Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Grim Reaper

Metalix Knightmare

Just post what you think and state your reasons.

Personally,I think he's not evil. I mean think about it! While death may be an awful thing, a world without death is even worse. The world would've ran out of space and food a LONG time ago. Plus imagen a world where Hitler was still alive.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• peachykeane

• TheOracle

• Agent_21

He's neutral. neither good nor evil. death happens to us all. there are no favourites, it takes young and old, poor and rich, short, tall, fat, thin....

My opinion... Death is evil.

Nothing was planned to die, there is no circle of life and death.

There will be a time when death will die... or at least contained... haven't figgured out which in my little theory.

I think hes evil.... i mean a skeleton.. with a black cloak... and a sycle... i don;t knwo hwo to spell it... its tha stick with the curved knife at the end....

he looks pretty cool though... grin2.gif

Maybe it's simply another type of manifestation that appears to us as our consciousness alters at the point of death. Some see relatives, some angels some the reaper. Whether this is a totally brain based phenomona or, as I believe, the first glimpse of something else he belongs in the same category as other death bed visions, not evil just doing a job!

Death is not evil, just very, very good at his job.

I agree wth Al.

Tho I do prefer Terry Pratchetts view of him.

original.gif

Grim Reaper......Angels......Two diffrent of persons..Angel(good) wub.gif Grim reaper(evil) po.gif that is what most of the people thinks, But for me the riper is just doing the work he been told by GOD himself and i think he is cool.... notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Family Guy 'Death' is also pretty fun-kay.

And of course, all skeletons are evil.

Just a thought, have there been any reported sightings of the cheeky old codger? A mate of mine once claimed to have seen 'Death' whilst camping in a rather remote dark forest. Of course, we were all fairly drunk at the time, but still... I didn't move for about an hour, and I started to be thankful for bringing a change of underwear.

There have been alleged sightings yes, along the lines of angelic visions and normally seen accompanyng someone who it was later discovered had died. Interestingly there is no feeling of terror or evil ascociated with this either from the witness or from those being taken.

Well,

If you believe me or not I have seen and felt spirit's, bad and good my whole life. Seeing thing's like that is pretty common in my family. Anyway I have seen death before. More than once and he had the most powerful feeling to him that I've ever felt from a spirit. But he did'nt feel evil. It was more a very intimadating feeling. I've seen'em three time's now and it seem's like he hang's around a person who is dieing for a little while before they die. Waiting untill peaple say thier goodbye's. Well anyway if you have any question's just e-mail me. w00t.gif

I don't believe that the Grim Reaper is evil. I do believe he is good and is there to guide us through the passage of death.

Maybe these lost souls are those that feared the reaper and did not take his guidance and in doing so are trapped and unable to go on to the next plane...Just a thought dontgetit.gif

Well I guess he's just doing his routines right?I don't know how am I suppose to judge him but I think he's far off better than those pathetic terrorists. mad.gif

I agree. He is just doing his job, maybe he just seems evil sometimes because he is at work and is angry at his boss or something.

I agree wth Al.

Tho I do prefer Terry Pratchetts view of him.

original.gif

AS DO I.......(a little prachett humor there)

I don't actually know of any near death experiences where the experiencer claims to have seen the grim reaper ..

I do find facinating the I dea of discovering where the myth originated .

Peachy , have you got any references it sounds like you have done a little research into this .

At this point I would like to say again that what I experienced could be describedas your classic grim reaper look alike . Only it didn't involve any death ..

If you weren't really dead Kismit then there would be no reason for The Reaper to be there I would think.

No Oracle I didn't actually see the reaper , just something that looked like your basic big black hooded thing .. and all this discussing the myth of the grim reaper made me wonder if it was sightings like the one I had that may have led to the picture most of us view as death or the grim reaper .

I don't think the death is evil or good. It just exists. cool.gif

Maybe these lost souls are those that feared the reaper and did not take his guidance and in doing so are trapped and unable to go on to the next plane...Just a thought

Hey, that sounds like a good theory! thumbsup.gifthumbup.gif

I don't think the Grim Reaper is evil. I also don't think that death, or to die, is bad. We may think that because we lose someone we love and everything. Dieing can't really be to bad if it happens to everyone. rainfro.gif

But anyway, I don't believe that the Grim Reaper is evil. sasmokin.gif

"If he is not evil, then why doesn't an angel come to take you away. There must be some reason a reaper gonna come instead of an angel. "

To answer sarkypi's question, one of the names for the Grim Reaper is The ANGEL of Death.

To add something else to my topic do you think Grim has any relations to the Lady in white? I have a few thoughts as to what it may be.

(By the way the Death in Family Guy is pretty dang funny.)

I think the Grim Reaper is just a metaphor for death, a symbol of passing on. Think of the New Year's imagery of the baby and old man, with the old man representing the outgoing year. The Reaper kind of looks like a very thin man (the skeletal thing aside), and his scythe represents people's lives being "reaped" like wheat. But the Family Guy's representation of Death is the best, by far! laugh.gif

Yes, I agree with Vera. It is a metaphor. But people do occasionally see such figures as in the hospital story I mentioned in the other reaper thread. 'It' isn't evil, just neutral IMO.

A:21

I've never really thought about the grim reaper, but if he/she exists, I guess they are just doing what they were ment to do.

I had always thought that when your time comes, some one you love comes to show you the way..... and ghosts are lost souls that were not shown how to move on by a loved one, either unloved or unable to love and therefore stuck in this world.

Just a thought.