Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Multiple universes: The evidence is good

UM-Bot

I would like to try and understand what you are saying a little better, as I've heard similar explanations, but have never understood it. My guess is you are a physicist, so I hope you don't mind if I ask you some questions.

1. How do you know the particle was behaving like a wave before any observation occured?

2. Are we talking about visual observation (light reflecting from the particle to the human eye), or some other way of determining the particles position?

3. How are they behaving like a wave? Do you mean that the motion of the particle is wave like? Or do you mean that it appears spead out like a long wave at the beach, but then "condenses" to a point the size of a particle when observed? Could you use a water wave as an analogy to help explain?

4. What types of particles are we talking about?

5. Could it be a wave of particles that is causing these results, as in water particles making up the waves at the beach?

Sorry if these questions seem basic, but I was never very good with physics. I look forward to your replies.

No , I"m not a physicist, I"m just interested in Quantum Mechanics and the question: What is reality? I have my information from books/internet and from there on i make my own theories. btw the particles i mentioned where ELECTRONS....

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChanceSundance

• kraken

• Avius

• White Science

well thats (m)embrane theory, aka string.. thats the current thinking , they've done the mathematics and its elegant . their best shot thus far .

i suspect those asked in the poll may have been asked wether they believe in string theory.

or not..

Edited by Anubi

convinient for them how they have NO EVIDENCE, anyone can make up a theory about anything and spread it around but until you have hard proof it means nothing

Hate to burst you"re bubble , but actually there was this experiment named " DOUBLE SLIT Experiment" You should look it up in the library or internet.... :tu:

My guess is that, in your dreams you make or your mind makes a greater influence on yourself so monitoring or being awake, you can fight in your dreams and it all depends after that.

My guess is, that what you said here was so important to get across, that you had to post it four times. :P

FRom what I understand, the very basis of this is that a particle, for any direction it has to travel, has to have a place to go. This is the basis of the "slit test" I think. Somebody smarter than me can correct me if I'm wrong. So what this means is that for every choice you make, yeah, there is a universe there to accomodate it. The degree of importance of the choice would be the factor that makes the alternate more or less like our own. This would also mean that the universes are constantly changing and growing themselves, due to all the choices being made all the time. The only constant in all of this is that everything changes.

Oh man , I was about to go to bed then suddenly I got this STRANGE IDEA that our reality may be in fact a sub-product/sub reality of a higher dimension. This explains why GRAVITY is such a weak force compared to other forces of nature for example ELECTROMAGNETISM , because it is concentrated in another (higher) dimension...If my theorie on this is correct then are we in fact by-products of our higher-self...as our weak gravity is a sub-product of this higher dimension where gravity is a STRONG force......... Sorry , but I had to get this of my chest.....of to bed now.........zzzzzzzzzzz :sleepy:

I am not a religious man myself, but using God as a reference to how everything works is totally unscientific, as Quantum Mechanics does not have a place in church. :P

As it has been said that light travels in waves, frequencies if you like, our brain waves produce frequencies and so too does our galaxy. All things in the universe give off frequencies. Now particle movement varies depending on what form it is, for example the particles (electrons) of water, ice, and gas are classic examples of particle movement. So if you accelerate particles fast enough or slow enough, you change the physical form of matter.

Now what was my thought oh yeah, there is a part of Quantum physics that talks about Quantum Foam, this is the fabric of the universe. In this theory quantum foam create masses of virtual particles which only exist for a short time. They are particle-antiparticle pairs and are randomly created by Photons. It is theorized that in the foam is a complex of random fluctuations, with virtual particles being formed and destroyed at a very fast rate. So the theory of worm holes and black holes exist within these boundaries, and it is also theorised that it is the account for diverse physical principles as inertia, propagation of light, and time flow. According to quantum mechanics, atoms have a wave-like nature, so a single atom can be split into two separate waves and sent along two different paths, so too the theory of alternate Universes comes into effect.

This stuff is way out of my depth, I only understand the basics myself, and that is bugger all. I hope what I have writen might help some of you with this concept of Quantum mechanics. :wacko: Hell what I know could be total crap too.

Edited by Harks

Mmm, maybe there is more then one answer to the question what reality(parallel dimensions included) really is.A question with a MULTITUDE of answers is a RARE and PRECIOUS thing.One wich demonstrates both the keen insight of the QUESTIONER as well as the recursive plasticity of the universe.Maybe reality is NOT a TRUE or FALSE proposition, i think it"s a harmonious mosaic of INFINITE POSSIBILITY.The marriage of will and POTENTIALITY.Contemplating the unknownable,intellect brings forth the NEW from the NONEXISTENT. SO MAYBE, JUST MAYBE THERE ARE SOME QUESTIONS WICH HAVE NO SINGLE "ANSWER"...ONLY THE ANSWER YOU CHOOSE .... :yes:

It's an interesting theory. One that will be debated for a long time. Unfortunately

it can't be proven true or false.

:yes: Very good.

TeraLink Was Here!

I think that parallel universes do exist but certainly not in a way we could easily concieve in an ordinary state of mind. It is true to state Shamans, and other such experts in this field of study have found this to be true by alterating their mind states through meditation or with the aid specifically prepared herbs, sages, plants, there by altering the frequency that their mind is able to tap into.

I have a belief that if I were able, I could zoom into any object far enough within in it I would eventually be able to come back to where I started from, but not only that, but infinite number of every other possible outcomes of the universe.. But to do this I would litterally require to travel this in though as it is the only method fast enough to travel without time. Therefore meaning everything is made up of a smaller version of the whole or bigger version of the whole depending upon your perspective.

For example the universe we are in could be part of a molecule in the letter C on a cocacola Can for example, and that letter C is in a Universe which is a molecule of a grain of sand on a beach.. of course this would mean that everything is intricatly connected to everything within everything, and within ever molecule of everything into infinity much like a hologram.

I think the word God is merely a sign post to describe everything including my words which are like a filter describing reality, ultimately light encoding new pathways.

Edited by White Science

And in infinite universes, finding your way back to the same universe you left would be really difficult, depending on how far from home you got.

I should imagine by then, that each universe will have been assigned it's own IP. Address :P

I should imagine by then, that each universe will have been assigned it's own IP. Address :P

Each Universe could have appearance of being connected, but then so could a collection of leaves blowing in the wind, the only real divider is location, location, location, and of course frequency, 2 'physical' objects could share the same location but they would need a different resonating frequency, and there could be infinite, therefore everything could also exist everywhere at the same time in a single location. Much like an object looking to be stationery until you zoom down to its atoms to see it is infact moving whilst also stationery, location relative to the object is of course again is the reason, but the location could existing within that location also. Therefore everything is as much divided as it is singular.

Hi White Science...i have come accross this idea/theory before...and i have no problem with it at all...i too, believe its all down to frequency(or resonnance) and that 'countless worlds' probably do co-exist(in the same place/space)...I also believe that everything is connected(regardless of whether they appear to be or not)

Much like an object looking to be stationery until you zoom down to its atoms to see it is infact moving whilst also stationery, location relative to the object is of course again is the reason, but the location could existing within that location also. Therefore everything is as much divided as it is singular.

I'm not sure you are using the right analogy here though...as you seem to be describing characteristics within the same 'dimensional object'' as opposed to one object '(Co-)Existing within another..but then again(forgive me for saying)..your grammer is none too brilliant, and i may have just misunderstood what you were trying to portray...thankyou.

p.s. my comment about universes getting an IP Address was just a bit of (daft)humour to an earlier post, and does not reflect my beliefs :rofl:

Edited by kraken

I believe that there are many dimensions and have experienced time lapse myself.

The state of mind could be one theory but then how would that explain people seeing things as strange creatures etc;

I know i have been in a place not that i dreampt or put myself in a trancendental state of mind i have actually been where these things happen.

My first experience when i was a child of around 7 or 8 remembering very clearly walking down my street in the middle of the day on a typical summers day i was off school in the summer holidays and decided to visit my friend who lived within walking distance but about 5 minutes away.

The day was just the same as any other,as i turned the corner which took me to my friends street i passed a large overgrown box hedge as i past this hedge i saw something which still haunts me today although i have had many more experiences as the years have gone on but being a child when this happened i was terrified.

I was transfixed on the spot,an old lady standing at her garden gate was stroking the strangest bird i have ever seen.

It size was huge and it sat on the gate as the old lady whispered to it,it moved it's head and looked my way,frozen to the spot i was unable to do anything i kept watching and they did likewise.

I could see tiny fragments breaking up in front of me and the sight before me was becoming distauted,still watching this strange looking bird the old lady continued to stroke it and talk to it.

There was no one else around although everything felt the same and looked the same it was different somehow.

Then i suddenly felt movement in my feet and i was able to move again i turned around and ran as fast as i could not looking back for fear this beast may be following me.

Once i reached the bottom of my street i raced home dashing through the back door i almost knocked my mum flying as she was washing up at the sink in the kitchen.

I told her what had happened to me and told her of the strange bird i had just seen.

She replied that it was probably a parrot or such bird even though i was only young i wasn't stupid and was far more mature for my years.

My stepfather called to me and asked me what i had just seen,interested in the appearance of such a bird he produced a book and flicked through the pages.

When he stopped at a page he asked if it looked liked anything like the picture on the page,i was dumbstruck there it was!

The bird that he showed me was the do do!

I did pluck up the courage to return to that spot with my stepfather but nothing was there,i guessed he thought i was dreaming or something but still to this day i remember this well i am now 53 it still haunts me a terrifying scene from a dimension i had just popped into while out calling for a friend.

Hi jacqui...Thats an interesting experience...Sounds to me like you had a 'Time Slip' (i had something similar around same age '9') ...but i 'suppose' it depends on whether dodo's had existed (in the past) where you had the experience, or you were living on the island of Mauritius at the time of the experience ^_^ but..you say the old lady whispered to it, and the dodo slowly turned towards you(cue:Hairs standing on back of neck)..almost seems to me that neither the old lady, nor the dodo were what they appeared to be?... :unsure2: .

Edited by kraken

Hi kraken, I do realise you were joking about the IP!! I realise my wording/grammar is not so good in my writting here, this is because I'm at work so have to rush my posts!

The characterists I describe I beleive are within the same dimensional object, as well as being one object. I will try to describe very quickly my meaning.. Imagine a circle now imagine inside the circle there is infinite, now imagine within infinite their are infinite circles containing infinite circles. Now taking the orginal circle or any other circle imagine that every minute that circle appears in reality, at 1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds etc.. there is the same circle but a slightly different equation, of course time is really not in the equation at all, but I use it as a tool to describe. Now taking the original circle zoom out to see infact that circle is merely a nano size circle within another circle, all of these unimaginably small circles would contain the image so small we could'nt see it, and of course if we could see we would not really see it, we would be see what we have decided we can see because we see what ever we have chosen to see, we just choose to see a filter of the singular realm, our mind can see at the speed of thought the only thing standing in its way is the conditioned beleive to beleive that we can't, which of course conditions us to choose not to.

Gotta go but was gonna say about seeing energy which we all unconciously fight for hold up your fingers slightly apart in the light and watch the energy bounce around..

Hi White Science...i have come accross this idea/theory before...and i have no problem with it at all...i too, believe its all down to frequency(or resonnance) and that 'countless worlds' probably do co-exist(in the same place/space)...I also believe that everything is connected(regardless of whether they appear to be or not)

I'm not sure you are using the right analogy here though...as you seem to be describing characteristics within the same 'dimensional object'' as opposed to one object '(Co-)Existing within another..but then again(forgive me for saying)..your grammer is none too brilliant, and i may have just misunderstood what you were trying to portray...thankyou.

p.s. my comment about universes getting an IP Address was just a bit of (daft)humour to an earlier post, and does not reflect my beliefs :rofl:

Hi White Science..Yes!..I do understand what you are saying :) , but your still talking in terms of 'Zooming' in & out..

Imagine a circle now imagine inside the circle there is infinite, now imagine within infinite their are infinite circles containing infinite circles.

Now taking the original circle zoom out to see infact that circle is merely a nano size circle within another circle, all of these unimaginably small circles would contain the image so small we could'nt see it

..whereas i meant co-existing in terms of higher(or lower) vibrational rates...i think we have got our wires crossed somewhere. :hmm: .Still..i suppose either theory is possible :tu:

• 2 years later...

I believe the multi Universe theory to be true or something very similar. I go on many astral travels and often on a journey I see myself in different settings far removed from what is possible is this lifetime. I occasionally am seeing my own future, I realize this when I encounter the same moment in real life that i encountered on a journey but many times the setting and situation seems so far removed from what I consider to be possible for this lifetime that i dont know how else to explain what I am seeing. As science advances and we come closer and closer to creating artificial intelligence, I believe that we will begin to see and understand the true nature of the universe that we exist within and create for ourselves. I dont think that this is too far in the future, we are living in a lifetime that man will come to understand much. I use the word "future" hesitantly, Because time is not linear like we perceive it to be, everything that is, will be or has been is all happening this very moment.

Referring to the original article, I must propose a question:

What is the definition of 'me'?

'Me'; Is it the physical body that defines who I am, or is it my mind?

If the 'me' in an alternate universe undergoes complete cosmetic surgery of the whole body so that it does not resemble the 'me' in this universe, then is the alternate 'me' still me?

So it must be that the mind determines 'me'. It must be the patterns of consciousness and neural connections in the brain and the resultant self-awareness that determines 'me'.

But this cannot be! Why?

Because the brain is merely the hardware, the instrument for which the software is required to sustain itself. This software are our memories, and it is the experiences of our lives that determines the memories we acquire and store, and it is the memories that also make up our identity, our personality and our ego.

This simply means that, the only reason people are different is because of the different memories we acquire from individually different experiences that result in completely different 'self's or 'personalities'.

Therefore, the 'me' in the alternate universe cannot possibly be the 'me' in this universe because the experiences it goes through are different from the experiences I go through, hence, different memories are acquired and stored, and so, different personalities result.

Asheine, you are making the jump to the link between how our worlds work and computers. A jump i was reluctant to take although i believe that science will be forced to acknowledge this and so much more as we move toward enlightenment. There will be many questions and moral issues that we as a society will have to face and answer when our computers start to exhibit intelligence. Can we pull the plug?. will we have the right to?.

I believe that this is much closer that what most people realize.

Of course its the mind that determines who is me and the mind is simply a device driver to interface with reality. Where would we be without it?.

It would be like plugging your printer in and not loading the drivers for it... Good luck printing!. I dont know that the "other Me's" are really other me's or even other realities or universes for that matter. There is much that i can not explain about some of the astral travels and journeys that I go on. These are the burning questions that i have and hope to be able to answer in this incarnation. The quest continues.

Referring to the original article, I must propose a question:

What is the definition of 'me'?

'Me'; Is it the physical body that defines who I am, or is it my mind?

If the 'me' in an alternate universe undergoes complete cosmetic surgery of the whole body so that it does not resemble the 'me' in this universe, then is the alternate 'me' still me?

So it must be that the mind determines 'me'. It must be the patterns of consciousness and neural connections in the brain and the resultant self-awareness that determines 'me'.

But this cannot be! Why?

Because the brain is merely the hardware, the instrument for which the software is required to sustain itself. This software are our memories, and it is the experiences of our lives that determines the memories we acquire and store, and it is the memories that also make up our identity, our personality and our ego.

This simply means that, the only reason people are different is because of the different memories we acquire from individually different experiences that result in completely different 'self's or 'personalities'.

Therefore, the 'me' in the alternate universe cannot possibly be the 'me' in this universe because the experiences it goes through are different from the experiences I go through, hence, different memories are acquired and stored, and so, different personalities result.

I don't get how the quantum theory allows for free will. Our actions would still be determined by internal and external factors, it's just that those factors would be changed every so often by randomly appearing/disappearing particles.

Please note that this "theory" is just that, a theory. Unless the planet somehow miraculously learns how to generate so much energy(to the tune of a few Suns) it can literally blow a hole through the effect of gravity, then there's pretty much no way to prove or disprove it for quite a while. But the bright side of it all is, if the theory proves to be true we should start taking the phrase "go **** yourself" much more seriously. :P

Please note that this "theory" is just that, a theory. Unless the planet somehow miraculously learns how to generate so much energy(to the tune of a few Suns) it can literally blow a hole through the effect of gravity, then there's pretty much no way to prove or disprove it for quite a while. But the bright side of it all is, if the theory proves to be true we should start taking the phrase "go **** yourself" much more seriously. :P

I'm just not sure that this article represents the theory correctly. I don't understand how human choices would affect quantum outcome, although I do see how particles might.