Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1975 Coup D'etat in Australia

quaneeri

Coup D'etat in Australia:

25 Years of Cover-Up. wink2.gif

The security crisis reached its peak in early November 1975. In October, various Labor staff members, including those at the Prime Minister's department, began to look into foreign intelligence involvement in Australia, including the U.S. bases.

They received a tip about Richard Stallings, the head of Pine Gap between 1966 and 1968, during the base's construction. Whitlam heard that he was a CIA employee working under the cover of the U.S. Defense Department. In order to authenticate the information, the Prime Minister's Department asked the Foreign Affairs Department for its list of all CIA agents in Australia. Stallings' name was not on it. However, it came to Whitlam's attention that the Australian Defence Department kept a more comprehensive list. Richard Stallings appeared on that list.

Sir Arthur Tange, permanent head of the Defense Department, warned Whitlam that he (Tange) had a duty to inform the CIA that Whitlam knew the identity of one of its deep cover agents. Apparently Whitlam did not object. The CIA now knew what Whitlam was up to.

Full Story:

http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/Articles/20...0Cover-Up2.html

• 2 years later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quaneeri

• Lord Umbarger

• Troll Account

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno about a coup in Australia but, I do remember hearing about the Hutt River Province declaring independance. even at that, I never heward how it all came out.

I think I read something about that in a book about the CIA. I heard of Hutt river, too but thats different not a coup he just found a loophole. Maybe I should immigrate! :DHutt River