Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CLONATION

zarvirus

CLONATION  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you with it or against it?

• Im with it
    • Im against it

CLONATION

In my view , clonation has been developed during last decade , and it can be a problem in the next century.

On one hand, medicine can benefit from clonic studies. Doctors can learn on geneties , mutations , and biology .

On the other hand, we can develope mutants people, we can generate deformed peoples and they´ll have problems with identities.

In my view, advantages are not so important as this desadvantages.

---Share your points of view---

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• kaknelson

• zarvirus

• strangebutsmart

I think clonation can help humanity in some ways... for example:

1. Can help reproduce species near extinction

2. Generete humans organs, especially for needed people.

3. Give people how cant have children nor adopt them a child of their own blood...

there are too many benefits in clonation! :tu:

CLONATION

In my view , clonation has been developed during last decade , and it can be a problem in the next century.

On one hand, medicine can benefit from clonic studies. Doctors can learn on geneties , mutations , and biology .

On the other hand, we can develope mutants people, we can generate deformed peoples and they´ll have problems with identities.

In my view, advantages are not so important as this desadvantages.

---Share your points of view---

Against.

I seem to agree with Za.

The negatives simply outweigh the benefits when it comes to cloning. One can prophesize that much more evil would come out of this than good... in relation to cloning humans. :devil:

Edited by Kaknelson

There are more benefits than disadvantages. A possible disadvantage is that a nation can clone a perfect soldier over and over; train them from birth to kill. Then would that even be bad, if we were the ones weilding the power?

In any event, I don't believe even this is a disadvantage not because it is not possible, but rather not plausable.

When creating a clone, one cannot speed up time or make an identical person to another - for both nature and nurture affect one's psyche. With this in mind, it would take at least 20 years to create this army - give or take a couple of years to fill these years with training and skills.

Within the next 20-30 years, it is not a stretch to say that robots will be fighting wars for us - indeed we already have robotic counterparts to our soldiers today. Some are guards, others survailence drones, and others machine guns with wheels. Radio controlled bots with a centrifigul gun mounted on top are not far off.

Possible benefits may include a new completely compatible heart for your grandmother who had a stroke, or a new face for a burn victim. A Hypoallergenic cat (already out..) and many other interesting and useful things.

with it

Cloned stem cells prove identical to fertilized stem cells

NC&T/WIBR

Also known as somatic cell nuclear transfer, therapeutic cloning is

a promising approach to create individually customized cellular

therapies for treating certain disorders. Demonstrated in mice but

not in humans, it begins with stem cells derived from a cloned

embryo. But if cloned embryos can't produce normal organisms, how

can they produce normal stem cells?

Analyzing the complete gene-expression profiles of both cloned and

fertilization-derived stem cells in mice, scientists at Whitehead

Institute for Biomedical Research now have concluded that the two

are, in fact, indistinguishable.

with it

Cloned stem cells prove identical to fertilized stem cells

NC&T/WIBR

Also known as somatic cell nuclear transfer, therapeutic cloning is

a promising approach to create individually customized cellular

therapies for treating certain disorders. Demonstrated in mice but

not in humans, it begins with stem cells derived from a cloned

embryo. But if cloned embryos can't produce normal organisms, how

can they produce normal stem cells?

Analyzing the complete gene-expression profiles of both cloned and

fertilization-derived stem cells in mice, scientists at Whitehead

Institute for Biomedical Research now have concluded that the two

are, in fact, indistinguishable.

i think your article is incomplete wolverinno...but it seems interesting...

I didn't vote because I'm with it and I'm against it at the same time. I'm with it because I must adnit that it would be really cool to have a clone of myself or have clone pets. I'm against it because it would be very unethical to clone amd also a very smart and very evil mad scientest could create an army of clones that he/she could use to take over the world. :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

If we were to ban every advance that had potentially bad uses we would never have sharpened the first flint tool. There is very little technology that can't be subverted for the wrong purposes.

Those who will wish to use cloning for "evil" purposes will disregard the laws prohibiting the research. By banning research in these areas those who will suffer will be those that could benefit from the legitimate uses of these advances.

Society needs to sort itself out morally, not restrict scientific research through fear. If we allow fear of advance to win we might as well throw all our technology away and go back to living in caves.

I am for it only for the purposes of Therapeutic Cloning and Stem Cell Lines.

If we allow fear of advance to win we might as well throw all our technology away and go back to living in caves.

LOL. that's a little harsh... it's just this possibility of cloning human life. It seems so unatural. It can be viewed as playing "God."

I suppose there is strong medical benefits to cloning.

Edited by Kaknelson

Cloning has some good possible advantages; regenerating organs, saving an endangered species etc. but I don't think full humans should be cloned.

Im going againts it. For sure it has great advantages really. BUT because we humans have weak minds and very easy to be tempted. We will abuse it, and it will reign chaos all over the world.

Trust me. No matter how smart we are especially right now, it we will screw up.

Im going againts it. For sure it has great advantages really. BUT because we humans have weak minds and very easy to be tempted. We will abuse it, and it will reign chaos all over the world.

Trust me. No matter how smart we are especially right now, it we will screw up.

Well thats the big problem...we humans always use things in the wrong way...

LOL. that's a little harsh... it's just this possibility of cloning human life. It seems so unatural. It can be viewed as playing "God."

I suppose there is strong medical benefits to cloning.

All technology is unnatural. There is nothing natural about cars or aircraft or rockets. All of these technologies have been used to benefit mankind and all have been used as weapons of war.

All technology is unnatural. There is nothing natural about cars or aircraft or rockets. All of these technologies have been used to benefit mankind and all have been used as weapons of war.

Very true.

But the possiblity of manipulating human life, to me, is in a league of its own.

Edited by Kaknelson

I think only the military should be able to use cloning in order to reduce the number of casualties in war or to take the best and smartest soldier that they have and make clones to when wars.

i am 100% against human cloning but iffy on cloning organs and animals, so i voted against it

theres something that just dosent seem right about it, like the elite, they can clone themselves and say a hitler-like leader comes in the future and has this cloning tech just imagine

yeah theres a bunch of benifits but i just dont like the idea

and what the guy below me posted i agree with that

Edited by shikon1

Against it. In all the animal Kingdom we evolve with the survival of the fittest or in this case gene's messing with that evolution could have horrible outcomes.

messing with that evolution could have horrible outcomes

We are not messing with evolution, we are saving lives :tu:

Do some research.

3. Give people how cant have children nor adopt them a child of their own blood...

Imagine giving life to another human being with your exact physical and genetic features, but then imagine what if you had created another human soul, yet you discarded them off as an object simply forged by cell organisms and DNA inheritence, cloning goes against everything in nature, and it just isn't allowed, has anyone here seen Jurassic Park? The moral of that story still stands: "life will find a way."

There is not a single human being in this universe, even at an attempt to clone a perfect model, they would still have differences from yourself, this is why it is impossible for humans ourselves to create another living organism with 100% of your cell structure, in fact, when they clone sheep, there are still differences making them unique amongst the original as in comparison with the clone.

Playing God is dangerous, much like what Kaknelson said, and it just isn't allowed to be so.

I'm with it for medical uses and for bringing

back animals that man has wiped out

I'm with it for medical uses and for bringing

back animals that man has wiped out

That is possible however, and I would be for it if we used some modern day specimens to clone the exinct ones. :yes:

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with you.

That is possible however, and I would be for it if we used some modern day specimens to clone the exinct ones. :yes:

Hope it's not a Dino. If they come, instead of them being extinct,

we'll be the ones extinct.