Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My son saw a little black 'demon'?

Tori1138

Okay, this is weird to me but my son swears he saw a small black man or maybe not a man but a thing with a red 'X' on his chest in our kitchen. My son was 5 yrs old at the time and I had actually forgotten about it until yesterday when he mentioned it again with the same detail from 9 yrs ago. He says I was asleep on the couch and his older brother was in the bedroom playing with legos when he went to the kitchen to get a drink. He sees as he describes a 2 or so foot black thing which had arms and legs, a head but no face or ears or hair, no clothes, just a red 'X' on his chest. He was holding this really old looking knife and jumped out from behind the fridge and came running toward my son. My son said he screamed out and the thing ran back behind the fridge. He had come crying and hysterical to me and I checked but didn't find anything. He had nightmares for months. He can now still describe it exactly as he did when he was 5........what the heck did he see? Was it just his imagination? My older son used to say he saw wtches at the window at night and he swore he wasn't dreaming! I'm glad we moved from that house!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• Idriss

• R3LOAD

• Tori1138

Okay, this is weird to me but my son swears he saw a small black man or maybe not a man but a thing with a red 'X' on his chest in our kitchen. My son was 5 yrs old at the time and I had actually forgotten about it until yesterday when he mentioned it again with the same detail from 9 yrs ago. He says I was asleep on the couch and his older brother was in the bedroom playing with legos when he went to the kitchen to get a drink. He sees as he describes a 2 or so foot black thing which had arms and legs, a head but no face or ears or hair, no clothes, just a red 'X' on his chest. He was holding this really old looking knife and jumped out from behind the fridge and came running toward my son. My son said he screamed out and the thing ran back behind the fridge. He had come crying and hysterical to me and I checked but didn't find anything. He had nightmares for months. He can now still describe it exactly as he did when he was 5........what the heck did he see? Was it just his imagination? My older son used to say he saw wtches at the window at night and he swore he wasn't dreaming! I'm glad we moved from that house!!

Hey tori, welcome to UM, it was most likely his imagination or he was making it up completely to get attention, no offense at all but often times kids will make up stories to get more attention, especially when there is another sibling in the household, i def. wouldnt put too much thought into it. thanks for sharing

Hey tori, welcome to UM, it was most likely his imagination or he was making it up completely to get attention, no offense at all but often times kids will make up stories to get more attention, especially when there is another sibling in the household, i def. wouldnt put too much thought into it. thanks for sharing

Yea, I always knew or thought he was making it up but now that he's older, 14, when he spoke of it yesterday and I asked him to seriously tell me he saw that thing he was so deathly serious about it. Usually he'll smile or laugh and look away when I ask hm to be serious and not joke around but not this time. It is just weird to me. On one hand I'm sure he made it up but on the other hand why is he still so serious about it?

Yea, I always knew or thought he was making it up but now that he's older, 14, when he spoke of it yesterday and I asked him to seriously tell me he saw that thing he was so deathly serious about it. Usually he'll smile or laugh and look away when I ask hm to be serious and not joke around but not this time. It is just weird to me. On one hand I'm sure he made it up but on the other hand why is he still so serious about it?

Sometimes when children make up lies (im very sorry for calling your son a liar, it is very common in children his age though) they get so impressed on there memory that later in life they will think it actually happened, in reverse sometimes bad experiences (eg sexual abuse) will be pushed off into the subconcious mind, this may be what happened with your son

I have three children and all of them have had a paranormal encounter of some kind around the ages of 4 & 5. I believe what they tell me they saw, they were terrified and in the case of my son, shaking with fear for an hour. I think young children are more prone to see or hear supernatural things, and we adults just dismiss their encounters as 'imagination'. I say believe your son. Obviously he was tramatized by his encounter in the kitchen if he can still describe it to you like it was yesterday. Why would he lie? Did he lie often as a small child? If not, then you should believe him!

funny fact is description, and in a way it makes me kinda belive the story is credible,

Everything we know has face, anything on this planet is with face, animals, humans, faces everywhere, thats what trigers that little intrest in his story, he saw a faceless thing,

as a kid we all make up things, but they are useally similar to things we encounter in everyday life, ih he saw a monster of some sort, something with hornw, big eyes or teeth, i would say he saw a scary cartoon or movie, and it was still freaking him out, but since it was faceless i say you should maybe look into this :) go back to the house do some investigating, ask new owners if their kids, or pets are noticing anything wierd :)

Little kids often see stuff like that, its just imagination. 100% imagination, my brother when he was little was seeing stuff like that pretty often, many kids do.

Ghostly phenomena is frequent in our lives spirits with no clothes no legs just a frail figure are not Demons.My next door neighbours house was haunted by a person who comitted suicide when I was young I remember seeing an old man walking down the passage I was in a dream state and I could feel a cold shiver cases like this are common allover the world.

Since your son is older and he swears he didn't make it up, it could be a miget shadow person I guess. That's all I can think of. Maybe you should look up different types of shadow people, and see what you can come up with if you really feel the need to.

Sounds like imagination to me. Maybe he dreamed it and now he remembers it as reality because the dream was so vivid and scared him so badly.

Midget shadow people? :hmm:

Hello Friends:

I have heard of strange stories but this may be checked out

on a chil overactive imagination but I'll check deeper into this

if I were you.

it does kinda seem like he imagined it.if it was demonic i doubt it would have turned and ran when your son screamed.they feed on fear.i have'nt heard of a shadow person ever coming toward someone face to face.it's a strange story though.

I can remember being extremely frustrated with my parents for not believing me when I told them I saw an entity in my room. I was so terrified seeing this thing standing next to my wardrobe (tall man with pale face) that I had to be taken to the doctors.

I was 7 at the time, and it was dismissed as a "daydream" or "waking dream" that apparently some children have when feverish?? (had no illness at the time).

I could not understand why my parents wouldn't believe me, and my brother making fun of my fear to be left alone for one minute added insult to injury.

You cannot possibly dismiss that your son saw this thing. Its quite possible due to the fantastical description that he may have added parts on, as in the red cross may have been a red shape or light, and the knife may have been a shadow or movement of the thing. Kids sometimes piece the jigsaw together with imagination when things arent understood at the time.

But I would never dismiss his story. I saw some pretty strange things when I was young, and stand by the fact that in basis, I did see them.

Children have open minds and open eyes, we should always respect that.

It could have been a lower level Demon. If your older son was seeing witches out the window at night, they could have been some spirits of a witches coven that used to summon demons and maybe that one jus got trapped there with their spirits. Or maybe it killed the witches that summoned it, and it was tied to the house unable to go back to its own plain of existence. I hope this helps.

srcinc :)

• 2 weeks later...

i actually saw something like that when i was 6 but it was tall and looked like the devil and it walked across my living room.....after that i was hearing talking when no one was around, having blackouts, it went away for about 6-8 years and then started again, and then it was more like door nobs turning while locked, screams, girl calling my name from the other room, waking up with cuts on my hands, and at the same time id know test anwsers without even going to class, some other voice in my head told me anything id think about, then it stopped and came back when i was 18 and thats when i started seeing what looked like people from far away but closer up theyer faces would be just white blanks....psychologusts font think im crazy i went to 2 of em, only other explanatiom is the penial gland theory, where if it becomes active it alows us to see things that we norrmanly dont...i fell a couple times when i was 3-4 and was knocked out for a couple days each time...either ur son is gon end up seeing things u cant even imagine, and be afraid of mirrors in certain houses...or he has a higher imagination, which would actualy make him think that he really is seeing it, which would not be a good thing since he saw it about to stab u....

I don't think your son is making it up. why would he be so scared after seeing it so much?! :hmm: i think the worst thing for a child is having adults saying 'it's just your imagination' when it was VERY REAL that i personally think could affect their self-esteem etc

Edited by Kahrie

Okay, this is weird to me but my son swears he saw a small black man or ....

Elementals my friend...Elementals !

This may seem a bit.. Umm... Ordinary of an explanation, but maybe.. just maybe.. Hallucination is the cause. When I was very young, I think somewhere between four and six years of age. I shared a room with my older sister, we slept on a homemade bunkbed, because of my wall being tilted due to the roof, the beds base was a ways from the wall. But I, my mother, and my older sister were all in my room cleaning up a bit. I looked over to my bed, and from this spot between the wall and the base, I saw three organic.. robotic beings. (as an odd note, the looked similar to three of the Zoids (remember those toys?) released the next year... However I think it may have been me adjusting their appearance in my mind) But i saw them chatter away with eachother in some clicking tongue, and then they dropped out of view behind my bed, and were gone. No one in the room saw anything, heard anything.. whatever. I was simply hallucinating.

It should also be noted that hallucinations are common, ask any Army Ranger about training, every one I know of says they had some wierd hallucination during training due to the sleep loss, such things as buying a coke from a non-existant vendor and trying to drink a pinecone, to watching your legs explode into flames.

However, it could always have been a lesser demon of fear... Although If it was I am certain you would have felt something as well.

Were you missing any knifes by chance that you remember?

((Sorry if anyone had asked this....didn't read much of the posts))

In my opinion he just had a very over-active imagination. Kids minds can be very under-devoloped through the ages when they grow up, and it's no surprise if he had seen a scary horror movie that lead his mind to create something like this 'little black demon'.

You're last comment about your older son seeing witches at night through the window, is highly unlikely. So many things can pop out of the dark - especially if your a kid ;).

Children are more open to things like that in my opinion.When I was little I used to see things all the time and I still do just not as much.I think you should believe him. kids lie and use their imagination but usually there are gaps and things that don't make sense I know I work in a daycare.When something is made up it is usually incomplete and completely off the wall.but your sons story seems consistant.

No one is calling the kid a liar. Kids have active imaginations and he may believe he saw something. He may have seen something he couldn't explain and so he exaggerated it in his own mind. Many things can cause visual and audio hallucinations. :yes:

i experienced thing similar to what your kid has when i was 2-3 and it wasn't a hallucination because i had my mom see it and my cousin see it and i don't think we were all hallucinating the same thing at the same time

in fact these memories are some of my first, back then my bed was across from my closet(a door with a handle) and alot of nights there would be this "witch" i guess you could say would burst out of the closet and laugh at me, and one night my cousin came over and the same thing happened except my cousin was like 6-7 at the time and she saw the same thing and we were both yelling and when our parents came in it went back in.

and my mom claims alot of times she would wake up hearing me crying on the baby monitor and when she came in my room she would see my fast asleep with no signs of crying but my toys were everywhere and since i was like....an infant i couldn't have gotta out of my crib and moved them, needless to say we moved lol

i've seen these things ever since that experience but i don't see as much these days, i kinda gotten used to it but it can be traumatizing

i wouldn't put it down as just imagination just yet

My two cents worth. The old TV Show "PSI Factor" With Dan Akroyd did a show on reports of Small , Demon like creatures that have been reported through out time. Now I know this was a show for entertainment but Dans Brother is a real Haunting Investigator.

Speculate from there I guess! :unsure2:

Children are more open to things like that in my opinion.When I was little I used to see things all the time and I still do just not as much.I think you should believe him. kids lie and use their imagination but usually there are gaps and things that don't make sense I know I work in a daycare.When something is made up it is usually incomplete and completely off the wall.but your sons story seems consistant.

I agree with you undeadDoll i work with children and it is obvious when they are lying to you :yes:

i experienced thing similar to what your kid has when i was 2-3 and it wasn't a hallucination because i had my mom see it and my cousin see it and i don't think we were all hallucinating the same thing at the same time

Well if you were hallucinating because of infrasound you call could have hallucinated it simultaneously. Infrasound link.

So I don't think we should chalk it all up to demons yet.... ;)