Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Brazilian Stonehenge' discovered

UM-Bot

news icon rBrazilian archaeologists have found an ancient stone structure in a remote corner of the Amazon that may cast new light on the region's past. The site, thought to be an observatory or place of worship, pre-dates European colonisation and is said to suggest a sophisticated knowledge of astronomy.

Its appearance is being compared to the English site of Stonehenge. It was traditionally thought that before European colonisation, the Amazon had no advanced societies.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: BBC News

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• louie

• Pax Unum

• slurpygloop

Top Posters In This Topic

good find Saruman, but this story was posted already.... LINK-> 'Brazilian Stonehenge', discovered

Edited by Pax Unum

good find Saruman, but this story was posted already.... LINK-> 'Brazilian Stonehenge', discovered

Just makes you wonder how these different cultures "received" the knowledge to seek and decipher such material... :wacko: Especially Chichen Itza-check it out-it'a a trip...no wonder Bush went there..or is it for other reasons,hmmm?? :hmm:

:o That is an amazing discovery ! Why haven`t I seen it on the news ? This is huge, I mean this means that the old South-American community was much more advanced than earlier belived.

I agree -- this is one terrific story. I don't think we have to jump to any unnecessary conclusions, however. These ancient people were not stupid. They studied the skies, and invented their own machineraries of knowledge.

Stonehenge is the neolithic microchip. That intelligent human beings on the other side of the Atlantic developed similar technologies is not outside the realm of plausibility and possibility.

Sometimes, I admire humans. Sometimes, I think there's a chance for us.

amazing how diffrent people all over the world were using the same techniques and yet science says they were not travelling... im convinced they were visiting new countrys