Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

T rex might still claim the title back

king of dino's

Frog that dosnt matter t-rex would kill them both,Im sick of people looking down at the most ferocious dinosaur that ever lived.Show some respect tot he dinosaur that could kill anything.

I'm tired of people saying Rex was a vicious predator. It was a carrion-eating scavenger. It's not even classed as a carnosaur anymore. Uh, nevermind. I did a bit of reaserch, I was wrong. And for the record, Allosaurus, Charcarodontosaurus, Giganotosaurus, and Spinosaurus all own it.

Edited by sadistic jellyfish of doom

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DigitalDreamer

• draconic chronicler

• KillerOrca

• Cormorant

Ah your funny,Go become a stand up comidian and tell funny jokes like thatone cause it sure as hell made me lauph.I want proof that t-rex was 100% scavenger,Even if that 100% fake fact isnt true.Even if it was it could still pwn any thing.

I'm tired of people saying Rex was a vicious predator. It was a carrion-eating scavenger. It's not even classed as a carnosaur anymore. And for the record, Allosaurus, Charcarodontosaurus, Giganotosaurus, and Spinosaurus all own it.

I can't believe you listen to this Jack horner propoganda. T-Rex is still a Tyrannosaur.

You know what,If some day there is solid proof that t-rex was only a scavenger wich i highly doubt will ever happen.What will people try to say next?T-rex was a herbivore?I hate people who are so nitpicky about evry little thing that they try to make up facts and tell people they are true.

Just because it has a larger jaw dosnt mean anything,If a croc had the bite force of a human would that do any good?Exactly it wouldnt which means bigger jaw dosnt mean anything,Oce again if you wnat to try to sound smart read the privious posts.As i said befor the arms of a spino would be useless in a fight so get over it,How could a t-rex be slow when it had to hunt saome times?The spino would be slower because all it has to do is shoot its head into the water,Ya that makes ense dosnt it a spino is fast.get real,T-rex isnt easilly injured if it faught most of its life.Generations of t-rex evolved tougher because the toughest males mated which means they wouldnt be injured easy,Especially by a spino.

Actulay if you had a tall person with long legs that would raced with a normal person, the taller person would win.

If you had a fight with a fat person you would lose. Because that person has weight beind the power.

You should look at the pictures between a spino and t-rex via size.

How old are you?

Oh ok so a 500 pound guy would win in a fight against a pro boxer?Besides if you knew anything wich i doubt spino was built lighter than t-rex wich means t-rex had a strong punch (Ram with head,ect) Because you say a "fat guy" would have power behind its punch wich means a spino fan boy just gave some more proof that t-rex would win in a fight.

Now after my statement,How old are YOU?

Digital Dreamer:

you are dreaming lol

you only want t-rex because....its you fav dino right?

...how old are you guys?

Both T-rex and Spino were dangerous and powerful hunters. Spino had size, while T-rex had weight.

It would probably be like a powerful heavyweight vs. a fast mediumweight. A good fight!

How old is evryone but me?

eric you only want spino to win cause its your fav dino right?

I dont wnat t-rex to win,I know it would win.For once frog i agree,I think it would be a good match.

How old is evryone but me?

eric you only want spino to win cause its your fav dino right?

I dont wnat t-rex to win,I know it would win.For once frog i agree,I think it would be a good match.

Its not a matter of favorites, it is a matter that the new Spino is a third larger than every other theropod based on the current fossils. Equally sized animals, yes it would be a close fight, but A THIRD BIGGER makes a lot of difference. Even though a spino the size of a Rex would be lighter, this biggest Spino would be heavier than any other Theropod as well. These are simple scientific facts that have nothing to do with fanboy preferences. Its like a heavyweight fighter versus a featherweight. The featherweight might win, but highly unlikey.

And that is why the scientists that helped with JP3 had the Spino win, it was supposed to be a much larger animal, even though it was not so apparent in the film. Grant called it a "superpredator" indicating it was a much larger animal than the Rex. But in real life, the two animals would probably not fight to the death, this almost never happens in nature betwen two closely matched predators.

I agree you on that one.

and btw they just found out that t-rex didnt stand somehting or i duno?

Draconic,Hidden under your boxing example you basically said "the spino would win most of the time,And the t-rex would win some of the time" wich i expected you to say.but "feather weights" shouldnt be put down,Im sure any feather weight could take down any heavy weight.In boxing that is.

No matter who would win in a one-on-one death match, I wouldn't want to be face-face-face with either one.

And besides, who can tell for certain how much more or less powerful one species was over the other? I hear so many conflicting theories about whether or not certain Theropods were scavengers or hunters that I dont know what to believe. I can accept the T. rex scavenger theory - even powerfully built animals such as the Kodiak bears are mainly omnivores with an emphasis on vegitation and carrion (T. rex:Bears, apples:oranges, I know).

I will also give the Spino supporters this: the bias towards T. rex is there. He's been almost everyone's childhood favorite since it was discovered because the simple fact remains: T. rex is bad ass.

You evidentally don't.

Believe it or not, real, famous, PHd carrying paleontologists were advisors in Jurassic Park, and they recognized Spino as both the largest, AND most formidable dino, and this was even before the new, possibly 60 foot super spino was found. Do you really think you know more about this than real paleontologists?

I really doubt it.

You are misquoting me. Yes a 60 foot spino is probably heavier than a forty foot Rex, but this is because it is a full third bigger. But it is still a more gracile built and therefor much faster animal, just as if there were a 60 foot velociraptor. The sail is not a hindrance, if anything, it helped this dino warm up and cool off quicker than ANY other large carnosaur, another great advantage.

We also know Spino hunted other large prey, not just fish. Their teeth have been found imbedded in other dinosaur bones. And if you knew anything about reptiles, you would know that young crocodiles eat mostly fish, but large crocs mostly go for big mammalian prey when it is available, often outsizing them like water buffalo. It was probably the same thing with Spino.

And here is another important thing that has been ignored in this discussion. Unlike the Rex, which was the only big Carnosaur of its time and place, Spinos seemed to live side by side, for millions of years with another awesome predator, possibly also larger than T Rex, the Charcodonosaurus. This suggestd Spino could hold its own against more conventional theropods of large size, and unlike Rex, may have sometimes actually fought with other species of carnosaur.

And although I do not agree, there are PHd carrying, famous paleotologists who know far more about dinos than you, that have made a reasonable argument that T Rex is nothing but a scavenger, whereas Spinos snatched pterodactlys out of the sky if we are to believe the fossil evidence, and catching fish requires a predators skill, unlike simply sniffing out and scarfing down rotten meet. No wonder it didn't need a predator's forearms, it may very well have been just an "overgrown garbage disposal on hind legs".

Indeed! There is evidence enough to show that spinosaur was a superb predator, as opposed to the possible hunter/scavenger routine of the T. rex. But just because there is a fossil of a spino with a half-digested pterosaur in its belly doesn't mean it was plucked out of the sky. Most large pterosaurs were slow and ungainly on land - easy pickings for any large predator.

Yeah, Frogfish, I did some research, and you're right. I've been a bit off on my knowledge lately. But that dosen't change Allosaurus being cooler. :P

Edited by sadistic jellyfish of doom

• 4 weeks later...

FRankly, I think your all off your rockers. Your too biases. They could bothe ither win or lose depending on the situation. Factors like age, experiance, weather habitat. It would all affect the fight. And I say again from earlier posts: you all need to calm down. We're not in a bloody boxing ring trying to knock each other out.

And just as a pointer, lets not give any personal info out. I mean this as age, name, where you live, etc. And dont ask for it either.

Now back to the matter at hand. The first thing I want you all to do is bring three articles supporting your side of the story. We will read them and then together way the outcome in a nonbiased manner. I will act as the fully non biased overviewer for as far as I know I am the only one who teaches college level. I do say its not paleontology but throuh biology Ive learned a thing or two as the people on other sites can agree to. Now if anyone has any discrepencies state them now and get on with the articles.

It's my FIRST post here, I like this place but I find this debate interesting so I'll participate

Here is a dino comparison chart, It's not the truth, as it shows a 50 foot spino. Spino was actually 60-70 feet

linked-image

Let's see what happens when i scale up the spino to fit its real size

linked-image

Another example

Here is the T rex & spino comparison of JP3. And again here the spino is 45 feet

linked-image

linked-image

It's GREAT to be here :):tu:

BTW i have a forum called Combative Animals

Edited by KillerOrca

It's my FIRST post here, I like this place but I find this debate interesting so I'll participate

Here is a dino comparison chart, It's not the truth, as it shows a 50 foot spino. Spino was actually 60-70 feet

linked-image

linked-image

Another example

Here is the T rex & spino comparison of JP3. And again here the spino is 45 feet

linked-image

linked-image

It's GREAT to be here :):tu:

BTW i have a forum called Combative Animals

Welcome to um orca,But since when do pictures prove anything when theres nothing to back the pictures up?I could post a pic of a rex 3 times larger than a spino and that would be acurate?Unless theres a bite behind a bark than all thats left is hot air.ANd by the way there was no dinosaur in jp3 called spinosaurus,All i saw was a movie monster that continuously changed size and was able to brake thrue a small plane with just its snout.The real spinosaurus isnt that long and just because wiki sas it is dosnt mean its true becase people can edit wiki and change it to what ever they want it to say.

Edited by DigitalDreamer

Welcome to um orca,But since when do pictures prove anything when theres nothing to back the pictures up?

Nothing except fossilized remains. :rolleyes:

Remains wich have no def facts about them <_<

Remains wich have no def facts about them <_<

The spino was ACTUALLY 60 ft -70ft & weighted 9tons-12 tons. With that size, I dont think the T Rex can survive. Not even a chance

Yes, there are fossils to prove that. Some say that the spino specimens that were discovered & distroyed were actually 60 ft in length

But since when do pictures prove anything when theres nothing to back the pictures up?I could post a pic of a rex 3 times larger than a spino and that would be acurate?

Yes, there are fossils

I could post a pic of a rex 3 times larger than a spino and that would be acurate?

Nope, it wont be acurate coz the spino was WAY larger than t Rex

ANd by the way there was no dinosaur in jp3 called spinosaurus,All i saw was a movie monster that continuously changed size and was able to brake thrue a small plane with just its snout.

Yes,I agree ,it's not accurate coz the spino that was used there was 45 ft .The actual size was 60 -70 ft

The real spinosaurus isnt that long

The real spino was even bigger than the one in the movie. In JP3 they used a 45 ft one because they werent sure that the spino was actually 60 ft.

because wiki sas it is dosnt mean its true becase people can edit wiki and change it to what ever they want it to say

Oh, yes, it's true. I LIVE in Egypt & many people say that the specimens found were 57 ft -72 ft.

The spino was ACTUALLY 60 ft -70ft & weighted 9tons-12 tons. With that size, I dont think the T Rex can survive. Not even a chance

Great work Orca, and welcome to UM. You won't get an argument from me, as you'll know if you read all the posts. But your illustrations prove how absurd the notion of such a fight even being close. I'll be the first to say however that it is silly to assume such animals would automatically fight to the death. But when the size disparity is so great as we now know it was, it is very possible that other "large" theropods could simply be regarded as "prey" to the enormous adult Spino. It is probably a good thing for T-Rex that Spino DID live in another place and time, or it may have regularly been on the Spino's menu! The lumbering rex with almost useless front claws might have been considered easier prey to a huge spino than a triceratops, if the huge spinos were somehow transported to late Cretaceous Montana.

I believe the reason Spino got so large was that its environment was UNIQUE in that it lived in the same place and time as another large theropod, the Charcodonosaurus, something T REx never had to contend with, although it is clear they did fight among themselves as the fossil evidence shows.

So in what is now modern North Africa, we see a Theropod "Arms Race" between these two monsters, and it seems the Spino won. The reason these two species could co=exist may be becasue Spino may have favored a semi aquatic environment as it jaws indicate, and Charco may have wisely kept to the more arid areas.

I'll have to check out your site now.