Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ghost of Harry Price

Cufflink

A strange story that may or may not involve Harry Price:

Most people know of Harry Price, the prominent ghost hunter of the first half of the 20th century. The controversial paranormal investigator died in March 1948.

At about the same time he died, a Swedish man known by the pseudonym `Erson' saw a figure appear beside his bed speaking English, which Erson could not understand.

The figure began to appear on a regular basis, so much so, that Erson picked up enough English to hold a conversation with the apparition. On one of these occasions Erson tried to photograph the figure, which appeared quite solid, but the photographs apparently showed nothing.

At a hospital where Erson was undergoing treatment, he discussed the matter with a doctor, who by good fortune happened to be interested in psychical research. From Erson's description the doctor identified the ghost as Harry Price.

There has never been any explanation as to why Price, if it were he, would appear in a foreign country, to an non English speaker, who had no interest in the paranormal.

Like I said, a strange story.

Cuff

post-10-1065403566.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cufflink

• dancin'hamster

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right, two can play the bumping game....sorry, that didn't come out right. wink2.gif

Anyone got any more details on this tale, or is it an urban myth?

Right, two can play the bumping game....

Tart!

I've heard this story as well.............and Price was supposedly seen wandering through the wreckage of Borley Rectory .... busy chap!

I think the problem here is that people tend to label ghosts strainght away.

A female figure is seen wandering along where a famous woman lived (say Anne Boleyn- spelling?) so people assume that it's her!!! Aaargh.......I can't put it into words - I'm too tired.....you know what I mean Cuffs.

Tired & Bleary Hammy x x x

I'm doubtful about the whole story, Hammy.

You do look tired, mind. tongue.gif

Should get more sleep. wink2.gif

Yeah well, you know the saying ~ "too much bed, not enough sleep"

Yeah well, you know the saying ~ "too much bed, not enough sleep"

No comment. rolleyes.gif