Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesse James the cross dresser?

IhartU

Article from 1863:

Quantrill's Raiders, the livestock theives who pass themselves off as Conferderate guerillas in the American Civil War, have gained a new recruit. Seventeen year old Jesse "Dingus" James robs under the direction of "Bloody Bill" Anderson, a ruffian who kills all his prisoners.

Anderson and Jesse dreamed up a new version of the Tojan Horse recently. Knowing that a house of ill fame out side Independance, Kansas, entertains Union soldiers, young James dressed up in a gingham dress and be-ribboned pink bonnet, mounted his horse side saddle and took his fresh, pretty young face to the brothel. He persuaded the madam that he was a saucy country girl whose strict parents would not let "her" have beaux or romp with the boys, and claimed that "she" and twelve of "her" friends all wanted to come in and play with the soldiers that night. The old bawd, delighted at the prospect of fresh faces for her establishment, sent word to the soldiery. As a result, James and a dozen armed Raiders found a dozen unbraced and unprepared notherners in the brothel parlour when James' dulcet "ladie's" voice secured them admission.

Young James's colleagues would have robbed the soldiers and let them go. The vicious pseudo-harlot, however, insisted that all their throats be cut. We cannot imagine that such a malign "Miss Nancy" will make much impression as a criminal once this dreadful war ceases to camouflage his villainy.

BOY WERE THEY WRONG ABOUT HIM NOT MAKING AN IMPRESSION AFTER THE WAR!! :w00t:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• LostLittleGirl

• _Nyx_

• IhartU

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that true? That's nuts! I don't think he had that much of a baby face to pass as a girl! Did he??

Oh, I dunno....I think he'd pass as a woman...

Yeah I guess he could....he is a lot more baby faced than I remembered. I guess I always think of cowboys as kind of scraggly...

Weird, weird story.

I remeber reading about this. Thought it was pretty intresting.

maybe that's why his brother frank took him to the prom! :w00t::rofl:

Didn't all the Qautrill Raiders dress up as women at somepoint to escape detection?