Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Gray Lady" Ghost

Magikman

"This picture was taken without anyone knowing an apparition may have been caught on film, seeing as how the shape only appeared in the picture AFTER it was taken. No one was aware of a ghostly presence or strange activity when the photo was snapped. The picture was taken in Kramer, Pa., circa 1977. It has received moderate attention in local newspapers in the past."

user posted image

Magikman

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Mentalcase

• dust19

• DEADWALKER1

I have not seen this one before and although it does look sort of like a person, it is very slender and not at all lifelike.

My guess is that it's a tarpaulin draped over a pole or something and by chance it just looks like a sort of figure.

I assume those are people on the scaffold?  Those people are about the same hieght as the apparition. Their heads are about the same size too.  If the people are painting a cloth would fit perfect into this picture.  I agree with Loon.

Magikman,

Unfortunately the File Attachments addon isn't yet compatable with the Poll Addon, so we will have to wait for someone to release a patch to include the attachment ability in a poll thread. With any luck someone will achieve this quite quickly, since both addons are very popular.

I agree with everyone here in that the ghost looks more like a sheet draped over a pole or something along those lines.

I'd vote for "Something else" as well.

:s03

Yup, sheet and pole methinks

I think I'll wait for the pole..I mean poll to be set up for my vote!  ;D

• 1 month later...

:s6 Looks like a pole and tarp but if it is does make you look twice

Vote: Something else :sr

• 5 weeks later...

I think it looks too real. It's too..'real' to be a ghost. But at first site, I was like "WOAH! That's freeeaky!"  :s2 I had to read some replies, and look again.

Yup, too real...know what I mean?  :s6

:sn ParanormalGirl626 :sn

l_ I so tierd..-.- _l

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with most of you here. It could very well be many things.

On the other hand....I personnaly still don`t know what a ghostly image really looks like. Do they have the same bodily features? Or are they disoriented in size and shape? Are they all transparent or mostly Opaque?

Given the fact that I can`t distiguish between a ghost and a blur on a picture yet.... I have to go with Undecided. It`s not like we have anything to truly compare it to.

I honestly can`t wait till we as a race have figured out a little more about these spirits that inhabit our world. These debates would be sooooooo much simpler  :)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think its a little too real looking to be a ghost......

cuz most ghosts that r caught in pictures r usually one color, like gray or occasionaly (i've seen a couple) green. AND this pic is kinda beige and some other colors.......... I think its fake.... thatz only my opinion though......... it might be real.... huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif

I agree with Loonboy, its too slender to resemble a human form. Probably someone with too much spare time and a spare table cloth. mellow.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest

how can anyone actually think this looks paranormal? its so clearly just a piece of cloth for the painters to wipe their brushes on.......disappointing...ohmy.gif(

Guest Guest_Jake
"This picture was taken without anyone knowing an apparition may have been caught on film, seeing as how the shape only appeared in the picture AFTER it was taken. No one was aware of a ghostly presence or strange activity when the photo was snapped. The picture was taken in Kramer, Pa., circa 1977. It has received moderate attention in local newspapers in the past."

user posted image

Magikman

It actually looks like a person covered in white paint because they are painting a house with white paint. Maybe the bucket of paint fell on the person.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dragonX

yeah it looks like a cloth on a pole but i'm still skeptical cause you can see some of the ladder through the cloth, if it was just a cloth on a pole it would be solid and not partly transparent, but maybe i'm wrong, i'm still undecided mellow.gif

• 4 weeks later...

seen the film Braveheart? doesnt it look like a side view of the woman when they r getting married in the woods (well i think so anyway tongue.gif ).

Am not sure wot to think of it though, if its real or not dry.gif

If you ask me, it kinda looks like some with a blanket around them, but I dunno. Don't ask me. wink.gif

There are so many skeptics here.

While I do agree that the quality of the picture is not good, that does not necissarily make it a "hoax".

Moreover, ghosts do not, and usually, don't appear totally human-like.

At times they don't possess arms,legs, or even heads.

This picture is hard to determine, yes.

hey wait a minute! That's the same ghost that helped me when I painted my house!! It was weird because one minute there was nothing there...but when i put my dropcloth up on a stick the ghost appeared! I think this is what's known in ancient lore as a stick phantom. They only appear when you drape a rag on a stick..I think maybe that is what brings them back to this side...

....ok well, it does look like a ghostly person, and it does look creepy...so it's still cool then. smile.gif

Guest jacfu

just after pic was snapped.....

"Ah, man. I didn't see that lady in the jacket walking by that pole. She just blends in with the buidling. Oh well. I'll develop it and then say I didn't see her. What could possibly go wrong?"

• 1 month later...

Well the picture could be considered as an Arabic woman walking and not nessicarily a Ghost. thats my opinion, and soon a topic about the green lady ghost and cemetary will be posted!!! (located in CT)