Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An apology from a Bush voter

Imaginary Friend

By Doug McIntyre

Host, McIntyre in the Morning

Talk Radio 790 KABC

There’s nothing harder in public life than admitting you’re wrong. By the way, admitting you’re wrong can be even tougher in private life. If you don’t believe me, just ask Bill Clinton or Charlie Sheen. But when you go out on the limb in public, it’s out there where everyone can see it, or in my case, hear it.

So, I’m saying today, I was wrong to have voted for George W. Bush. In historic terms, I believe George W. Bush is the worst two-term President in the history of the country. Worse than Grant. I also believe a case can be made that he’s the worst President, period.

In 2000, I was a McCain guy. I wasn’t sure about the Texas Governor. He had name recognition and a lot of money behind him, but other than that? What? Still, I was sick of all the Clinton shenanigans and the thought of President Gore was… unthinkable. So, GWB became my guy.

For the first few months he was just flubbing along like most new Presidents, no great shakes, but no disasters either. He cut taxes and I like tax cuts.

Then September 11th happened. September 11th changed everything for me, like it did for so many of you. After September 11th, all the intramural idiocy of American politics stopped being funny. We had been attacked by a vicious and determined enemy and it was time for all of us to row in the same direction.

And we did for the blink of an eye. I believed the President when he said we were going to hunt down Bin Laden and all those responsible for the 9-11 murders. I believed President Bush when he said we would go after the terrorists and the nations that harbored them. (Cont. @ Link)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Watzel

• manapa99

• Imaginary Friend

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He still doesn't let the dems off the hook either...

I believe that George W. Bush has taken us down a terrible road. I don’t believe the Democrats are offering an alternative.

Tragically, the Democrats have allowed crackpots, leftists and demagogic cowards to snipe from the sidelines while taking no responsibility for anything. In fairness, I don’t believe a Democrat president would have gone into Iraq. Unfortunately, I don’t know if President Gore would have gone into Afghanistan. And that’s one of the many problems with the Democrats.

This guy is a bit late though, ever since Bush's rating kept falling, lots of republicans jumped off the band wagon to save their own arses.

So this guy really isn't "out there" but just following a new trend in politics to keep his listeners on his radio station.

When GWB won the election the first time, I had this eerie sinking feeling that something bad was going to happen. Something bad that would happen in the world. I guess part of me knew it wasn't going to be good somehow for the future.

The Second time he was elected I was dumbfounded. :blink:

When GWB won the election the first time, I had this eerie sinking feeling that something bad was going to happen. Something bad that would happen in the world. I guess part of me knew it wasn't going to be good somehow for the future.

The Second time he was elected I was dumbfounded. :blink:

i know exactly what you mean...

i thought for sure he would never have gotten elected for the 2nd term man was i surprised...

everyone just kept turning a blind eye to all the stuff he was screwing up... i dunno why though