaurus as it was a wee bit larger and had 7-inch teeth...

The dinosaurs Saurophaganax and Spinosaurus were larger than both...

And punctuation is recommended.

lol :D

As for the question I am willing to admit semi-ignorance on the subject of dino's so I've no idea which one would win. Maybye Gigantosarus; sounds big :P

O.k i need to know this Has been on my mind Since i herd it on The News who is bigger and stronger i am a support'a of Giganotosaurus plz post your Thorts on this and for thos who dont know wat Mapusaurus is well its a New meat eater found and some say the new biggest but Giganotosaurus holds the biggest Land killer title Post away peeps

Gigantosaurus

Spino Was Not Bigger And you Dont Count the Spine Gigano Is Still The lagest Killer on Land Sadly Its Brain was that the Size of a Banana and spino was only Thort Big coz of the Dumb JP3 moive Everyone Knows how un Real they all are

actualy a article i read on yahoo news said that they classfied spinosaurus as the largest meat eating dino sukka lol and umm i ithnk it would be a draw both would run from the other no sense fighting. dont wound what u can not kill

According to a study by dal Sasso et al. (2006), it was the largest of all carnivorous dinosaurs by a significant margin, even larger than Tyrannosaurus rex and Giganotosaurus. Spinosaurus is the longest known theropod, measuring 16 to 18 metres (52 to 60 feet) long and standing at 5 to 6 metres (16 to 20 feet) in height. Spinosaurus reached weights up to 9 tons, though further comparisons with related species suggest that adults could have reached sizes up to 20 tons and 21 m (70 ft) in length

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinosaurus

Gigano (not the monster from Godzilla) was 44-46 ft (13.5-14.3 m) weighed about 8 tons and stood 12 feet tall Spino It was about 40-50 feet long (12-15 m) and weighed 4 tons (Yahoo is Full of Dino poop thats why people Use Google now days)

by the way Can People Leave T-rex alone mean look King kong Fort T-rex and just to make King big and tuff they MAde rex lose Dont ya all Think rex is Getting Bad Thort about Him. i mean when will people Understand WE KNOW HE ANIT THE BIG KILLER

TRY TO FIGHT GODZILLA HUH KING KONG LIKE TO SEE YOU WIN

hey godzilla does shoot fire i mean comeone thats hard to top. but any way if u lok at thel ink i gave u its fomr wikipedia and the quoute is off the site. i gave so there :^P lol

Well i just Found a good Fact your ya Spino is the Longest yes But jaw size and power No way near Giganotosaurus Spino's most close's fight it could win is a Carnotaur or a

Allosaur by the way biggest Means both Size of the body and length of the beast's

i am doing a Jaw test's to Will post soon

http://gavinrymill.com/dinosaurs/carnivores/

the rea; problem here is evidenc is often inclunsive we get fragmented skeletos and we never known if the animal was fully grown or anything like that and we may never know the truth of there actualy full size they could reach.

The little known Saurophaganax, possibly a subspecies of Allosaurus could possibly top 50. With estimates of its bone-fragments, it was estimated at 50 feet.

• 2 months later...

I would put my money on Giginatosaurus as it was a wee bit larger and had 7-inch teeth...

Going off topic a WEE bit: Frogfish, do you have Asperger's Syndrome? You know lots about things and have a very logical mind. I have Asperger's Syndrome. Does anyone else have Asperger's Syndrome?

Frogfish, do you have Asperger's Syndrome?

Probably not...since my parents are both doctors (dad's a neurologist), they probably would of found out by now :yes:

Edited by frogfish

Frogfish, do you know how big Charcharodontosaurus was? I can't seem to find anything about it.

Many of the worlds experts, like Currie, think Carcharodontosaurus was in the range of 45 feet long....a relative of Giganotosaurus

Edited by frogfish

• 4 weeks later...

Gigantosaurus

For the last time, its Gigan-O-tosaurus!

hey godzilla does shoot fire i mean comeone thats hard to top. but any way if u lok at thel ink i gave u its fomr wikipedia and the quoute is off the site. i gave so there :^P lol

Well i just Found a good Fact your ya Spino is the Longest yes But jaw size and power No way near Giganotosaurus Spino's most close's fight it could win is a Carnotaur or a

Allosaur by the way biggest Means both Size of the body and length of the beast's

i am doing a Jaw test's to Will post soon

http://gavinrymill.com/dinosaurs/carnivores/

Allosaurus Maximus, a subspecies of allosaurus, could grow around 45 feet,

Many of the worlds experts, like Currie, think Carcharodontosaurus was in the range of 45 feet long....a relative of Giganotosaurus

Aye, but one o' my bros books says it was 20 feet. Of course, it also says allosaurus is 15 feet long, so...

Beipiaosaurus

Beipiaosaurus inexpectus

user posted image

Pronounced: Bay-pee-o-Sore-us

Diet: Carnivore (Meat-Eater)

Name Means: "Beipiao lizard"

Length: 7 feet (2.2 m)

Height: 4 feet (1.3 m)

Weight: 100 pounds (45 kilos)

Time: Early Cretaceous - 130 MYA

Beipiaosaurus had the longest feathers of any dinosaur yet found. Classified as a meat-eater, it is thought that these dinosaurs would also have fed on insects a great deal of the time. It is considered a bird-like dinosaur and shared a number of features that are now found on modern birds.

Described in 1999, Beipiaosaurus is one of a few known bird-like dinosaurs. It came from the famous shale quarries of Liaoning, China, which are well known for producing many incredibly detailed fossils of small dinosaurs and birds. Most of the bird/dinosaur relationship studies are conducted on specimens from this quarry, as unique ecological conditions preserved even the soft parts of the animals that died at this site. These unusual conditions allowed for the perfect preservation of feathers.

Beipiaosaurus remains are fragmentary, but they do show that it was bipedal like other therizinosaurs and that it had sharp, curved hand claws and protofeathers .

Ah... a therizinosaur. Discovered in China if im not mistaken.

Allosaurus Maximus, a subspecies of allosaurus, could grow around 45 feet,

Aye, but one o' my bros books says it was 20 feet. Of course, it also says allosaurus is 15 feet long, so...

That book is WRONG :tu:

Saurophaganax possibly could of grwn over 50.

Ah... a therizinosaur. Discovered in China if im not mistaken.

...:o That post wasn't even in this thread!

That book is WRONG :tu:

Saurophaganax possibly could of grwn over 50.

...:o That post wasn't even in this thread!

I know fishboy! :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

I think its pretty hard to tell on this subject, what was the heaviest, longest, more fierce, lager skull, larger teeth. All in all these theropods were huge eating machines. Maybe some were scavengers and maybe some were hunters, either way i wouldnt want to be in a situation with one. I also think some of the bigger ones may of been slightly lazier and not as fierce. Being bigger they may of been slower, although size is deffintely intimidating, but i think allosaurus would of been a scarier dinosaur then mapusaurus or giganotosaurus, but scientists really dont know a whole lot as far as their activities, speed and or eating habits.

But if i was to go with the largest carnivore i'd say it would be a toss up for sure between spinosaurus, allosaurus maximus, giganotosaurus and this new mapusaurus. Currie and Roldofo found this new mapusaurus and they are of the highest credited in the field and they said that the femur of mapusaurus was longer but skinnier than of giganotosaurus. So maybe mapusaurus was lankier but weight was around the same as of giganotosaurus. All in all these ancient animals are really impressive and very exciting. :tu:

If the bones of these creatures had not been found I would refuse to believe that such things could possibly have existed. The more we find the wierder these things get.

• 1 month later...
Going off topic a WEE bit: Frogfish, do you have Asperger's Syndrome? You know lots about things and have a very logical mind. I have Asperger's Syndrome. Does anyone else have Asperger's Syndrome?

i think it more OCD he is pretty set on that Allosaur. :rolleyes:

and as to the charchadontasauras, go to paul serenos site, as i recal he discovered it (but i been wrong before)

FIRST OF ALL godzilla DID fight king kong and completely kicked his ass, even though kong grabbed some power cables and learned to shoot electricity. i think it doesn't really matters who was bigger but who was more advanced, cause even if the dinosaur was over 50 feet long, if he was faced with a more cunning but slightly smaller killer, he would've been doomed.

FIRST OF ALL godzilla DID fight king kong and completely kicked his ass, even though kong grabbed some power cables and learned to shoot electricity. i think it doesn't really matters who was bigger but who was more advanced, cause even if the dinosaur was over 50 feet long, if he was faced with a more cunning but slightly smaller killer, he would've been doomed.

P.S. SPINOSAURUS SUCKS!!!!!!!!